It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught In The Act – Ombudsman Report on the G20 Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Caught In The Act – Ombudsman Report on the G20 Summit

www.infowars.com

On December 7th 2010 Ontario Ombudsman Andre Martin released his final report on the G20 summit in Toronto Canada. “Caught in the Act” focuses on the misuse of a wartime regulation known as the Public Works Protection Act which led to the largest mass arrest in Canadian history and a violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.“For the citizens of Toronto the days up to and including the weekend of the G8 and G20 will live in infamy as a time period where martial law set in the city of Toronto leading to the most massive compromise of civil liberties in Canadian history and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm curious to any of those whom live in Canada, can you possibly enlighten us to what you experienced? And just what really happened that caused your own government to infringe on your rights?
What was the reasoning behind the implementation of martial law?
Any thing that might shed light on the subject, because it could be implemented in country near you~

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Sure can!

A desolate Toronto to the likes of which I have never seen or experienced in my whole life! A city that at 4pm on any given day is packed with MILLIONS of people was just plain empty in most corridors.

Driving down those corridors, 12 police unmarked vans come speeding up and 2 pull in front of us and SLAM on the brakes. 6 cops get out (in total), with guns pulled right at us, my smoke dropped out of my mouth and onto the floor. After some obscenities conjured up by the police (a few in my head), the remaining 10 unmarked vans flew by us at (estimating) 80-90km/hr.

During the rallies, there were masked cops portraying violent rally goers. The official explanation was that cops use this security tactic in order to ween out the actual violent protesters. Instigating this should be an act of terrorism in itself,but it is legal. This was not the first time that police in canada have been accused of this, and foremost I'm sure it happens everywhere around the world, and it wouldnt surprise me if there is a company out there that specializes in Riot Instigating Tactical Units or R.I.T.U (my coined term for police instigators).

Every single Starbucks was vandalized and boarded up, and within 20ft to 100ft of every starbucks there was a Second Cup (canadian version of Starbucks) still up and running, which made me laugh hysterically. If only we Canadians felt so strongly about everything else American that we let into our Great Country as we did Coffee, Canada would be a much better place to raise a family in. wink.

Now there were also talks of mega dinner parties, over spending and so on and so forth, the same stock pile of crap that always goes on when rich lavish people come together for a few days to eat heavily, party it up and snort blow and screw prostitutes native to that particular G8/20 summit in that particular country where the summit is being held.

Here are some of the ridiculous spending:
federal government opened the books on its G20/G8 spending this summer, revealing at least $860 million in costs, which included bills from Future Shop for microwaves, thousands on pins and trinkets for spouses and millions in hotel bills.

Some of the more head-scratching costs include at least $86,000 on zipper-pulls, and $4,400 on $100 pens for world leaders.

However, the majority of the costs were for security with the RCMP's bill coming in at $330 million.

Some of the RCMP's costs:

* $65 million for accommodations
* $44 million for meals and travel
* $39 million for command centres
* $33 million for private security
* $18 million for "specialized equipment"

Other security agencies sent big bills to Ottawa. Toronto police were paid $144 million by the federal government, Peel Regional Police took in $16 million and Ontario's Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services was compensated a whopping $100 million.

The final security bill appears to be about $676 million.

Other spending includes art that was rented and insured for $30,000, tablecloths for $12,131, and $32, 762 for "foot powder and Gatorade."

32 THOUSAND FOR GATORADE and FOOT POWDER?

COME on HOW STUPID DO THEY THINK WE ARE? OH wait they got away with it!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
ps: This could have been a test project to see how Martial Law could work in todays culture and how easy or difficult it would have been to control the public, be it all the dignitaries were there, who could afford to purchase such a business concept. Being treated beyond royalty, watching one hell of a business meeting put on by whomever is willing to sell Martial law to the world. If this were the case. Knowing how friendly and non argumentative Canadians seem to be, it would have been the perfect place to pull off one of the most perfect business ventures in history with such a perfect outcome through this certain "companies" performance rating, to which if I were the one, sitting down being treated like royalty and watching such a powerful control of 8 million civilians in such a limited space (breathe), I would have bought in.

Coulda?
woulda?
shoulda?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The toronto police, and other LEOs who participated in the G20 were at their arrogant best.
The demonstrators tried to rn a peaceful protest and demonstration.
The cops had other ideas, and sent in agents provocateurs to burn police vehicles, smash windows, set fires in garbage cans etc...In an effort to turn the crowd into a mob that they could then deal with as violently as they wished.as well as putting the demonstrators whose peaceful aims were thwarted by the police,in between the provocateurs and the police lines,where they were herded, beaten, arrested, and assaulted with whatever manner of riot gear the cops brought.
Reporters were beaten, cripples pulled from wheelchairs girls and women roughed up and bleeding by frenzied police officers in full battle array.
It was an example of the kind of phoney manufactured scenes that are prevalent on the msm news,being cooked up for their propaganda or shock value....
What the elite saw was the thin blue line between them, and the rabble they so disdain.
What the people saw was the end of a night stick, or mace in their faces.administered by cowardly bullies, who would be running scared if it werent for the guns and clubs,the harleys and the water cannon,the tear gas and the mace and the overwhelming force of hundreds eager beaters in black urban swat gear.
The summit was a prefect example of just how much our goverment respects the wishes of its soveriegn people.
There is not much time left to take a stand.....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

Respectfully, for being a innocent bystader you seem to be privy to intimate details of Law Enforcement actions, including mindset, operations, deployment of Oficers etc.

The costs incurred for security is normal, since the location rotates through the members. All Canada has to do is decline to host, problem solved.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

RIGHTS FREEDOMS CIVIL LIBERTIES here in Canada.
i`m sorry but those things just don`t exist here in the great white north.these are just a bunch of words that our illustrious government told us were ours.
. a whole section of Toronto was cordoned off in chain link fencing to keep the people out , police in riot gear with their name tags removed to hide who they were -against police policy or so they tell us.
yes some protesters were way out of line but the majority of them were not.protesters beat down dragged into cages under armed guard with no phone call no access to lawyers and the list goes on.
AND NOT 1 PROTESTER WAS CHARGED AND YET THE BOYS IN BLUE STILL HAVE A HIT KIST OF THOSE WHOM THEY SAY GOT AWAY.
and what really went on behind those closed doors -even the news was not allowed in ,SECRETS OR CONSPIRACY. To find new ways to beat the masses down or any who dare to say NO to them .or is it just a way for the world leaders and money lenders to get together and come up with more ways to make us the people continue to pay for their gross mismanagement of or tax dollars and they the banks giving out bad loans and sticking us with the bill while they still collect their outrageous salaries and bonuses.
this is not a free society as you all believe it is a police state where they rule supreme like gods unto their own selves .we have lost control of the governments ,police , military,banks and the rest of them as we pay their wages and they seem to be hell bent on riding us all into the dirt .

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It was not that bad, just vandals hijacked peaceful protests. I think the police did a very good job maintaning their cool and dealing with the people, we however were a bit more unfriendly.

But I do not believe they will ever host G8/G20 in a Canadian metropol anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by misfitofscience

Respectfully, for being a innocent bystader you seem to be privy to intimate details of Law Enforcement actions, including mindset, operations, deployment of Oficers etc.

The costs incurred for security is normal, since the location rotates through the members. All Canada has to do is decline to host, problem solved.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

All Canadians know law-enforcement intimately.

And no, we didn't have a say in it, it was all Harper's game hence the mass demonstrations held during the summit.

As for this thread... I had an interesting discussion with some compatriots the other night and we ended up talking about the G20 protests since we all have studied it. Anyone remember the Black Bloc? They're about 200 guys wearing black uniforms, face-masks, and like all police provocateurs in Canadian riots, RCMP standard issue boots.

I remember watching media coverage where they claimed the BB flew in just to riot at the protest (never even heard of them before). The BB also conducted and incited most of the rioting that gave the RCMP an excuse to cut off blocks of protesters and mass-arrest them all. I also noted how the BB seemed extremely organized and really only seemed to attack police cruisers and some select buildings.

It is no secret that the RCMP deploys provocateurs in protests in order to incite riots. Three of them were ousted by protesters in a Quebec riot a few years back, and coincidently, they were wearing masks and police-issue boots.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
That source sucks.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have to assume that you people in Canada have right to assemble peacefully?
But it doesnt surprise me about the cops instigating the riots....I wonder if they used the LRAD system like the American police use on us? It certainly suggests that this is getting out of hand!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

as to that little ruckus in Quebec a few years ago,here is a little bit of lost info for you. there are actual pictures from a news crew that caught 1 MAN BEING ARRESTED AND THROWN INTO A PADDY WAGON ALL ALONE ,2 TO 3 MINUTES LATER HE WALKED OUT THE BACK DOOR IN FULL RIOT GEAR.
after he started the damn riot and he was never charged yet all others were .
police caught breaking the law just so that they have a reason to bust open and arrest a lot of people all with the grace of our governments . and we dare to call this a free nation,POLICE STATE IS THE TRUTH.
up here we have the siu who are supposed to police our police -funny thing though all of its members are police or former police so where is the justice in this .police policing police ,that is as insane as our government policing them selves considering we have 1 man up here to do this monumental task ,and he is forbidden by the government to check out 50 to 60% of the government and all of its workings.CONSPIRACY or gross mismanagement of our tax dollars -both, and yet our great prime minister has promised us more openness and yet at the same time we hear less and less .
and this is taking place in all of the so called free nations -g 8 g20 and whatever sounds like a massive cover up and gross waste of our tax dollars .
1 last thought for every one -what really came out of this so called meeting.
as nothing has been reported in any paper that i know of here in Ontario.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

talk about sensationalizing the story. Only info wars

I WAS IN TORONTO DURING THE G20 SUMMIT. I saw obamas big ass AF1 plane land at pearson airport.

what REALLY happened is.... a single person was arrested WITHIN THE RESTRICTED AREA. Besides that, there were some "questionable" searches done, and some minor apprehensions.... The same crap that happens any other day in toronto

alex jones.... you make me laugh

new topics

top topics

join