It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT: Vitamin D Kills The Flu Virus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I use vitamin D, I get it from my chiropractor in 10,000 i.u. pills. They also have drops that are 4000 i.u each so my youngest can get her D without swallowing a pill.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Thats funny because i almost never got sick and if i did it was 1 day no matter what. Went to the Dr. for my physical (1st one in many many years) found out my vitamin D was danger low so she put me on 50,000 IU's a week for 10 weeks and i now take 1200 IU's a day.

I got sick on Saturday its now Wednesday and i am feeling great in the mid-day and night but when i wake up im still a little sick. This is the longest i have been sick in over 25 years.

So maybe it is just a placebo effect?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here's more nasty news on the dreaded Swine flu vaccine

Grandmother dies from swine flu soon after receiving swine flu vaccine

A 68-year-old UK grandmother named Eleanor Carruthers has died from the swine flu. Importantly, she was given the swine flu vaccine shot several months ago and was told the shot would offer her absolute protection from the flu.

www.naturalnews.com...

What Carole was not told, of course, is that she was lied to about the flu vaccine. Flu vaccines are not 100% effective at protecting people from the flu. They're not even 50% effective. In fact, a critical analysis of available data reveals that the flu vaccine is effective in only 1 out of 100 people.

Yep the poisonous vaccines are for Depopulation and not for curing!!

Meanwhile, the real solution for flu protection -- nutrition -- is entirely dismissed by health authorities. They refuse to tell people that vitamin D offers highly effective protection against the flu, especially when strengthened by other immune-boosting nutrients such as zinc

I take Vitamin D and Zinc daily and I've not had Flu for years. My doctor recently and last year said I was in the high risk group and I should take the vaccine. I have mild Asthma. Probably caused by Vaccines I received when I was a kid. So of course I told him in no uncertain terms to take a hike!

There's no way in hell I'm taking that sh*t!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jehova620
Get an apple, cut the pips out and throw the rest away.

Eat said pips, natural VitD. You can actually taste it, similar to apricot kernals.

Havnt had even a sniffle this year.

Yay forVitD

The funny, almondy taste in apple pips is actually cyanide. I've been eating them for years, just in case anyone wants to bump me off with the stuff

As for Vit D, I am going to have to look into this. If it can stop me getting flu, all the better!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Orange juice every time I get sick. Sore throat? I gargle it a little bit before I swallow.
Also, docs advise to take all our antibiotics and not to take them all the time so you don't become resistant to them. That doesn't make much sense to me? It's the virus that would become resistant right? So taking antibiotics when you start to get sick shouldn't hurt, if the virus is resistant it shouldn't work when the doctor prescribes them. When I'm feeling sick I can take an amoxicillan and it usually works.. only that kind though.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I've got a liquid version. One drop contains 11.5 µg. How much should I take? I just got the flu... The package says that one drop is enough, but is it?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I too, have recently discovered the benefits of Vitamin D (specifically Vitamin D3).

For those wondering how much is enough...
Dr. Cannell in the Feb. 2008 issue of Virology Journal, found 2000 IU daily, to be effective.

More information on Vitamin D & the Flu, can be found in this article:
Considering the Seasons

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

If you read the article linked from Unknown Origin's post, it says that in India and Canada, doctors give injections once a year of 600,000IU..

That's a lot more than the 5,000 40,000 IU we're talking about here.

I'd say there's not a lot of chance OD'ing on Vit D if they routinely give people 600,000 IU doses.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Orange juice every time I get sick. Sore throat? I gargle it a little bit before I swallow.
Also, docs advise to take all our antibiotics and not to take them all the time so you don't become resistant to them. That doesn't make much sense to me? It's the virus that would become resistant right? So taking antibiotics when you start to get sick shouldn't hurt, if the virus is resistant it shouldn't work when the doctor prescribes them. When I'm feeling sick I can take an amoxicillan and it usually works.. only that kind though.

I see what you're saying, but what they mean when they say bacteria are becoming resistant to antibiotics, is that people become infected with a bacterium, take antibiotics to get rid of it, feel better and stop taking the antibiotics...that's where the problem starts. The patient feels better, but is not always actually better. The bacteria is still there, and now that it has had a 'taste' of the antibiotics, the surviving bacteria lurking deep inside your body can start changing themselves to defeat the antibiotics (mutate) So next time someone catches that strain, the same antibiotics may not kill off the infection, which now has developed some resistance to them by mutating.

So 'you' don't become resistant to the antibiotics, the bacteria infecting you does.

Note though, that antibiotics do *nothing* to combat the flu, a cold or indeed *any* other virus or viral infection. Antibiotics are only effective against *bacterial infections* and not *viral infections*.

They will help however, with any potential secondary bacterial infections that take advantage of your weakened body due to the action of the viral infection.

edit on 15/1/2011 by spikey because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyLiner

Very good point about vitamin D3. Other forms may not be as easily digested or used by the body, may be ineffective. Vitamin D3 will also help with calcium metabolism, good for the bones and teeth. Research is looking into the usefullness of Vit D3 in cancer prevention and treatment. At this time I don't have any links but it is easily googled.

The very best Vit D3 is that manufactured by a person's own body, in the presence of sunlight. My sister was told by her doctor to take Vit D3, plus to spend 15 minutes outdoors with bare arms daily. She had very low levels.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I always take Vit D3. I woke up with the flu a few nights ago, took 10,000 IU and I improved in a few days. I gave my mom some last night too.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Depends on your heredity too. I wasnt improving.. when you get older you get tested for D and I was severely low.. so we started injections. No better. I bought a tanning bed and use it in conjunction with the D.. worked like a charm. Im native american.. blackfeet.. spent most of my life in the sun but you get older and lifestyle changes. I spend most of my time indoors and I slowly got ill. I dont use the bed to get tan.. trust me, Im already mistaken for a mexican or eastern indian routinely.

Kinda puts a new spin on this wonderful Obama tanning bed tax eh? My physician suggested I tan in conjunction with the D3 orally Im on now. I did well enough with the bed to stop the injections. I take 15,000 IU daily and in the winter or if Im sick I double it. Its true you need the calcium to absorb it correctly.. but I take "mega-d3" by schiff.. its a 5K iu liquid pill and supplement with the calcium in my multi.

THIS IS REALLY INTERESTING:
My middle daughter is a transplant patient and her vitamin levels are monitored closely. SHe also was low on D and is on supplementation through her transplant team. D is a HUGE factor in her illness as one flu can screw up her liver enzymes.. and she is on immuno supressant drugs. Seems that when we use the D that her immunity doesnt wake up and reject the liver, but seems to keep the bugs, flu, and sinus stuff we all have in the house away. I figure there is a LOT more to D's actions than you think at first glance. Especially when you consider that it isnt causing her immune system to attack her non-native liver.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Well I mean If you take it for a few days you are ok, but you don't have to take an entire bottle. Yeah taking them like aspirins isn't a great idea. Sometimes it isn't necessary and they definitely misrepresent the logic.
edit on 16-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Taking supplements isn't bad, but if you're already getting an adequate amount of vitamin D, it really has no effect after that, and it certainly isn't comparable by any amount to the protection a vaccine would provide. There's a reason health-care workers are required to be vaccinated.

Just throwing it out there, naturalnews.com is probably the single worst source you could ever link if you're making a claim about anything even slightly related to science.

Funny example of these pseudoscience peddlers - Gary Null injuring himself from getting too much vitamin D from his own products:

Health guru nearly killed eating own product

Ga ry Null's Ultimate Power Meal nearly killed himI

Ummm maybe because he was taking 2 million IU / day?? lol

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
People in the UK you can get your supply of D3 from here:

www.healthspan.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

www.healthspan.co.uk...

Maybe your people are genetically acclimated to the environment, but my husband and I have spent a significant amount of time in London over the yrs due to his employment and etc.. and it was very difficult for us. Your winters are killers.. NO sun and depressing to us that are used to bright sun throughout the year. Vitamin D must be a real health issue in the UK in general. WHen we got off the plane in Nebraska from London one winter.. we got off in 3 feet of snow and below 0 temps.. but the sun was shining blindingly bright. The hubby was grinning ear to ear and praising the weather.. the cab driver thought he was insane! To be honest we loved the UK.. but it was very difficult physically. We didnt come there for a few week visit.. we lived there on and off for a bit. It was VERY difficult to acclimate to your winters ... no sun, rain, gray gray gray skies.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here is a really good read for everyone...

www.elephantjournal.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by Itop1

www.healthspan.co.uk...

Maybe your people are genetically acclimated to the environment, but my husband and I have spent a significant amount of time in London over the yrs due to his employment and etc.. and it was very difficult for us. Your winters are killers.. NO sun and depressing to us that are used to bright sun throughout the year. Vitamin D must be a real health issue in the UK in general. WHen we got off the plane in Nebraska from London one winter.. we got off in 3 feet of snow and below 0 temps.. but the sun was shining blindingly bright. The hubby was grinning ear to ear and praising the weather.. the cab driver thought he was insane! To be honest we loved the UK.. but it was very difficult physically. We didnt come there for a few week visit.. we lived there on and off for a bit. It was VERY difficult to acclimate to your winters ... no sun, rain, gray gray gray skies.

Hahaha yes i totally agree with you, England is the land without sun, very depressing, i think 9/10 people must not be having anywhere near enough D3 as they should be, i think in food its only D2 which isnt as good, people need to have D3

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
And remember Vitamin D as well as other vitamins will soon be banned through Codex Alimentarius. Look it up. The Powers That Be don't want you healthy. They make money on your suffering and death!!!!!!

Take Vitamins! Buy them in bulk because soon our asshole governments will ban them!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble but this isn't true, the Codex is already active within the UK but vitamins are still widely avilable, infact ive just ordered myself 2 packs of super strength Vitamin D3

www.food.gov.uk...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've drank Vitamin D milk since 1989. Two or three 12oz cups a day.
I haven't sick with the Flu, nor any other virus, sickness since 1995... It's also good if you don't get much sunlight. Good for the winter time when you can go outside... but doesn't help cabin fever.
borrriingg.

I mix the Milk with Carnation instant... 3 a day, and you get all your nutrients.
edit on 1/16/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join