It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia Guide Author Arrested

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

You are right.. I get very emotional when talking about these things.. I have not been a victim of this... But with kids.. I fear for other adults that are sneaking around just waiting to prey on our kids. They are so innocent. This delusional fool is like the MAMBA folks.. he thinks that kids enjoy/condone this.. He actually talks about preteens being "ready" for sex.. And children "flirting". he is broken..

This guy is the scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. I would love to take all that stuff back... But, I cant.. I really hope he dies a painful death...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

You are right.. I get very emotional when talking about these things.. I have not been a victim of this... But with kids.. I fear for other adults that are sneaking around just waiting to prey on our kids.They are so innocent. This delusional fool is like the MAMBA folks.. he thinks that kids enjoy/condone this.. He actually talks about preteens being "ready" for sex.. And children "flirting". he is broken..

Yes, let's treat kids like kittens instead of human beings. Innocent, adorable, little bags of meat...awww!

Why don't we treat them like humans? Parents are needed to help reinforce their identities and to steer them on what is believed to be the right path, but ultimately they need to learn for themselves.

You, or others, might like to think your children will never do drugs, never have sex before marriage, or never do anything else that might offend moderate sensibilities, but the fact of the matter is that children are people with their own minds, their own wills, and their own lives! Children cannot be protected from everything and learning from experience will happen. If you protect them their entire life to such an extent that they cannot do anything they want, then they will hate you for it.

I believe government has a right to punish those molesting children or exploiting them, but this book only indirectly does so and leads to a slippery slope whereby other far less offensive materials could be in trouble. That is not the role of government in protecting children!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Regardless of whether or not it is freedom of speech, i think it is pretty deplorable.The lack of morals of the people who are defending this pig over the freedom of speech issue is sickening. I don't care about the legalities if he was allowed to or not. Yeah it's just a book. We are talking about a book that is a guide to pedophilia. Legal or not, some of you are over looking what it is about all because Awwwww, the poor guys rights have been violated. It amazes me of what some of you defend on this site.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Lets see, how may i put this, how about if i publish on ats the codes that are used within the secret service when the vp visits a foreign nation. How would you classify me ?

I would not classify you as anything. It is not my place to classify people. I just understand that someone who writes a book can commonly be referred to as an author. In order to be a pedophile, you have to have a proven sexual desire for prepubescent children. As I said before, let's go get him with a stop off to grab O'Reilly on the way.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

There is a reason judges with emotional attatchment are expected to recuse themselves. Emotions get in the way of successful societies when it comes to arbitrating justice. You have stated very clearly you want this man to be gang raped and then shot in the head for writing a book. You have not defined what standards by which you would judge his book that would or would not apply to books in the future or retroactively. You have just gotten all mad at one guy for writing some stuff. There was a man in Syracuse that locked up girls in a room in his basement for years at a time until the last one escaped after like 5 years as his private prisoner. He raped, abused, and held captive these teenage girls. This man was no pedophile nor author, but he is the type of person we should be worried about. While you get all excited hoping a guy who wrote something you do not like gets raped and murdered, real criminals are raping and torturing teenagers and children without reading a damn thing. This is kind of why I could care less about his book and since I live in the USA, I would rather he write and disgusting thing he wants and the cops worry about real crimes. Besides, he self published. Let him sit in rooms full of unsold books he spent money putting together. That seems more than fitting a punishment to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

K, how about a list of the books, authors, and subjects you feel it should be against the law in the United States of America. Not actions now, just books, authors, and subjects. So far, we have this one book. What else do you feel should be banned? Should we form a consensus or is your answer THE answer? Let's start banning now!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB
Regardless of whether or not it is freedom of speech, i think it is pretty deplorable.The lack of morals of the people who are defending this pig over the freedom of speech issue is sickening. I don't care about the legalities if he was allowed to or not. Yeah it's just a book. We are talking about a book that is a guide to pedophilia. Legal or not, some of you are over looking what it is about all because Awwwww, the poor guys rights have been violated. It amazes me of what some of you defend on this site.

How ironic that you would post this as the owner of a pit bull. I have had two pits which were wonderful dogs yet they are banned in many locales. They are just dogs, right?

In some instances they are an awesome family pet and in others are killers. Should they be banned? They have certainly been shown to have a proclivity for violence thanks to the media attention they get should one get out of line. Who knows? Maybe one of yours will "snap" and start killing.

Don't cast stones when you live in a glass house that is ripe for having stones cast at it by multiple means.

I'm not inferring that ownership of a pit bull is equivalent to ownership of the book but am merely pointing out that banning anything that has done nothing wrong is a slippery slope leading to banning ANYTHING that could be associated with POTENTIALLY doing wrong.

edit on 20-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

You are mistaking defending his RIGHTS with defending or agreeing with his position. You couldn't be more wrong. Maybe you can't separate them in your mind, but that doesn't mean no one can.

For those of you who are raging, "I don't care if what he's doing is against the law or not"! Think about what you're saying.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So obviously Eli Roth has tortured and killed numerous people in the woods and in Europe and is still a successful movie maker because as you just pointed out, no one could write about something unless they engaged in the activity, right? If fiction is too much of a stretch for you, pick up any book on what the Nazis did and see how many of the authors are actually Nazis.

Sure there is fiction.

But that title is not benign; it is SICK...

Amazon would not have pulled the book unless there was some evidence that this SICK-O was based in reality...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

And I've been looking for a reason to applaud law enforcement. Well, here it is. Lock the bastard up for a good long time.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

People want it both ways.

They can't have it both ways.

We have either freedom of speech or government regulated speech..

Can someone take a look at past government regulations and tell me how they worked out?

On the matter of freedom, not so well.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Funny you should say that, maybe the police department should be charged with purchasing pedophilia materials.
Maybe the guy is a pervert, maybe he isn't, but did he actually do anything illegal by writing a book?
Ist amendment Freedom of expression consists of the rights to freedom of speech, press, assembly and to petition the government for a redress of grievances, and the implied rights of association and belief.

It isn't so much about morality, because if anyone acts on touching or coercing children that is wrong and illegal, but is discussing it a crime? It will be interesting to see how this plays out in court.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
Sure there is fiction.

The Nazis were fiction? I always thought that all really happened. So does that mean WWII never happened either?

But that title is not benign; it is SICK...

So is "77 Reasons to Kill Yourself" which is also NON-fiction. I find most anything NON-fiction by Martha Stewart to be sick as well but it is not my place to decide what gets written and what does not just because it might make me sick. How did you get that position?

Amazon would not have pulled the book unless there was some evidence that this SICK-O was based in reality...

Amazon pulled it due to public pressure. There was a huge boycott threat the moment it was made public that it could be found on Amazon and they folded. That was over with long before any law enforcement got involved. Personally I did not feel Amazon should have offered it. I said he has the right to right and self publish it without being jailed for either but I certainly would not say Amazon had any obligation to peddle it for him. I would have been more than happy to see it roundly rejected by each and ever book retailer on the planet. Jail for writing it? NO.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mastermook

That is why Florida did it.. They have a specific law prohibiting the distribution of obscene material. He is not in jail for writing it.. He was set up by the one state where this is illegal, from what I have read about this.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well lets see if the Florida Sheriff will bow to public pressure.. Lets pressure them into castrating this broken human.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

Well lets see if the Florida Sheriff will bow to public pressure.. Lets pressure them into castrating this broken human.

Sorry but I am going to be busy lobbying for mandatory labotomies for people advocating the castration, rape, and execution of anyone for simply writing a book and nothing more. I have a feeling our paths may cross though. See ya in the funny papers...unless you get family circle banned for showing Jeffrey's bare bottom.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by SKinLaB

How ironic that you would post this as the owner of a pit bull. I have had two pits which were wonderful dogs yet they are banned in many locales. They are just dogs, right?

In some instances they are an awesome family pet and in others are killers. Should they be banned? They have certainly been shown to have a proclivity for violence thanks to the media attention they get should one get out of line. Who knows? Maybe one of yours will "snap" and start killing.

Don't cast stones when you live in a glass house that is ripe for having stones cast at it by multiple means.

I'm not inferring that ownership of a pit bull is equivalent to ownership of the book but am merely pointing out that banning anything that has done nothing wrong is a slippery slope leading to banning ANYTHING that could be associated with POTENTIALLY doing wrong.

edit on 20-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

PitBulls are a WAY different topic my friend. Lets not go there. You are confusing a sick individual that wrote a sick book. Not a dog owners negligence of not knowing how to raise a dog. You are a victim of the media on all the PitBull hype. I know many many Pit owners that their dog has never shown a bit of aggression in their life.

Besides, im not speaking of the legalities like i said. Im speaking on morals of the issue. That is my opinion. You know what they say about opinions right?

Besides, the last time i checked, PitBulls were not the only breed of dog that has ever "killed". They certainly were not the only dog that was bred for fighting.
edit on 20-12-2010 by SKinLaB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I wonder where your kids are or what they're doing while you're on here rambling about their needing to be protected.

...Anyway, this is a slippery slope. Today they nail this guy for a thought crime. Tomorrow they nail people who put out information on street drugs and how to grow marijuana. The next day they go after the people publishing info on your rights or info the government doesn't want out there... oh wait they're already doing it. And since the majority of the population is retarded and drowned out by emotional head cases, it's all going to happen too.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

hahahahaha that was funny.. That was really funny. You should do stand up comedy.. Not very often I come across something so witty and just plain funny on ATS.. That was funny!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This again. First of all, even if he is a pedo that is not a crime. Second, should we just get the mobs ready and go after Sally Mann next? I mean her books actually contain nude images of prepubecent teens. I mean if words written on paper / computer makes you a criminal surely taking nude photos of children does too? Let's just kill everyone who took pics of their own children on the nude too!!! Witch hunt this is. Modern day witch hunt.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join