It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Collaps/Imprisonment/What will you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So lets say next year, that the USA collapses due to financial duress! Cities fall to bankruptcies, pensions dry up, government support is non-existent. That means no health services, no welfare, no unemployment. This also means the dollar is worthless. You have your small stockpile of water, food, weapons, and gold/silver. The banks have shut down and you money is GONE! I know kinda bleak, sorry but hear me out! All services are to expensive for anyone to afford. This means power, water, gas, food, everything.
Of course the first thing everyone will do is get pissed at the government and corporations. A lot of bloodshed will follow. People will take matters into their own hands in less than a few months, when they realize that no help is coming, even though they will promise it out of their anuses. Once bloodshed starts to happen and the government feels it's out of their hands, they will implement martial law on it's citizens.
Anyone not subservient to them will be imprisoned. Anyone not following curfew, or there order will be imprisoned. They will look for ANY reason to imprison you! This includes having stores of food/water/guns/gold or silver. This is because they will simply ask everyone to help out the country by SHARING! Since you didn't SHARE, you will be imprisoned! So having a stockpile will be pointless, because if you don't show up and line up for your handout like everyone else, you will be suspected of having a stockpile you are not sharing. This will also make you a terrorist or enemy of the state!
They will then begin to hand out ID cards or chips with the NEW monetary system. If you don't have one you get NOTHING! So even if you do have stockpiles, and do escape imprisonment, and stand inline, and be subservient to them. You will not be able to last! Sooner or later you will accept their ways or you will just be imprisoned and then disposed of.
If that's not enough, your own friends, and neighbors, and kids will turn YOU in. That's in order to receive a reward for their services to the government. They will spy on you, locate you, and watch you 24-7. This will happen because they are hungry, for food, water, power, safety, and security. They will turn you in because for everyone they turn in, they will be looked at as not a threat. You may even turn someone in who is like minded, just so they stay off of your radar!
That is how it all may happen! Now they have all of the power, money, and control. They only give out what will be considered minimal, or just enough for you to survive. You won't be able to stockpile anything once they take everything! Even though they themselves could supply the world 100,000 times over, they will only give out the bare minimum to you. You may ask yourself, why would they do this? They will laugh and say, Why not?
They have already bankrupted the country! They have already, burned your Amendments! They have already made you Afraid to protest anything! They have already, poisoned your foods and water supplies! They are attacking your freedoms on the internet right now! They have made you pay tax upon tax upon tax, and are Taxing you illegally on your personal income! They will not listen to you! They do not care about you! They shut down anything that is a threat to them! They DE-FAME or imprison people who threaten them (eg. wikileaks)! They invade your schools with Lies! (eg. fake history) They invade your home with Lies! (eg. TV) They disclose nothing! (eg. war, govn't bills)

So really, REALLY, what are you and your little stockpile gonna do? I look forward to your answers on this!

Please don't try and derail this post with your garbage like "I want examples, or where are your facts or links" Get your own facts and links, I'm not here to force feed you the truth, I'm just here to ask a question! I think most people will just go about their daily lives until it all happens anyways! The only alternative is to stand up right now, grab your guns, grab your neighbors, and then head to you city hall or government buildings and burn those Frickers the hell out of there! Tell them all, "YOUR not gonna take this crap anymore!" Then go down to the fricken white house and turn that biotch BLACK! Then turn to all the banks and BURN them down as well! It's not gonna happen though! Because you people will just talk and talk and talk and talk about bullshyt that doesn't matter to anyone!

Why do I know this? Because I'm the same way!
and I'm sorry!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Set up in the country and get some chickens and maybe a swimming pool full of fish. You'll be ok.

When Bernanke and Liebermann mysteriously dissapear out the country, you'll know something is about to happen. lol
edit on 20-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Please! My little stockpile is only to get me through until I have everything else setup. Since when did we all become so useless? Can a man not provide for his family anymore the good old fashioned way? What happened to going hunting and putting a meal on the table to feed your family? I am sorry, but I am not going to lay down just because joe blow jackoff told me too and he has a gun! Guess what so do I and a lot of others just like me!

If you cannot hunt, fish, collect fire wood, and a whole lot of other survival trades you will be waiting in line for your scraps. People like me on the other hand that know how to hunt, snare, fish, and all the other things will be just fine!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Who do you plan on enforcing this and how many are there? One million, two million? Even if it's 20 million, that still leaves over 280 million to revolt. 14 to 1, I'll take those odds. Realistically, I think you'd see small farming type communities sprout up, with a return to a simpler way of life. Who knows, values and morals could possibly return to the country...lord help us if that happened...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

When your neighbor reports you for having a fish stockpile and they come and arrest you and imprison you.......Then what?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

LOL I know how to hunt, fish, and go and take what I want to survive for me and mine! I also have many friends and family that are the same way! We have our own farm, we have our own seeds, we have more than enough weapons! Me and mine will be the ones they are targeting. People in cities have nothing but little stockpiles, and no land! These people will be the first to fall and be converted over. Then these people and the government will come for You and me! Why, because we have it and they don't, that's why! You and I will hold out longer than the rest, but once they come for us and our stockpiles, sadly we will also flock to the cities to get hand outs or we will just be imprisoned for fighting back! What will you do when 5000 troops with more than enough firepower come knocking on your front door?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
reply to post by mayabong

When your neighbor reports you for having a fish stockpile and they come and arrest you and imprison you.......Then what?

Such a breakdown in society as you envision means that localized reporting such as you envision is not possible.

I'd like to see the stormtroopers try their luck here in central florida - they will have far bigger fish to fry in the cities of the North East.

And we are all armed well.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

I throw them to the fishies!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

u also seem to be forgetting,
with a crashed system
those folks enforcing those
illegal stupid laws will no
longer be receiving a paycheck.
Money is worthless by this point.
Now why in the heck would 20 Million
risk their lives working for nothing.
I have to say, if the system falls,
so will the enforcement of those
laws. It will be survival of the fittest
and smartest. Folks will join like
minded communities like religious
sects or communes. Faith based
organizations will set up their own
power structure and laws basically
like the Mormons and Amish have done.
Then when the PTB tries to come in
and take over again, these small
communities will unite together
to fight them. The communities
will be far stronger as they are fighting
for survival. Then we will have our
Revolution.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

The people in the cities who have nothing and no land and no ways of acquiring food/clothing/water/shelter/everything, will gladly sign up to military service for handouts. These are the people who will be coming for you and me! You see, it will not just be the military, it will be everyone who is left with nothing. It'll be like a zombie invasion, happening just as fast, only these zombies will be smart and well armed and in full military force! They will be converting the poor, into an army, and they will be coming for EVERYTHING! These poor will join the military just to survive and supply for their families! They will use your own people against you! You will be fighting your brothers and sisters, and neighbors!

Think NAZI Germany and you will only see the tip of what is to come!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Water first. Food next. Those are the primary survival rules, oh and avoid fire-fights with superior numbers . That is just Hollywood crap. You take on superior numbers, you generally die.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

HA! The Military people will still be receiving food/clothing/shelter/security! They will already be on the new system! Like I said, the first to fall will be the cities! They will join the military and help them to take everything because they will have nothing otherwise! Join the military or starve to death. These little sects or towns you say will join together to fight! BAAAA They can't even join together now to fight! If they could they would have already!
When people are hungry and scared and looking for hope, the government will be there with open arms. The only thing that will be on the tv and radio will be campaigns and advertisements to join the military, they will protect you and feed you shelter you and cloth you. All in the name of joint unity or some such garbage! And people will fall for it, and join, and serve, and come to your door and MAKE YOU comply as well. One at a time you will fall! Until there is only them! Then they will win. You will try to buy food and such, or seeds, or ammo, or anything, and they will say NO! You must accept their card or chip! Then everything will be fine! And when you say NO, they will hunt you, and kill you, or imprison you! Then they will come for your family and friends and Neighbors! And they will take them out one by one until their is no one left to fight! Then they win! And you are a slave!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Water first. Food next. Those are the primary survival rules, oh and avoid fire-fights with superior numbers . That is just Hollywood crap. You take on superior numbers, you generally die.

Your not getting it! You WILL lose no matter what you do after this starts going down! You could have all the food and water and guns and friends to help you that you want! You could be set up in a fricken mountain cave with 5000 of your closest friends with all the same type of mentality! Once they find you and you pose a threat to them, they will just drop bombs on you all until you are all dead! If they find you to be unsupportive to their ways and to much of a threat then why would they waist time with you! You wouldn't even see it coming!
The only way to fight them is to start fighting NOW! Otherwise, your ways are done!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Sorry man but your logic is seriously flawed! Do you not remember what happened when this went down in the USSR? What did their troops do? They split the F*** out is what they did! They decided there wasn't enough potatoes and vodka to keep them risking their lives. What the other troops did was exploit the hell out of the power void and sell off massive amounts of rusky military tech and arms. Do you think this same thing wouldn't happen here? I am sorry but if you think these soldiers wouldn't smell blood in the water you are crazy!

Oh and I found a very good word and definition that describes your general attitude towards your ability to survive.

Defeatism is acceptance of defeat without struggle. In everyday use, defeatism has negative connotation and is often linked to treason and pessimism, or even a hopeless situation such as a Catch-22. The term is commonly used in the context of war: a soldier can be a defeatist if he or she refuses to fight because he or she thinks that the fight will be lost for sure or that it is not worth fighting for some other reason. Again in connection with war, the term is used to refer to the view that defeat would be better than victory.

edit on 12/20/2010 by SpaDe_ because: to add more

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ha! No one wants to read a page long question! I should have just made it a two liner, that way people would read it and understand that the time to fight back is now!

New question!

Are you gonna sit there and watch them tear us apart piece by piece? Or are you gonna fight back NOW! and if so......What are you gonna do about it?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
reply to post by peter_kandra

The people in the cities who have nothing and no land and no ways of acquiring food/clothing/water/shelter/everything, will gladly sign up to military service for handouts. These are the people who will be coming for you and me! You see, it will not just be the military, it will be everyone who is left with nothing. It'll be like a zombie invasion, happening just as fast, only these zombies will be smart and well armed and in full military force! They will be converting the poor, into an army, and they will be coming for EVERYTHING! These poor will join the military just to survive and supply for their families! They will use your own people against you! You will be fighting your brothers and sisters, and neighbors!

Think NAZI Germany and you will only see the tip of what is to come!

Damn...you're right. I guess I'll just have to open my bar in the Caribbean ahead of schedule (I can't tell you which island due to fear that you would come and try and take my food and beer)!

Playing devils advocate, what happens when this new military-industrial complex takes all the available resources through force? What does the agenda become then when there is nothing left to conquer or anyone to subdue?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It is a fast paced world we are in so just take things one step at a time. It helps to understand the situation and just what is really going on www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keeping yourself safe, learn and talk about the issues. We are all in this together so it is important that we all come out of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Dude relax,wont happen. The military is made up of brothers,children,fathers,sisters and mothers of this land, from our homes. They will not let things get that far out of hand. Dont say Katrina because that was over as fast as it started,it wouldnt have happened anywhere away from that storm for long. I'm confident in my assesment, I hang with these guys on their downtime,I got cousins,uncles serving now and vets/vfw in the family,they'd never let it happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

While I applaude your anger and your zeal at our current predicturament. I think that it can be useful to have a stock pile if you live in the country or a way form the city. Because like you said your stockpile can be taken with door to door house checks. If you live away from the city that will be harder to accomplish.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The only answer the OP seems to accept is "there is nothing you can do! You're all gonna burn!" I'm not sure why he's saying the time to fight is now, he ended his OP with the admission that he's just everyone else, gonna sit back and not do anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join