It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Cops Now Use Iris Scanners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Local Cops Now Use Iris Scanners

In Iraq and Afghanistan, U.S. troops use handheld devices to take iris scans and thumb prints off of detainees and put them in vast databases to distinguish insurgents from civilians. Now your local cops are getting in on the action.

L-1 Identity Solutions, a four-year-old company, makes the Handheld Interagency Identity Detection System (HIIDE), a mobile device that digitally records someone’s iris, fingerprint and facial characteristics “to create a comprehensive database on the enrolled subject.” The tool, which has earned high marks in Iraq and Afghanistan, is marketed to cops, as a way to avoid taking suspects to booking stations, “where waiting time for results could be anywhere from three hours to three days” for a positive ID on warrant-jumpers.

www.wired.com...

why carry ur drivers license anymore?
just step up and scan ur eyes and they know
everything about u, even if ur a terrorist
or have an outstanding warrant.

seems like we lose another right everyday.
I think this has gone a lil too far.
But what do you expect from the
NWO?

And the penalty for refusing a scan is what??
Lemme guess, a FEMA Camp ???

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

seems like we lose another right everyday.

What right have you lost specifically from police using scanners rather than checking your various licenses?

And the penalty for refusing a scan is what?? Lemme guess, a FEMA Camp ???

Obviously it's an on-the-spot point blank shot, execution style. Grow up.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I've always wondered how finger printing on arrest was justified.
An arrest is not a conviction,
so, you're arrested, booked, photoed and printed,
then found innocent,
yet, all your info remains on file, with no law broken.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The TSA said the body scanner images wouldn't be stored, and we know that they are. The government always says images and scanned aren't stored, but are usually found to be liars. A person is naive to believe that this biometric information, including iris scanners, won't be stored and used to force compliance down the road.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abney
The TSA said the body scanner images wouldn't be stored, and we know that they are. The government always says images and scanned aren't stored, but are usually found to be liars. A person is naive to believe that this biometric information, including iris scanners, won't be stored and used to force compliance down the road.

u r exactly correct.
the data has to be stored or else
there is nothing to compare ur
biometric data to.

star 4 u

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have often wondered how the so called "authorities",could take notes of what one says,and actually have one sign papers and such..........

....While they are intoxicated,which would seem to me to be entrapment,or at least taking advantage......

Especially since they are considered to be incompetent.

I often wonder who actually is competent.....

I'm drunk,nevermind.

top topics

join