It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to see the eclipse tonight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's raining where I live and it's been cloudy all weekend and will continue to be. There are two places I goto during the summer that are higher elevation that are an hour away. But I wonder if it would be high enough to see I dont want to drive and be disappointed. I really want to see this is there any way you guys can think of??

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Check out NASA for a live cam www.nasa.gov...

Live Video of the Lunar Eclipse

If you don't want to brave the December chill, or if your weather doesn't cooperate for lunar viewing, we have you covered! A live video feed of the lunar eclipse will be embedded on this page on the evening of Dec. 20 by approximately 6 p.m. EST. The camera is mounted at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.

It was cloudy earlier, but it has cleared up nicely.
Here's an existing thread already discussing www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-12-2010 by sheeplemama_awakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Cloudy here too, I am po'd!

Here is a link that I will be watching.

www.ccssc.org...
Live webcast of the event

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It is cloudy here in NE Ohio. Have been waiting to view this and now I will not get a chance to. Will still set my alarm in case there should be a break in the clouds. Would kick myself if I didn't get up and then found out it was viewable.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Been raining here all day, but my neighbor just told me that he was able to see the moon rising as he walked home, so (fingers crossed) I will be able to see something tonight.

edit on 20-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Its snowing where I am and there's no way in hell I'll be able to see it. The NASA cam is awesome but its just not the same as seeing it from your own backyard.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
if I can get my fat arse up that late I plan on video taping it on my HD camcordere. I am in Henry, VA near Martinsville. The sky is clear and we are expecting a cold night. It hit a balmy 40 today ....

expect about 2-3 am here ....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SIKKAthanMOST

My thoughts exactly. If worse comes to worse I will view it via the NASA webcam, however, seeing it "live" will be breath taking. I am hoping and praying that Mother Nature cooperates. If not, I hope she falls and breaks a hip.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Same weather here in Indiana - cold, cloudy with snow moving in. I so wanted to see the eclipse! I hope those that can see it get some good images and vids. Looking forward!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies guys and especially those of you who provided links. I think ill be watching from the ccssc link, the video is huge!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

I am at work and just stepped outside. The clouds here have given way to clear skies. I work 30 miles from home so I hope it's clear there as well. Here's hoping that you all have clear skies, even if only briefly, and get to view it with your own eyes.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yup I guess the clouds wanted to see the eclipse too, it got cloudy here in MS today, its been clear all week.
This sucks it happens every time something cool happens like eclipses and meteor showers...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I think that link looks like a pretty good bet. I am assuming it will be of the highest quality and reliability.

Thank you for the link.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here's another good link from Chile
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Viewing weather currently looking good from here on the South Island of New Zealand (Canterbury / inland).

No cloud, 30degs, windy.. let's hope it holds... 2.5hrs to go until the event

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes, here in Louisville I cannot see a thing, due to cloud cover and snow/sleet. HOWEVER the coca cola space science center link will enable all of us "out of luckers" to see it, provided we can all stay awake that long! Only two more hours!

www.ccssc.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
*******CloudBursting would really help out*******

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I agree! Cloud bursting or some plain old fashioned laser beams from the eyes . . . . . . Superman where are you !?!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Unfortunately I am receiving a error message there . . . "Failed to Open Media" Bummer. I am currently watching the following link as a backup and it seems to be clear and of good quality . . . So far.

NASA TV HD
edit on 21-12-2010 by nonnez because: correction

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
There has to be a conspiracy! Most of the US is under cloud cover on such an eventful moment.
How did they do it? What does it mean? Why don't they want us to see it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37204d44989f.gif[/atsimg]
www.intellicast.com...

Wish I was in Brownsville TX tonight...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join