It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's midsummer hit by snowfall!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just read that Australia's midsummer hit by snowfall , That is a very strange weather pattern i presume?
Also here in The Netherlands we have a lot of snow early this year? And last year we also had lots of snow?

Can it be for real that either the ice age is coming or that the poles are starting to shift? also the summers here in
The Netherlands start in April this year very strange if you tell me?

Australia Wintry weather brings snow to Australia in midsummer Australia normally experiences temperatures of 86F (30C) at this time of year, but the chances of a rare white Christmas have increased after plunging temperatures and snow swept across the east of the country.

The Telegraph

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Take a look at the link, and also look up HAARP,

vimeo.com...

I believe it's partly about convincing us there is Climate Change, It's been discussed on here that most of our known planets are warming too due to the next stage in the cycle,

But there may be other motives, they are spraying Aluminium! Mosanto now sell Aluminium resistant seeds ???

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Haha oh dear.
Australia has at least one day during December that snows. It's been happening for a long time yet every time it happens everyone says "OMG THIS IS WEIRD IT NEVER HAPPENS!"

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Haha oh dear.
Australia has at least one day during December that snows. It's been happening for a long time yet every time it happens everyone says "OMG THIS IS WEIRD IT NEVER HAPPENS!"

lol yeah seems the media gives the world viewer that massage, That its something that rarely occurs, so you are saying this happens occasionally in this time of year?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Haha oh dear.

lol yeah seems the media gives the world viewer that massage, That its something that rarely occurs, so you are saying this happens occasionally in this time of year?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kushin

thnx,will do!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Haha oh dear.

Really ???

Living here, it seems strange that I've never heard of such a "regular" occurrence happening each December ... especially if it's as common as you say.

Any chance you could back this up with some links, statistics, news reports or any other evidence, etc ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

No man, how about you find me proof of it not happening before. Why should the onus of proof be on me?
I've seen it with my own eyes, too. Not sure if you noticed or not but I'm also from Australia.
edit on 20/12/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

What?? I've heard of it often..
I remember one christmas day 40 odd years ago, sending my dad into the backyard to collect hailstones the size of golfballs..

I think he still has the lumps on his head..

And it has snowed on xmas day many times....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yep sure has snowed on x-mas day many times. I can remember when I was a child seeing it too so it isn't exactly a new thing.

My dad predicted a month ago that it would snow in December this year and that everyone will freak out and say "OMG IT NEVER SNOWS IN DECEMBER!".

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

No man, how about you find me proof of it not happening before. Why should the onus of proof be on me?
I've seen it with my own eyes, too. Not sure if you noticed or not but I'm also from Australia.
edit on 20/12/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

I've no intention of getting into a slanging match with you ... the topic doesn't warrant it so we'll leave it at that.

Anyway, I only asked because I've NEVER heard of such a regular occurrence as snow fall EVERY december and I've lived in Oz for 40+ years ... so from my point of view that is a highly unusual claim being made by you and therefore the onus would also be on YOU to substantiate such a claim with factual evidence.
Just like if I had claimed to have seen an alien ship land in my backyard once each december, then the burden of proof would certainly be on ME.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Its definatly strange, i live in Melbourne and i can tell you the past 3-4 days i a row has been freezing cold, averaging about 15'C, i mean come on it's now summer here and i have had the heater on for 3 days ( not continously ) so yeah considering it should be about 25-30'c its unusual.

There has also been a very high amount of rainfall which is good as for the past 10 years we have been in the middle of a drought.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It doesnt happen every single year but it does happen from time to time. Also Buller and Hotham being at such a high elevation means that snow can occur at anytime of year if the conditions are cold enough.

In 2006 snow fell on the Dandenong ranges on xmas day but that doesnt happen very often at all.

Although current forecasts have xmas day and a beautiful 28'c

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

True it should be hotter, but keep in mind the average temp for Victoria during December is 24 degrees.
It was hot a week or two ago though. The thing with melbourne is that it doesn't follow seasons.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Well I don't live there but

Doesn't seem that uncommon to me
edit on 20-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

So if I can say , you guys there in Australia notice the difference in the weather patterns the same as we do over here?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kushin

Take a look at the link, and also look up HAARP,

Right....

I dont know anyhthing about meteorology so I'll just assume its HAARP or chemtrails....

Have any of you people confused about this actually researched La Nina?

Why do I even bother coming to these threads.....im done

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Best to disregard MSM weather reports. Also we are 21 days only into summer of 90 days.
But thanks for your thread.
Regards robbo.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Robbo2006 because: r replaced t

top topics

join