Sustainable Drinking Water

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Recently I have been pondering possible SHTF scenarios and I got to thinking about a sustainable water source. I live in a very dry area and there are no bodies of water near by that I am aware of. While mulling over possible solutions I remembered when I was 7 and watched the movie Waterworld. Kevin Costner was able to drink his own urine using his filtration system.

If this is possible he is probably using reverse osmosis along with some other kind of filters. I was wondering if this would be a possible means of staying hydrated? I would imagine water would be lost due to bodily functions such as sweating and this cycle process would not be maintainable. He probably also uses his filter on rain water so with limited outside water sources could this be a possible solution for survival? Either way it couldn't hurt to own a filtration system so it is probably something I will be looking into in the very near future. What do you think?

P.S. Costner has some accuracy, I would be too afraid to miss and probably hold the container a little closer.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I believe it is possible to drink your own urine after filtration using a H2O filter. This is similar to what NASA astronauts use to conserve water weight on missions.

I don't know if I would try this unless REALLY necessary though.

new topics

join