It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraqi PM Backs Latest U.S Airstrike On Fallujah.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is the first U.S airstrike in Iraq since the handover of power.It seems that not only did the consultation process specified by the last UN Resolution take place but that the new Iraqi administration cooperated and even supplied intelligence to the U.S about the target in Fullujah.

Iraq's new prime minister says his government co-operated in a US air strike on the town of Falluja, which killed at least 10 people.
In an unprecedented statement, Iyad Allawi said his interim government had provided intelligence for the attack.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

All very well but I wonder how the Iraqi people feel about this close cooperation with the U.S which resulted in 10 deaths.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
and how many do you think were innocent? you have no idea, just word of mouth is all i ever see in most strikes like this, no proof that innocents are even there.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I would have thought that the burden of proof was on the authorities to "prove" guilt not for myself or anyone else to "prove" innocence.Especially as they have been killed without due process of law.

Innocent or Guilty? I don't know.Neither do I think it's the issue really.

The obvious truth about these airstrikes is that suspects have been pinpointed to a single building and that the authorities have so little control over the region that they use lethal force as a first resort this despite Iraqi forces supposedly being in control of Fallujah.

new topics

join