It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt uncovers Israel 'spy ring' -- Planned to kidnap tourists to hurt Egyptian economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is being reported by Israel's own newspapers, so it adds a bit of credibility.

www.ynetnews.com...

Egypt has uncovered a spy ring that included two Israelis and an Egyptian businessman helping them recruit operatives working for telecoms companies, according to a government official and state security documents.
...continued...
Earlier an Egyptian security official said four locals were arrested on suspicion of spying for Israel and plotting to kidnap of tourists to harm Egypt's economy.

Apparently some Egyptians were arrested for working for Israelis in order infiltrate telecommunications companies and other areas, then to plan to abduct tourists and hold them for a while, then release them.. ...All as a plan to kill Egyptian tourist economy.

Stay classy, Israel.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
Apparently some Egyptians were arrested for working for Israelis in order infiltrate telecommunications companies and other areas, then to plan to abduct tourists and hold them for a while, then release them.. ...All as a plan to kill Egyptian tourist economy.

Stay classy, Israel.

I see you use the guilty before proven innocent plan. That's classy in itself.

I find this highly unlikely. Israel has ZERO reason to harm the Egyptian economy and EVERY reason to promote it. Further, their militaries talk to each other every day to inform each other of the daily activities along the border areas. An extremely large percentage of Egyptian tourists also travel to Jordan and Israel. These 'into the promised land" tours follow the route of Moses from Egypt, through the Sinai Desert, into Jordan to places like Petra and Mt. Moab (where Moses looked down over the Promised Land) and then into Israel itself. Neither the Israelis, nor the more intelligent Palestinians, i.e. all of them except those in Gaza, want ANY disruption of tourism. As one Palestinian in Bethlehem told me personally last month, "We don't want any kind of disruption because if that happens, we all lose our jobs." Yes, he spoke perfect English. Most anyone in that area does.

And another thing. If you travel in Egypt with a tour, you are accompanied by an armed guard who accompanies you everywhere, even to the restroom. There are pillboxes with M-16s sticking out of them everywhere along with Hummers with machine guns mounted on top. There is a tremendous amount of firepower concentrated at every tourist attraction, hotel, or route. If someone were to try to kidnap a few tourists for a few hours, then let them go, which this article maintains, there is a very good chance they would wind up dead. I was there a few weeks ago and saw this entire scenario with my own eyes.

So I'd hold fire here until the entire story comes out.
edit on 12/20/2010 by schuyler because: spelling, as usual

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Will the israelis also steal the kidnapped victims body organs. Thats the usual thing with our nice jewish friends. No doubt ship them to the USA and sell them in a local sinagog. As well as doing money laundering from the pulpit.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Of course, you did not even mention the article the op is talking about. If they did uncover an Israeli spy ring then they were up to something, don't you think?
I personally believe that all gov'ts do this kind of thing to further their agendas.
Nice find op. Something for the hardcore Israeli-ite's to argue and dispute, when they obviously got caught.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I congratulate them (israel) for another fine bit of attempted sabotage. It's a brilliant and evil plan. It works like that in the market as well. No matter that you and droves of fellow sheep were roped in to buying a stock in a company, one said to be supremely undervalued on all the zionist finance shows, there is nothing to prevent that money from being drained the very next day as the 'next big thing' is announced, and the investors all flock to the new thing...seen it 305 times each year. The money has to come from somewhere, and it usually is from those who just invested in a new stock. By the time you, joe blow, hear about it, this only means that the peak has been reached and they need some extra margin before shorting. If Egypt's tourism competes with israel's free aids™ test at the border, for entering, then damaging local economies does work in israel's favor. If things get messy, well some jew somewhere gets a new kidney. Add another parcel of land on the world stage that 'persecutes' jews.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Didn't they also think Mossad was behind a shark attack last week?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Seems like you're connecting two stories- One is this:

www.ynetnews.com...

A year later, the Egyptian newspaper said, he approached the Mossad via email and said he was interested in working for the Israeli intelligence agency.

[...]

The report claims Hassan later travelled to Syria on a number of occasions to evaluate the security situation there and relay his findings to the handlers. Hassan was also tasked with helping Mossad recruit agents in Syria and Lebanon.

In which Egypt claims Israel used one of its citizens to spy on Syria and Lebanon, which is not a big deal in itself..

And then the other story is four Egyptians who are said to have been planning on kidnapping tourists for Israel, which is serious.

But what proof have they got? If this is true this will surely evolve into something much bigger, we'll just have to see.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Didn't they also think Mossad was behind a shark attack last week?

I didn't read that thread. I will state that that is certainly possible given today's technology. It was possible 40+ years ago or more using implants. Today it's all wireless. Don't believe me? I don't particularly care. And yes, that is something that israel would stoop to, in my opinion. Remember, there's no heaven, no hell, no judgment. All you get is all that you can take here on earth. It would have the mossad grinning ear to ear in between throat slashings and other sanctions.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just a thought: Could it be that these reports who are suddenly coming out- The Mossad shark, the kidnapping spy ring (which have been in custody since may according to the OP), and now this guy, who wasn't even spying on Egypt, are all just attempts to divert public attention from the rigged Egyptian elections in which the Muslim brothers got only 1 seat after 88 in the last elections?

I mean why not? The guys who were planning on kidnapping tourists have been in custody since may, why bring it up again now?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

You might be right.. That's what they do.

But I think it's more reasonable that they're planning on kidnapping people to hurt Egyptian economy (which already happens anyway) than spending tons of money on training sharks...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
when Israel kidnaps people it's called spy ring.
when anybody else does it, they're considered a terrorist cell.
hmmmmm

edit on 12/20/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

LOL for once I agree with you 100%, boon.

But its only terrorism if your Muslim. Didn't you know that only Muslims are terrorists?

top topics

join