It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia Guide Author Arrested

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

No. Once it crosses state lines, it's automatically a federal situation. The state police might execute a warrant, but the warrant is issued by the FBI, and you will be tried in federal courts, and sent to a federal prison if found guilty.

You really need to learn how the United States legal system works, Ressurectio.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

LOL... You telling me what you just told me.. Would be like me telling fidel castro about Columbian drug laws.. YOU ARE WRONG!!!! PERIOD!!!!!

Yes you would be violating a federal law.. But California CAN AND WILL files charges.. The feds will back off their charges or try you after the state charges you!.. Not open for debate .. Its a fact!!!
edit on 12/29/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

LOL... You telling me what you just told me.. Would be like me telling fidel castro about Columbian drug laws.. YOU ARE WRONG!!!! PERIOD!!!!!

...What the hell does that even mean?

Caps lock is cruise control for cool, bro.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

your right.. i got excited.. i'll swear off caps for the remainder of the day. I am 100% certain that the cali state will make a case and the feds will then press charges.. cali will be allowed to carry on with their charges (unless the feds case is much stronger) normally, they will allow the state to follow through, then they will either drop their charges in the plea deal or they will prosecute after cali state charges.

ok another analogy.. you telling me what will happen on this analogy, is like me telling brett farve how to be a quarter back.. any more understandable?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So, what, you're a federal agent? Do tell.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

lol... no.. that would have been nice to be on that end of that stick!

i would also like to say... when caught transporting into canada.. transporting between countries is also a federal offense.. but the state took precedence on that one too..

to make it clear.. when i was young and dumb.. we traveled with the dead.. i was charged with sales and distribution of lsd. 20+ counts. they had been recording and watching us for roughly 9 months. possession of lsd. sales and distribution of lsd. sales and distribution of psilocybin and possesion of psilocybin. sales and distribution of imitation lsd.. i did have the transporting charges held over my head by the feds.. but was never charged with them.

in the end with 2 lawyers and 30k later.. cali awaited michigans charges and in the deal the feds/cali/ohio dropped charges and michigan took the lead..

plea deal down to possession + sales and distribution 1 count of each - cali/ohio/feds dropped charges.

i was 17 when caught...18 when charged.

no caps!!!!

8 months time served. SSA bootcamp chelsea michigan - 5 years probation - 1 year teather (ankle braclet) -

this was probably too much info.. but who cares.. its been nearly 20 years and I haven't gotten as much as a speeding ticket since.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Big difference between having a drug, that is illegal in all states, and selling a book over the internet to someone that lives in FL, which has idiotic laws on the books. In order to even have a chance, they will have to prove he marketed it, specifically to FL residents, knowing it was against an obscenity law.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Big difference between having a drug, that is illegal in all states, and selling a book over the internet to someone that lives in FL, which has idiotic laws on the books. In order to even have a chance, they will have to prove he marketed it, specifically to FL residents, knowing it was against an obscenity law.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Do you notice how you side step so elequently??.. You did this when we were talking about COLB on the birther thread.. When i proved my point by calling NY schools.. You changed your line of commenting.

My point is exactly as it was when you stated that it was federal and NOT state.. I am simply telling you that it is untrue..

Now if you are arguing the entrapment.. I am not sure how that will play out.. But at least concede a point instead of side stepping when a point is made.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by TKDRL

Do you notice how you side step so elequently??.. You did this when we were talking about COLB on the birther thread.. When i proved my point by calling NY schools.. You changed your line of commenting.

My point is exactly as it was when you stated that it was federal and NOT state.. I am simply telling you that it is untrue..

Now if you are arguing the entrapment.. I am not sure how that will play out.. But at least concede a point instead of side stepping when a point is made.

In the COLB thread I said in NY, where I signed two girls up for school, they wanted the longform. I guess it varies school to school or maybe county to county, I will take your word that you actually did call the schools in NYC and inquire.

Here I am saying that FL does not have jurisdiction over a resident in another state, unless he was specifically advertising to FL. If FL is so worried about obscenity, they should not be seeking it out on the internet. If they are so worried about obscenity, then they should be setting up their own interstate firewalls like china. Not that they work if you know how to use a proxy or TOR. If something is illegal where you live, then don't go looking for it on the internet, pretty common sense.

If the book is so dangerous and contagious, why aren't the officers that read it being locked up for the safety of the children? They now read the so called molester handbook, so they now have knowledge that can be used against innocent children.
edit on Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:17:17 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I guess you missed my point... I sent product to Cali.. Michigan brought the charges and were in contact with CA.. California also brought charges and I never stepped foot in CA.

So, by sending the book to Florida he broke FL law.. Again the question of entrapment, I am not going to even pretend to know the answer... I am only clearing up the areas I do know.

P.S I didn't expect you to just believe me... That is why I gave the #'s and names of the people I spoke with.

You asked why the officers aren't charged... This makes you sound very ignorant.. I hope you just didn't think before you typed that...

This would be for the same reason a prostitution sting officer isn't guilty of soliciting... Or the DEA isn't guilty of buying drugs from sellers.. That was the first thing you have said that was truly ignorant at best!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I say they are guilty. That kind of entrapment, and allowing LEO to be above the law in those cases, are the only way to catch people that are involved in such victimless crimes, like buying a prostitute or drugs. Got to keep the money flowing into the prison system afterall.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

In America your supposed to be innocent till proven guilty but it seems like your guilty till proven innocent

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I would have to say you are a hypocrite. You expect my reaction to this book to be rational.. Yet you think police officers doing under cover work should be charged with the crimes that they are trying to stop.. That is very irrational and to be honest.. stupid.

So Chris Hanson's crew, that are busting child molesters should be charged with molestation charges?

DEA agent's should be charged with drug charges for busting folks for selling drugs?

Do you really feel that is a rational stance? Is there any side stepping you wont attempt?

Lets test your militant view... When a police officer is chasing a car thief, should he be charged with reckless driving, since he is driving at insane speeds to catch the guy?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well first, chris hanson's crew is not busting child molesters, and second they are not committing any crime, except maybe entrapment.

DEA should not even exist in my book. But yes, they are committing a crime, and because they are in collusion with the prison industrial complex, it is ok for them to commit the crime in the eyes of our crooked laws.

There are plenty of countries that think that endangering the life of everyone else on the road, to partake in a high speed chase, is not worth catching a thief.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No need to address me anymore. I will be ignoring you and your completely insane view of the law.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zombiesC4
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

In America your supposed to be innocent till proven guilty but it seems like your guilty till proven innocent

Those that are in charge of prosecuting you certainly will think that way, whether you truly did or not if you're a suspect of a crime. All you have to do is watch a few forensic files shows and what not.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How did he get this thing printed? Whoo wanted to make a buck from this?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrum666
How did he get this thing printed? Whoo wanted to make a buck from this?

It was self published.
The author wanted to make a buck on this.
Apparently for a time, so did Amazon.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Pretty sure there's something call freedom of speech.

I was waiting for this and it didn't take long. OK, why is this alright but if he published, "How to Kill an American President" he'd be getting call from the FBI or DHS?

I think the Supreme Court has ruled that you have freedom of speech unless your speech is an incitement to violence. Even the founding fathers knew that you can't go out and tell someone you're going to kill them. It infringes on their rights to do so. Hope that helps.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39 >>

join