It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion Belt Anomalies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's the McKay/Carter Intergalactic Gate Bridge.

Other than that no idea.Looks interesting.S+F for you

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

No I think he was exactly right point your optics that way and lets see if you can reproduce the artifact? The burden of proof is upon you, and seeing as you have a scope and seem to know how to use it put it to use and prove the naysayers wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

No one is (or at least, I am not) saying glitches don't happen. But at the same time I am allowing things to be happening that we haven't a clue about.

You can have both, glitches and mysteries. One does not automatically explain the other.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I do not have to prove anything for I am not saying with absolute certainty that this is one particular thing.
Unlike some of you who are saying it is absolutely a glitch. If it's a glitch, prove it!

And there m'friend lays the difference between humility and arrogance

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Like I posted already when you stitch different photos together to form a panoramic picture like that anomalies & glitches happen. And with it only appearing in that section and then disappearing all of a sudden it points to a glitch to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
www.google.com...=-0.14041886578157892&longitude=-97.34882354736328&zoom=13&Spitzer=0.00&ChandraXO=0.00&Galex=0.00&IRAS=0.00&WMAP=0. 00&Cassini=0.00&slide=1&mI=-1&oI=-1

interesting . I've noticed a line near Orions belt esp when it's close to the East horizon at apx 8pm est . lately . The link above is apx location and there is a definate line with points . If you go further to the right they intersect. At first I thought it was the lines on the sky map , now i'm not so sure. Great find ! TY !

latitude=-0.14041886578157892&longitude=-97.34882354736328

Not sure if link above brings you to the above lat & long .. hth !
edit on 21-12-2010 by awake1 because: link not sure if it goes to the lat & long the above can be put in search to find

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by awake1

Is this what you were pointing out?
Google Sky Lines
One of the intersecting lines goes on pretty far.

Anyway, I have no clue what it is. I think the best suggestions were comet or satellite, doesn't seem to be the stitching of photos, but I like the idea of a celestial expressway.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by havok

Could be a comet but why does it have a beginning and end? Shouldn't it be seen throughout the sky if it was soaring by?

I still like to think it's something unexplainable although comet is a good guess.

I would say 'shooting star' is a better explanation.
There's tons of video of comets at Soho.com, that run in orbit around our Sun.
They seem to travel pretty quickly, but that's time-lapse footage...
So it might actually be slower.

The reason there's a beginning and end, in my opinion, is because of the same reasons when one witnesses a Meteorite. Simply put, we have no idea its origins, just the direction its going.
By sight.

Either way, any explanation is valued only by the authors opinion or the readers belief.
Without any other logical explanation, I believe its a comet.

Who knows how long it takes to get those images?
Or, for that matter, the shutter speed.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

this is great. We've never discovered/ proved a stargate exists... yet this is a star gate. Well I commend you on your creativity and imagination!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Your "lines" are caused by extended exposure to a moving object. Long exposure is used to capture more light from distant stars/objects of the universe.

The reason they seem to stop suddenly is due to another photo(from a different time) being stitched in order to continue the panorama..

There are several occurrences of these lines all over google sky. Again, moving objects streaking through the photo during exposure. Could be satellites comets or even ufo's...

@ [ 5h 35m 4.0s -0° 56' 35.0" ] there is an intersection of another "line" with the "line" mentioned in the video.

EDIT:
Here is a photo - 31mins of exposure to the sky. If you look to the left side you will see a similar result from a plane or satellite passing through the sky during exposure. Obviously all the stars are streaking because the camera was on the earth, and the earth rotates..

Source: forums.dpreview.com...
edit on 21-12-2010 by gmax111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
What's a bright light wash out mean?
And where do you see it criss-crossing?

What's your over-all opinion?
Thanks

Hey Human_Alien, I found less than 90-degree (cut and paste "this image is the continuation of this image" would prolly be 90-degrees, being as it's a file and whatnot) intersections at:

-0.938254°, -96.240889° - you can also see that whatever this straight-line object is; is reaffirming itself through the cross-like flares from the stars that it intersects itself. You can see the digital data (combined colors) of the starlight and the object (see the stars that intersect the lines like -1.190450°, -96.231705°) These instances is what I'm referring to by "bright light wash out"

0.401046°, -96.150963° - end of a line, again incomplete it appears.
0.025860°, -97.857497° - W to E line appears to start at star Ori (lolstargate)/Mintaka (MIND CONTROL?!?
) and extends all the way out to 1.190594°, -101.725710°

As for what I think it is? -1.338075°, -97.021085° looks like it was still being worked on, segments get more complete as you go more NWish; however many thousands of lightyears away this... object is. I think it could be a particle accelerator (e.g. CERN - LHC 27 km of wuuut?!), or maybe even object accelerator to get you closer to light speed, or maybe it's just like the public bus system

EDIT: In fact... it really really really looks like the SG:A Midway Station (props to Phantom traveller for mentioning that!)
edit on 21-12-2010 by igigi because: blarg.

edit on 21-12-2010 by igigi because: Phantom traveller!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Zoltan, the humans have found the Orion gate line. Please advise on course of action...........

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmax111
There are several occurrences of these lines all over google sky. Again, moving objects streaking through the photo during exposure. Could be satellites comets or even ufo's...

Happen to have pinned any of those locations? I'd love to see this outside of Orion (admittedly haven't searched long, but coooomee-ooon.... space's big.)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great find and post, this is really amazing. It got me poking around on sky-map.org to see if I could spot the line there and it does appear to be there as well, but what I really find interesting is the "WTF" object. I found that object and another as well, if you look up and to the left (of the first one) there appears to be another one. I will post locations for both I am interested to see if anybody can see these in google sky. S&F

First Object

RA: 05h33m55.04s
DC:_01 10'18.5

Second Object

RA: 05h34m08.37s
DC:_01 07'29.3

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDuke6

Coords produce nothing interesting in Google Sky (portion of Google Earth. give it a download, free and interesting)

Based on images near that location on sky-map.org, one could conclude it might be reflections on the telescope's lens or whatever. Check ~W of your coords and you'll see blue ghost images of their telescope.
edit on 21-12-2010 by igigi because: not ~NW, is indeed ~W.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

RE: mah own question... decided to go check out the Pegasus constellation..

RA: 23h33m28.1s
DEC: +22°29m56.0s

You can see several lines going from SW-NE over the constellation; these are more indicative of photo processing errors (prolly by the telescope) and they are all oriented the same through the constellation. However, I do not believe this is what we're seeing in the Orion constellation.. Thoughts?

EDIT: Check out 25.177035°, -171.869685° and you'll see more instances of this. You'll even see green dots that are probably reflections from the observatory (they're known to light with odd colors, but mostly red because of it's short wave frequency.)
MOAR: 6.481415°, -168.041685° blue linez
Blarg. RA: 0h48m41.0s DEC: +7°35m6.0s Here we see a star w/ the bottom half being represented by another image from different time.

edit on 21-12-2010 by igigi because: MOAR

edit on 21-12-2010 by igigi because: MOARMOAR

edit on 21-12-2010 by igigi because: "I see dea... er.. lines."

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
there was a post not to long ago.
of a fast moving space object. fmso? ufo?
how are the google pics taken?
do they have the camera move
across the sky taking pics?
what angle?
it could be a very fast moving object.
with the line between the dots? pulses?
I dont thing its made by the camera.

ATS is not just about debunking discrediting destroying theory's.
or is it?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Depends on the source of the image Google uses. A lot of the space picture are just processed observatory data, and the correlated spacial relation data.
en.wikipedia.org... is an overview of a Virtual Observatory, with links to the sites that have data access request parameters to get served raw astronomical data for you to process yourself... talk about a PITA, I'll stick to Google Sky.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

Cool thanks for checking for me and for the explanation. I am on my work computer so I cant download google-sky
I did find another anomaly on sky-map however right above Vega, What the heck is that (cords to follow)

RA:18h42m44.83s
DC:+41 13'32.0

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDuke6

Yeah, 18h42m44.83s, +41 13'32.0, classic case of the telescope being reflected off something above it (prolly a dome or glass sheet, or whatever them sciencey people used to protect the lenses.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join