It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT: Vitamin D Kills The Flu Virus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Basically, the sun keeps us healthy.

Wait, the chemtrails keep it covered up now. Oh well, I'll just go get a flu shot.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A few things....

Apple seeds contain arsenic and are not meant to be eaten! I am sure eating one or two won't hurt but don't take the advice of the poster that said to eat apple seeds and go eat a hundred of them. That would be bad!

The poster that said that calcium and magnesium help you absorb vit D is correct and just to elaborate on that they are all vital for the human composition and each help the other with absorption. It is quite difficult to be magnesium deficient but Epsom baths are an excellent way to absorb magnesium to help absorb your calcium and vit D and feel awesome in the winter when you may be cold and achy. Adding lavendar oil to the bath is superb!

Vit D is a water sluble vitamin so your body will flush away what you do not use. Fat soluble vitamins like A and K should not be taken as a supplement unless you know you are deficient as they will store in your body.

Although I take many vitamins and supplements regularly, I rotate different ones to give my body a break. It does well to remember that your body absorbs these vitamins from food and uses them accordeingly, then flushes the rest. If your body gets too used to the added synthetic vitamins it will not be so willing to absorb them from food for itself. You have to let your body do the work sometimes! Vit D in the winter time is an exception to this rule.

Another greta supplement I have discovered just recently is ELDERBERRY extract. It has been approved by viroligists to help combat viruses. It is abundant growing wild in the uk and tastes quite good. The Berries are much better than the supplements because they etain all the plant phenols.

Lastly, if you have been sick or had surgery or have taken alot of medication (like antibiotics or painkillers) for an acute condition you must go on a full vitamin regimen, including C, D, calcium, Magnesium and all the B's. Your body keeps a store of vitamins for just this type of occassion and will completely deplete them. You have to give your system a real boost after such an incident and help it along.

P>S. The previous poster that said you should stock up is 100% correct. They do want to take them away from us. Everyone is catching on and BigPharma is not happy. They are usually Buy1Get1Free at my local pharmacy. Buy one to use and put the other away. When you have to restock, put the two new ones away and use the old ones. So on and so forth...

Stay Happy and Well All!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I take vitamin D on a regular basis. I have not been sick in years.I'm glad these studies have come out and people can see that you don't have to have a vaccine to not get the flu.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
While large amounts of vit-d are synthesized rather quickly in the sun, it stays on the skin for up to 48 hours. This means, we usually wipe the majority of it off bathing/showering.

I find that statement hard to believe. Can you cite a source to back up your claim that Vitamin D washes off the skin, please?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Itop1
its D3 (Cholecalciferol) that humans need,
Kind regards.

Glad to hear that, i just got myself these ones,

Like i said, worth a try to stop me feeling like this. Incidentally, it's been two hours since i had 2000iu, and i'm feeling pretty good at the moment. Still loaded with all the rubbish that comes with this, but better in myself and able to do a few things around the house.

Put it this way, a major improvement on this morning,

Is it the D3? Who knows, but i'm not knocking it quite yet.

CX.
edit on 17/1/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

Yes
D2 differs radically from vitamin D3 in its physiologic activity. Once in the human body, vitamin D2 is inactivated in the normal metabolic pathway that converts vitamin D3 to an active precursor form of the vitamin, in other words D2 is a lot less effective in humans and has a much higher toxicity, D3 is what all the hype is about and the way to go, people should not get D2 and D3 confused, which i think some are.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i think getting vitamin D naturally from the sun is the best way...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by punctual

In the UK we are unable to get vitamin D3 from the sun most of the time, a lot of parts of the UK receive very little sun and the sun has to be atleast a UV index of 3 rating for there to be D3, and usually when its really hot people wear sun cream which blocks the D3 which you need

for instance, the whole of the UK throughout winter is UV0 to UV1, and only very southern parts of the US has UV rating of 3, it easy to say just go out in the sun but you need to understand what the process involves for humans to acctually get D3 from the sun, thats why taking suplaments is the best way to make sure your allways getting a decent amount of D3.

research has found about 85% americans are D3 deficient during winter months and even during summer, a lot of people still do not receive the amount they need due to our ever evolving lifestyles of driving, staying in doors, wearing sun cream.... etc

Take a look at this link: www.metoffice.gov.uk...

Keep in mind, for D3 to accour, the UV index has to be at least 3.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thanks Spiro, I've a big tub of cod liver oil capsules now. I had bought just a bottle of oil, but after my first dose i thought I might give the capsules a go!

How's the kefir going?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me how much D3 I can give my 15 year old daughter as a supplement? (Or if I should?) She rarely goes out in the sun (she rarely comes out of her bedroom!
) and in the UK we don't get a huge amount of sun at the best of times.

The kids at her school are dropping like flies with flu bugs and having read about it online and here at ATS I think it would be beneficial.
I've just bought some 5000iu for me and my husband but that's too much for a child I would think?!
I've tried finding info online but can't seem to get a definitive answer for a teenager.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Yep...the science has been done...
...Vitamin D is about 8 times more effective than flu vaccine.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join