Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Amazing alignments of Europe's ancient sites and the Pyramids of Giza and Saqqara

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
It seems to me like you're only drawing straight lines from places around the world and linking them to the pyramids...

You can draw a straight line from Point A to point B anywhere on the map.... What do all these lines have in common with each other?

Anyone can draw a line from stonehenge to the center of any pyramid on the planet, so I'm failing to see and significance here...

If one could get the lines to stop dead center (or flat) in any of the four sides of the great pyramid, not comming in at an angle they might have something.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I searched ATS and found this has been talked about since 2006.

Just go to search and enter Ley lines and you will find answers to all your questions.

What I found was very interesting.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
That is so awesome!
Great job!
I'm going to try to do that now

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Carl Munck coined the term "archaeocartography". Perhaps you should google him and see the work that he had done over the many years he studied this very issue. I believe there may still be a youtube video of him out there. He was one of the very first to "connect the dots" (pardon the pun) and I for one definitely believe that there is something to this...there's just too much structured design for it to be coincidence.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

What kind of interesting things? If you've discovered something interesting through reading some of those older threads, please post your thoughts. I'd love to hear them!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It appears we're forgetting that most of these sites have shifted due to tectonic plate movement. Some up to several miles/kilometers, since they were built. I'm having trouble believing anything that lines up today was of any significance back then. Who knows though? It's most definitely interesting to think about, regardless.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 21-12-2010 by Strype because: Sp

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
It appears we're forgetting that most of these sites have shifted due to tectonic plate movement. Some up to several miles/kilometers, since they were built. I'm having trouble believing anything that lines up today was of any significance back then.

Unless of course they were built with the intention of them perfectly lining up at a specific future date, say, the 2012 thing.

Not that I think this is the case, but it was an interesting idea that popped into my head as I read your post. Might make for an interesting story though. Have to write it down somewhere...

By the way, do your lines take into account the curvature of the planet?
edit on 21/12/2010 by Henduluin because: (no reason given)
edit on 21/12/2010 by Henduluin because: Added question/spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If anyone else wants to try this you can download a free program that will draw a line between any points that you have saved in a kml file, it will also create grids and lots of other stuff.

It's called GEPath link

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
G'Day ATS,

Every now and again I like to play around on Google Earth, look at the Pyramids and other Ancient monuments, to see if I can find any anomalies or anything interesting.

Let me show you what I found this time. I must stress, I don't know what (if anything) it means, it may just be coincidence but it's cool none the less.

I started with the Pyramids of Giza, drew a line from the tip of each to the adjacent one, playing around with the "ruler function":

Then I recalled another set of Pyramids, called the Saqqara Pyramids, a cluster of four (five including a collapsed one) pyramids roughly South East from the Great Pyramid:

I started drawing lines between the centres of the pyramids and then wondered what would happen if I continued the lines through off into the distance, staying on the same heading.

Here's what I found, coincidence, probably, but still weird!!!

Lets look at one of ATS's favourite locations, PARA: Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

UNTERSBERG

From Untersberg

Through the Northern most Giza pyramid

Through the middle of the "Step" Pyramid at Saqqara

View showing line connecting all the points

Okay, I hope you're with me!? What this shows is that if you draw a line going from the Step Pyramid in the Saqqara group, through the middle of the most northern pyramid at Giza, you get a line that passes through the summit of Untersberg!

However it doesn't stop there.

STONEHENGE

From Stonehenge

Through Giza to Saqqara

Giza, through the centre of most southern Pyramid

Through the centre of the most northern Saqqara pyramid

ACROPOLIS, GREECE

I'd like to point out here that it's easy to do this from a high altitude, but as you can see, where the line passes through the pyramids I've zoomed in quite a lot which makes this quite remarkable!!

Line from the Greek Acropolis passing through the centre of the Step Pyramid at Saqqara

Okay, here's another one, have you ever heard of the Eruption of Thera, one of the highly likely sources of the Atlantis Myth:

Minoan eruption of Thera

The Minoan eruption of Thera, also referred to as the Thera eruption or Santorini eruption, was a major catastrophic volcanic eruption (Volcanic Explosivity Index (VEI) = 6 or 7, Dense-rock equivalent (DRE) = 60 km3) which is estimated to have occurred in the mid second millennium BCE. The eruption was one of the largest volcanic events on Earth in recorded history. The eruption devastated the island of Thera (also called Santorini), including the Minoan settlement at Akrotiri -- as well as communities and agricultural areas on nearby islands and on the coast of Crete.

The eruption seems to have inspired certain Greek myths and may have caused turmoil in Egypt. Additionally, it has been speculated that the Minoan eruption and the destruction of the city at Akrotiri provided the basis for or otherwise inspired Plato's story of Atlantis.

Thera can also be connected to the pyramids in this way:

From what's left of Thera

Through the centre of the great pyramid

Through the Step pyramid, this line is identical to the Acropolis line

NEWGRANGE IRELAND

Newgrange Passage Tomb

I'm working on some more, but I believe there is something important about these two Pyramid groups and their geometry,

I'll post other places as and when I find them.

As I said it could be coincidence, then again.........

All the best, Kiwi

edit on 20-12-2010 by kiwifoot because: speilung

You mean to bloody tell me, i did all that following of the lines and theres no....
What in gods life was the point to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

There is an easy explanation for this. Perhaps it is the path stars travel. A;; the sites you listed were very dependent upon stars for architectural ratios, sizes, placements, etc etc. Would make sense they are along lines.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
This is intriguing to be sure. Star for effort. But I am having difficulty getting my head around how you are actually constructing your lines.

The earth is an approximate ball shape. While it is possible to draw lines on a ball, getting them straight isn't that easy. You are working on a curved surface here - in 3 dimensions.

Any map of the earth done on a flat 2 dimensional surface will have errors in it because you can't display a 3 dimensional object in only 2 dimensions. Look at lines of longitude and latitude on a globe and while accurate, and "straight" they curve to the eye.

So how does one know how to do this on a 2 dimensional computer simulation of a globe to get these lines between points.

I'm intrigued but a bit puzzled at the same time.

the Google Earth globe is 3 dimensional. It's a "virtual globe", so lines drawn on it will be the same as lines drawn on a physical globe as far as accuracy goes.

2 dimensional flat maps introduce distortions that vary by the projection used to represent a 3 dimensional surface on a 2 dimensional plane. Lines that are "straight" on a globe will be distorted into curves on a flat map, and vice versa.

On maps of small areas, the distortion is so small as to be unnoticeable, as in the pictures showing the local areas of the pyramids. On a larger scale, say from the pyramids to European locations, the distortions will be noticeable on a flat map, and will distort to a greater or smaller degree on a globe, depending on the angle one views it at (whether it is "directly below" the viewer or closer to the limb of the planet.

I think the confusion here is trying to equate a flat map to a spherical one, rather than accept the flat one as a distorted approximation of a round surface. Of interest in this connection would be an area of math called "spherical trigonometry", in which the angles of a triangle described on the surface of a sphere add up to 270 degrees, rather than the 180 degrees of plane trigonometry. This happens because the round surface "opens" the angles of the triangles because of the curvature introduced, even though the corners still meet.

Drawing the lines on the surface of a virtual globe, as has been done here, is far closer to the reality of the situation than drawing them out on a flat map of any projection type, and that's what makes it interesting.

The fact that it lines up on three points, rather than only two, makes it even MORE interesting.

It's unlikely that lines from Mayan pyramids, Inca ruins, etc will be found for this configuration, because the alignments appear to be NW-SE, and these other locations would be more E-W. To align those, other endpoints besides the ones used will likely have to be found.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

If one could get the lines to stop dead center (or flat) in any of the four sides of the great pyramid, not comming in at an angle they might have something.

Perhaps the sides line up on the more E-W monuments found in the western hemisphere. How strange would that be, having the sides line up to western hemisphere markers, and the pyramidal apexes line up with eastern hemisphere markers?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well I decided to do a little investigation of this as I thought it was quite interesting.

I plotted the original line the OP suggested, from the very centre of Stonehenge till the Pyramids in Saqqara, I also plotted a line from my house to the same place.

Here is what happened

This is the Stone henge start point

and here it is compared with the second start point of my house

I'm not going to post a close up of the exact road for obvious reasons, as you can see in terms of the size of the UK they are pretty far apart

Here is the first time the two lines meet a pyramid, at Giza, Stonehenge hits the bottom one while my house hits the larger one above, does this mean my house is more important then stonehenge?

The next pyramids on the line are the ones at Abu Sir and again they both cross over a pyramid each

The line ends exactly on top of the pyramid at saqqara as the OP's

So from this data I'm going to have to conclude that either
a) my house is also an ancient important site
b) If you draw a line from anywhere in Southern England to that pyramid the same thing will happen

Edit to add
Here is the overview of both lines zoomed out, just so that you can see that they are indeed dead straight with no jiggery pokery
edit on 21-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
It appears we're forgetting that most of these sites have shifted due to tectonic plate movement. Some up to several miles/kilometers, since they were built. I'm having trouble believing anything that lines up today was of any significance back then. Who knows though? It's most definitely interesting to think about, regardless.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 21-12-2010 by Strype because: Sp

Plates are shifting at about 2.5 cm/1 in per year. Over the course of the lifetimes of these monuments, about 4500 years or so, that shift would amount to about 375 feet, or slightly over 114 meters, not in the range of "miles" or "kilometers".

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've got a KML file that puts all the 7 pyramids and a couple of the other spots you mentioned in there. I've also created vectors that shoot off of all the pyramids to the others (12 vectors in all). I can't make them wrap around the world, but I did make each go to the north and south extent.

I used a GIS application to create the lines and points and then exported them to KML. The vectors are actually perfectly tangent to their original bearing, so there is no deviation.

They don't intersect any of the sites directly. They come close, but they don't hit them. BUT - some of you may want to download the file and check it out in Google Earth to see if there is significance to the vectors that they shoot.

As a bonus, I also included points where the vectors intersect each other.

I've done no analysis on this yet though. Here is a screen-shot what I'm looking at:

Download the file here
I would right click and choose "save target as" to make sure you download it - IE and Firefox will try to open it up for you as an XML document.

You can save this file, and then just open it in Google Earth to see the stuff.

edit on 21-12-2010 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This was brought up on the history channel's series called Ancient Aliens. They also brought up that the egyptian pyramids also line up with the bermuda and dragon's triangles. Just another to add to the pile. I believe there is definitely something to this.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What about Chichen Itza? Tulum? Coba? Tenochtitlan? Macchu Pichu (I cant spell)?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you, I was just sitting here laughing to myself and getting ready to post basically what you just said on here.

The other thing is if we're in a dimension, say "Dimension A" (in this case the Earth) and we're looking at objects in another dimension, say "Dimension B" (in this case outerspace -- the stars and constellations) to determine what are location is in "Dimension A" (ever hear of the North Star (Polaris), or the Big Dipper people??? :lol
I would think it would be MORE accurate than simply looking at objects in our same Dimension - for example, the television across the room, and using them to determine our location. (Sorry for lack of a better example here, I just typed the first thing that came into my mind - I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible).

If you still don't get what I'm trying to say, pretend you're a fish swimming around in a aquarium - How do you know which way is North, South, East, or West?? You'd probably look at objects OUTSIDE of the fishbowl and relate them to objects INSIDE of the fishbowl - then you'd assign direction to these objects - let's face it, in a 3 dimensional sphere, there really is no "north, south, east, or west" (a,b,c,d) until we all decide AND agree which way is what. Otherwise I could tell you "go north 10 miles then turn left at West Street" and you might go in the opposite direction.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you, yes it has been discussed all over the internet for several years now - probably even closer to 2000, or 2001 than 2006. There are also a lot more connections than drawing lines on the globe that go across 3 or more "special" locations. For example, the geometry behind where buildings are located in large cities such as Washington DC... lining up the pyramids, seven wonders of the world, etc (as mentioned here), all the way out to aligning places here on Earth to the stars - to even aligning the planets in our solar system to one another (planetary orbits, the so-called "intergalactic superhighway" or... the "interplanetary superhighway" *** Note: Planetary and Galatic are different things *** )
edit on 21-12-2010 by Time2Think because: added info
edit on 21-12-2010 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is cool Kiwi

Great idea

But how bout macchu pichu (sp?)

the Nasca lines would also be a good place to start
edit on 21-12-2010 by LittleIndianJr. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join