It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia Guide Author Arrested

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, why is this alright but if he published, "How to Kill an American President" he'd be getting call from the FBI or DHS?

US Code, Title 18, Chapter 41, Section 871
explains that it's not just the President, but anyone in the position or in succession to the position of president. The reason that's in place is to protect the positions of the head of our government. It's a special case. A threat against the president and his successors is a special crime.

Originally posted by Resurrectio
I dont even care if it is legal or not....

Wow... And people think Muslim Extremists are our enemy... You don't care if someone is guilty or not, you just want them to suffer... OK.

I too, favor complete freedom of speech...But, if there is a line THIS MUST be considered "over the line".

You do not support freedom of speech. Read my signature. You're paying lip service to free speech.

All that being said, the guy was charged with "distribution of obscene material depicting minors engaged in harmful conduct" Source

When I was involved with this discussion before, there wasn't any information about what exactly was contained in the pages. There was nothing about pictures. If by "obscene material", they mean pictures, then that's illegal. Otherwise, I'm not sure what they're going after him about...

link   
reply to post by JoeMaine

Joe... What was your previous ATS name.. You and I have had this exact same argument... When this book was first brought to the MSN.. Welcome back!

link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

Well, I obviously would not be in the same situation because I am not a pedophile.

But integration across state lines, and possibly involving the feds, sometimes takes time, that is all.

Here is the title of the book in question: "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: a Child-lover's Code of Conduct"

Surely you can't believe that he isn't a pedophile?!

So obviously Eli Roth has tortured and killed numerous people in the woods and in Europe and is still a successful movie maker because as you just pointed out, no one could write about something unless they engaged in the activity, right? If fiction is too much of a stretch for you, pick up any book on what the Nazis did and see how many of the authors are actually Nazis.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

Removing someones freedom of speech is removing their ability to say what they want. Or taking their pen or computer or any form of communication away.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Xiamara because: (no reason given)

Yes and societal boundaries remove that ability. China won't stop you from writing what you want about the government, but the minute they see it they can lock you up. By your definition, freedom of speech exists there, which makes your definition of freedom of speech lousy.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Are we robots? Are we not able to differentiate between scenarios? Why can't we look at each case specifically?

Pedophiles are broken. Period!

I have had this conversation on ATS before.. We should be able to bend/create clauses in laws to target child predators.

How about differentiating between a pedophile and a book author?

If you are unable to distinguish the difference between a Pedophile and a Book Author, i recommend we do not cross paths at any costs.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanescence

Again they were free to say what they wanted they did, and they now suffer the consequences, its not fair. Someone who believes in what they say isn't afraid of the consequences. I don't care that you or others don't agree its my opinion and I'm free to say it and I unlike other accept the consequences which is others disagreeing

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Joe... I have never heard of karma .. going back in time to exact revenge.. But, in your case, i will assume this is the case.

I dont know how long this book has been out, but maybe the man that molested you read one just like it.. Would you wish what happened to you on anyone? If banning a pedophile book, could save one child your pain would you do it?

I know freedom of speech is a slippery slope.. But can't we make exceptions to protect those that can not protect themselves???

You really wouldn't like my castration theory on first time pedophile offenders then... And death penalty for 2nd time offenders would ya?

Can you please point to just one case of a convicted pedophile that claimed the use of a book in learning how to or becoming inclined to commit his crime? I am assuming you have some stats that show pedphillia has risen with the invention of moveable type?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I refuse to believe that the people arguing for this guys rights, have any children of their own.

Who cares what we thing.. FORTUNATELY the prison system is going to kill him.. I hope he is passed around like a hacky sack!

This book has step by step ways to groom children for molestation... To hiding it.. To continuing it into a "relationship"

This guys moral compass is broken... He is broken!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here is a taste of books that are or have been banned by various governments:

en.wikipedia.org...

None are as egregious as the one in question but a glance at these show the road you go down once allowing governments to usurp their authority and ban books.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
If you are unable to distinguish the difference between a Pedophile and a Book Author, i recommend we do not cross paths at any costs.

I can quite clearly tell the difference. This was a suggestion to the rest of you advocating this man be treated as a pedophile.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResurrectioI hope he is raped by an entire area codes worth of predators.

He did nothing to you.
And yet you wish rape upon him? an entire area codes worth? "You" should be brought up on obscenities charges as well and be... well you get it. (an area codes worth).

edit on 20-12-2010 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I do not agree with this man or his book but he certainly should have the right to wright it. A pedophile does not need a manual to be a pedophile, they were pedophiles with or without the book. also what about film-makers who make movies depicting rape/molestation in a very real manner? should they be arrested too...there goes the lifetime channel.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Don't chant that mantra about losing rights and police state. You're already there. It's too late to lock the barn after the horses escaped.

Can't we still want what's right?

Originally posted by sonjah1
Here is the title of the book in question: "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: a Child-lover's Code of Conduct"

Surely you can't believe that he isn't a pedophile?!

He may be a pedophile. He may not. But even if he is, that doesn't mean he's molested children. If they find he has, THEN I would totally support his arrest.

Arrest comes AFTER the crime. (or else you have thought crime)
War comes AFTER the attack. (or else you have preemptive violence)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Again they were free to say what they wanted they did, and they now suffer the consequences, its not fair. Someone who believes in what they say isn't afraid of the consequences. I don't care that you or others don't agree its my opinion and I'm free to say it and I unlike other accept the consequences which is others disagreeing

Then you are arguing over the mere semantics of the term and not the heart of the issue which is that a government should not have the role of regulating thought crime. If they did you would find 99% of people in jail because I can guarantee no one is pure in mind and heart for every issue.

While it is obvious why people feel this guy should be arrested and forced not to publish, they fail to comprehend the full impact that such policies can have on. Laws are not so clearly defined and interpreted and before you know it you have the banning of books dealing with subject matter that might be classified as bad by society. Some of you would laugh at what was banned in the early 1900s...see my point! Banning books on subjects is a ridiculous and ineffective way for government to get involved in society. Let the free market take care of such issues and let government focus on scientifically and logically-valid initiatives to improving society and working to improve people's standards of living and preserving their means of expressions.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You claim to wish this man is raped repeatedly in prison for writing a book.
Where are you all getting your compasses from?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I refuse to believe that the people arguing for this guys rights, have any children of their own.

Who cares what we thing.. FORTUNATELY the prison system is going to kill him.. I hope he is passed around like a hacky sack!

This book has step by step ways to groom children for molestation... To hiding it.. To continuing it into a "relationship"

Look lets make things clear, his existence has been sealed the moment it was proposed to the publishing company, so moving right along and let me make it clear, any loss of life is not what i endorse or promote. However the exploitation of a human's who are unable to defend themselves either verbally/intellectually or physically is in my our opinion one that requires all resources across the spectrum to be put in full swing regardless of nation and political reputations.

Simple question here, how many here within ats or within this thread are upto date as to the stats of human trafficking. ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
By the Author

Product Description
This is my attempt to make pedophile situations safer for those juveniles that find themselves involved in them, by establishing certian rules for these adults to follow. I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps lighter sentences should they ever be caught.

Ready! Aim! Blow his damn head off !!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You also seem to be arguing semantics. Its one book on how to be a better pedophile. I think if any book ought to be banned its this book. I don't believe books should be banned but this one encourages pedophilia, and that is not something that should EVER be supported.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by tristar

I can quite clearly tell the difference. This was a suggestion to the rest of you advocating this man be treated as a pedophile.

Lets see, how may i put this, how about if i publish on ats the codes that are used within the secret service when the vp visits a foreign nation. How would you classify me ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The logical fallacy known as "argument from authority." It is irrelevant whether we have children of our own to have an adequate and intellectually-refined opinion on this issue.

I love your retributive stance on criminal justice though. I guess we have that line of reasoning to thank for an American criminal justice system that punishes and leads to a life of crime by even small-time offenders due to society's apathy.

You also seem to be arguing semantics. Its one book on how to be a better pedophile. I think if any book ought to be banned its this book. I don't believe books should be banned but this one encourages pedophilia, and that is not something that should EVER be supported.

My argument has nothing to do with the meaning of the word "freedom of speech," it has to do with the practicality of regulating it, especially through the written medium, as well as the possibility of the slippery slope resulting from that regulation.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Evanescence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join