It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec. 21 Lunar Eclipse Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This thread is for all the pictures ATS members have taken of the once in 456 year winter solstice lunar eclipse. As previously stated in another thread of mine on this same subject, there are some people who just cannot view this event and as a benevolent community we will work hard to get as many photos/videos of the event as possible so everyone is able to view the event.

We are still 4 hours away from the event right now, 9:17 EST, but when the event comes and goes I am hoping this thread will be full of photos/videos.
edit on 12/20/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You can watch it on the NASA website if its not cloudy!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I got some wood stacked ready to burn
And some tea is ready to brew.
And my camera is... *looks around* ack I forgot my camera! brb!~

This should be a great night

I only wish I didn't have to spend it alone...I need to get me some lady friends
*pushes up glasses*

edit on 20-12-2010 by freedish because: cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!
cuz i felt like it!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here's where you want to be...

CoasterGhost

He's got a stream all set up starting at 12:30 am est
edit on 12/20/2010 by Hx3_1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Borg is back in town...

Just when you need him....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There's heavy cloud cover here. I was really wanting to see it, too.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Same here Mark.
Well, in some ways....

Heavy cloud cover *with snow* never ending...I should say...feels like the North Pole, in fact.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

You can keep the snow. There's enough here. Too bad about the clouds.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here are couple of more feeds that look better than that first one...

www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...
edit on 12/20/2010 by Hx3_1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
ARRRGGHHH! I was going to photograph it and like an hour ago the clouds started rolling in. Now you can't see the moon at all, or stars.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I was looking forward to seeing this, but I went outside to watch and we had really heavy clouds and it was snowing cats and dogs. I am definitely looking forward to seeing pics and video that any ATS'ers got.

Huge thanks for those of you who could watch the eclipse and get pics and vid for us!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am so mad right now!!!!!!!!!!

My POS camera will not take a visible picture of it! I tried the camcorder mode too and still nothing but a small dot the size of of the letter 'o' on this screen!

And it is 100% clear here, I even saw a shooting star or meteor just by the moon about 10 minutes ago.

I am so disappointed.

edit on 12/21/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Viewing in Florida was more than perfect last night. Had a clear dark view from my backyard the whole night until 1:00 - 4:40, then I had to go in. My knees were literally like ice cubes. I also saw a meteor, a really good one right by the moon. Then a few more stragglers that didn't last as long but you just barely caught it with your eye. I live in a quardaplex, so my neighbors back light was on, and I was praying by the time I woke up after 2 hours of sleep it would be off. Then while I was outside and thinking how cool it would be if the light just blew out or something before the moon got totally eclipsed, it just turned off. Which was a coincidence, because they never come outside and im surprised they just happened to realize it was on and turn it off. Considering they will keep that light on all day and night without knowing. So I had luck with me. Rest of the night was great.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Nothing at all over here (Australia) however I did see what I believed to be UFO's near the moon Monday night. No eclipse though :down: even though I knew we wouldn't see it, I had a tiny little reservoir of hope

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Does anyone by chance have a good video of it? Damn clouds cost me any chance of a glimpse

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I found this. The moon looks really cool. Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Here are some screen grabs off of two video cameras.

One is a prosumer D8 format Sony, the other is a Infrared Nightvision camera hooked to another Sony D8 recorder (the IRcam has no audio, video output only). After the initial setup of equipment, I really only was able to capture the last 1/3rd of the eclipse (starting with the SonyCam).

The SonyCam footage begin approximately at 12:26 am Tuesday morn.

The IRcam started roughly 20 minutes later (after initial setup)

Weather conditions were quite overcast with two layers of clouds. Guesstimates of top layer could be roughly above 35,000+ feet and moving to the East. The bottom layer may have been between 8,000 to 16,000 feet and was moving to the South - SouthEast. Which made for some wild looks as the bottom layer was moving about 60% faster than the top layer (rather eerie actually).

The SonyCam was aimed solely on the moon which after the complete eclipse, was near impossible to track. I panned the IRcam anywhere there were some breaks in the clouds.

Several planes would pass in view of the IRcam along with a few meteors . Then as the tape counter started flashing that I had several minutes left of tape, 'something' passed from almost overhead and heading to the East. It never fails that it's at the end of the tape (or worse yet I've started to break down the equipment when 'something' will happen (visually).

Anyway... I'll be posting up the "something" (along with some other footage from the morning), in a thread in the Aliens & UFO forum. I have the footage being looked at right now by several other "associates/analysts" for their thoughts. But mean time (while we wait...), here's some screen-grabs.

Below is the IRcam off to the side as the Sun is still hitting a small portion of the Moon causing it to flare out under the IR bandwidth (of about 850nm). The second IRcam shot is after the total eclipse, notice how it still glows steadily regardless (yet not flaring out as in the previous shot, nightvision and bright illumination don't play well together and can damage your equipment)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbac9af650ab.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2fb1994b382.gif[/atsimg]

Below is one of the meteorss captured (in Infrared)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/082d291ab810.gif[/atsimg]

Below are three shots with the SonyCam of the eclipse as it is in it's last stages till dark..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46f92bddac3e.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f53a9e745c73.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54de6d63d788.gif[/atsimg]

I'll post up a link in this thread to the thread I start after a tad more research and analysis of the bogey has been done.

Happy Winter Solstice!
Johnny

edit on Thu, 23 Dec 2010 03:09:30 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Sorry for the late reply, but here's my video of the eclipse. 4 hours of footage compressed into five minutes:

And here's my mosaic through the main telescope of the deepest portion of the eclipse:
farm6.static.flickr.com...

top topics

join