It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire Gun Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hi, I live in CT and have heard that the gun laws in NH are a little more lenient. I would like to take a ride up there to grab something (i'm not really a gun expert) for home defense / SHTF scenarios. I'm 27 years old, but look about 16, so if I walk into the gun shop and ask for an AK I am definitely getting carded. My question is, will a New Hampshire gun store sell to me with a Connecticut ID?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why don't you just call a gun store in New Hampshire and ask them? Federal gun laws still apply. I don't think you can purchase a handgun at all in a state you don't live it. I believe it needs to be sent to a dealer in your state and you would have to buy it from them in your own state. Rifles, you might be able to buy - but call and find out what you can buy and what identification, et cetera you would need to do it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
hmm..first off, reguardless of how old you are or look, you're gonna get ID'd..plus a few pages of paperwork, background check.. if your not sure of what kind of weapon you want, do some research first, there are some informative threads here on your subject in the "weapons" and maybe even the "survival" forum.. here are 2 links 1 for New Hampshire gun law, and Connecticut gun law

www.ct.gov...|

www.nh.gov...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Come down to Missouri for a weekend and hit up a gun show...

But like the other poster said just give them all call and see what they will sell you and what they would require. You could also call your local sheriffs office and see what they have to say about it. And if you are as paranoid as I am there are still a few pay phones left in the world you can use.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
NO NO NO you cant buy a gun in another state unless its from a private person. And i might add why buy a AK??? it junk, do some research before you just throw money away- I suggest ya find a gun range and go ask some questions and maybe shoot some guns before ya make a desision= rj

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
NO NO NO you cant buy a gun in another state unless its from a private person. And i might add why buy a AK??? it junk, do some research before you just throw money away- I suggest ya find a gun range and go ask some questions and maybe shoot some guns before ya make a desision= rj

The AK is not "junk" it is a top-flight weapon which has stood the test of time. Sure, the mass-rpoduced knock off junk models are not as accurate as some other weapons, but it is more reliable than any auto loading rifle that has ever been made, and throws lead just fine.

A genuine Saiga by Izhmash is a quality weapon and can shoot sub-2 MOA when chambered in ordinary 7.62x39. This is better than most people can shoot, by the way.

For $500 it beats the snot out of pretty much anything else at that price point, and it is so reliable and simple that if anything does happen to break, you can probably fix it with some tinfoil, bubblegum, and a rock.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nougat420

Can you buy a shotgun in CT? That is the best home defense weapon and ammunition is readily available. For home defense, use #4 shot so you don't accidentally whack a neighbor should you ever use the gun in your house. Shotguns will easily take small game and deer with the right ammuniton and are the best firearm for close quarters defense. Look at Mossberg for the high capacity, short barrel, weapon at a reasonable price.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Thanks, I will certainly do more homework

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It is unlawful to sell to an out of state resident. Whether it's a private sale or from a dealer.

A NH dealer would have to transfer that gun to a CT dealer who would transfer it to you.

Since AK's are illegal in CT what would happen is you'd pay the NH dealer for the AK. He'd take your money and ship it to a CT dealer of your choice. When you went to pick it up that dealer would say the gun is illegal in CT and he can't transfer it to you. The. He'd sell it off to somebody living in a free state and you'd be out $400 or whatever it cost. If the NH dealer is nice he'd stop you from wasting your money. I wouldn't. It's too funny to harass slave staters.

Move the he'll out of CT. Drop your job and your family and get the hell out and never look back.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Come live in Texas. We'll sell you whatever you want and even teach you how to shoot it. I live in a relatively small town of 85k and we have 5 gun shops and two firing ranges. And I consider my town to be a bit light of shops for my area!

/TOA

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Just a question about online gun purchases what type of ID do you have to show for that? I assume you need to provide a drivers licence number or something similar. Does it vary depending on which state the weapon is coming from or is it the same all over the US?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barret45
Just a question about online gun purchases what type of ID do you have to show for that? I assume you need to provide a drivers licence number or something similar. Does it vary depending on which state the weapon is coming from or is it the same all over the US?

You have to provide a copy of your ID and all prudent background information, plus that wouldn't work the online seller would take your money and then transfer and ship the firearm to your local FFL who would be unable to transfer the firearm to you, and could as stated above sell the weapon out of state and you would be boned. If you were lucky the seller might know your state's regulations and restrictions, refuse your money, and not bother to transfer the firearm. Now if the online seller was less than honest or simply did not your state's regulations and restrictions they would take your money and transfer the weapon anyway leaving you back to square one and boned again. Even if you could obtain an assault rifle and get it into your state as soon as you did you would be asking for major legal trouble. The first time you went to take it to the range you would most likely be picked up for possession of an illegal assault rifle and stuck up a creek with no paddle or soap on a rope .
Don't bother trying to skirt your state's laws even if you do succeed the benefits are not worth the risk at all. My suggestions are to either accept your state's laws and work to change them, or move to a state with more agreeable gun laws. My .02
edit on 13-1-2011 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

That is not true. NH will sell long guns to citizens of the bordering states. That means Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. If your from mass you still need a LTC and a drivers license both will the same currant address. The other two states just drivers licenses. Everybody has to have a background check including residents of New Hampshire and be at least 18 years old. But because Conn does not border NH I don't believe the OP would be able to buy a gun there.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Like I said in my other post yes you can buy a long gun in New Hampshire (a semi auto AK is a long gun) if you are form the bordering states. You don't need to transfer the gun you just go in to the gun shop, show your I.D., wait a few minutes for them to call in the instant background check and walk out with your gun.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Mr. Singularity because: removed unnesessary sentance

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If anyone still cares, I found a nice little gun store in CT with a knowledgeable staff. I grabbed a Ruger 10/22 just to play around & get some proficiency with, and depending on how deeply I get into the hobby I may move up to something more substantial. Thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice.

join