It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia Guide Author Arrested

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Exactly... I am not saying that we prosecute this guy for simply writing a book... I am saying that we look more into the "inciting violence against children aspect".. Of course .. Until the law is finely tuned to protect our young!!

Florida is not prosecuting him for writing the book.. they are prosecuting him for distributing obscene material.. I dont care what loop hole they used.. Get this creep off the street.

I got a warm fuzzy feeling, when i found out he has only sold 1 book, up until the time of that video!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

In which Direction May I ask? I've now seen arguments for both this guy is innocent, this guy is guilty.

Then again everyone is guilty of something this guy is just more so, I'm making an assumption, but I think its safe to assume A) this guy has raped/molested children, and or B) has watched it done and/or C) has contributed to the rape/molestation of a child.

Now of those there C is definitely a yes so he is guilty of aiding a pedophile now is that innocent?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by Kharron

Are you saying as humans we are too simple to be able to differentiate between different situations? Why does it have to be black and white? Why can't laws be specific to protect our kids? A small minded person will try and blanket existing and all future "ideas" under one umbrella.

As an advanced species...we better start proving it.. And start protecting our most valuable asset- Our Children.

I would kill this man myself, if given the chance.
edit on 12/20/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

this guy just wrote about killing someone! he should be arrested! since he wrote it. right?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

You misread his post... He is agreeing that this is over "the line" where ever that line may lie.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I have to agree with you, everyone is blindly defending the freedom of speech to protect a pedophile.. That is kind of disgusting is it not? well not kinda it is. If we should draw a line shouldn't it be here its not about children reading it its about sick and twisted people (though I hate to use that word to describe them) reading it and putting to use what is in that book to hurt children that vastly different from a child reading a book with sex in it. Its like comparing apples to the moon they are both round but that's about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Florida is not prosecuting him for writing the book.. they are prosecuting him for distributing obscene material.

That's just it though, the book (unbelievable as it may be) doesn't fit the criteria of the law, as it is only text, and to be covered by that law, pictures have to be involved. (as I understand it, though I may be wrong, but that's what I've seen articles mention). So, he's going to get out on this.

I'm saying to check for those he's actually victimized like he says he has. If you can find even one victim, you practically have a confession in the book, if you can tie a claim to a particular victim. Then, prosecute him for the actual acts he's committed, instead of the account of doing so...and nail the guy.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Wasn't sure I was just clarifying only the top paragraph is a response to that post. I didn't want to make two separate posts.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dannyfal

Point/match...

Poor use of anger. I'll admit that.. I should know by now, that I am unable to discuss this issue and keep my composure.

I digress.... Nope, can't help it.. I really would love to hurt this guy.. I would pay my price for it.... But, it would make me feel so much better...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have been listening to allot of lawyers talking heads... They seem to think that "inciting violence" aspect will be the sticker.

I really don't care if it is a traffic ticket.. All this guy needs is 1 hour in general population.. Nothing more...nothing less!
edit on 12/21/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
First off, this guy is sick, and obviously practiced / practices what he preaches in his book.

It's not actually obvious to me that this guy is sick OR practices molestation. What's obvious to me is that he wrote a controversial book, hoping to make a wad of money from the emotions that it would raise. He's getting his 15 minutes of fame, but unless everyone who is suspected of something is guilty of same, I don't know how you can say that he is for sure.

Glad you're not on my jury.

It's very possible this guy is a pedophile, but it's JUST as possible he's not. And if he is, it's possible he's molested kids, but it's also possible he hasn't.

We all agree that this book is evil at best.

Speak for yourself. I haven't read the book. You all are judging it by the title.

He thinks that children can make sexual choices ..

He THINKS something?
Arrest that man for his THOUGHTS!

All of you that keep jumping on the 1st amendment bandwagon are admitting that we are too stupid, and to damn lazy to protect our children properly.

See? Everyone has opinions. Some are intelligent and some are downright silly. But people should not be arrested for having them!

Did anyone notice the poster that called me a child abuser, simply for having kids... He then went on to call me a serial killer, simply because my children will one day die.

What? Someone determined that you're guilty of something without any proof? Oh, how terrible! Wait... You're determining the guilt of this author with as much information. Someone else is determining your guilt. Doesn't feel too good, does it? You do know that most molestations occur by people the child knows, don't you? Many times it's the father...

Originally posted by Gazrok
That's just it though, the book (unbelievable as it may be) doesn't fit the criteria of the law, as it is only text, and to be covered by that law, pictures have to be involved. (as I understand it, though I may be wrong, but that's what I've seen articles mention). So, he's going to get out on this.

The Florida law uses the word "depictions", not pictures. I think that's what they're going to prosecute on, claiming that "depictions" can be verbal. So if he "paints a picture" with words, it could be called a depiction.

edit on 12/21/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by dannyfal

Point/match...

Poor use of anger. I'll admit that.. I should know by now, that I am unable to discuss this issue and keep my composure.

I digress.... Nope, can't help it.. I really would love to hurt this guy.. I would pay my price for it.... But, it would make me feel so much better...

well its understandable... but do u get what i'm saying? my point is as despicable as the content is, its WRITTEN material. if i sit here right now, write the most grossest thing i can on a piece of paper. wreita bout the most illegal things ever. should i go to jail?

if he should go to jail for writing about X because X is illegal
by that logic you should go to jail about writing about murder

i don't see how people won't stop and separate emotions from reality

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I know this addresses or at least involves the 1st amendment. But I have some very strong beliefs on pedophiles... here goes..

If a child turns you on - your broken!

If you touch a child, for sexual purposes, you should be thrown in prison for life - Only because I know I wont be able to get the death penalty approved for first time violators.

I think that there should be a cut and dry line! If you are over 20 and touch a child under 12.. Your broken.. You go to prison.. Then you receive chemical castration.

If you get out and you touch a child again... You have proven that you can not be trusted in society and should receive a life sentence. With the possibility of death.... depending on the severity of the crime.

I understand there is a fine line when you get into 14,15,16,17,18.... Those situations should be looked at on an individual basis.

An adult that is turned on by a child is broken..PERIOD!!!!

I understand that a few will never act on these urges.. Maybe even a sizable portion will not act on these urges..

But, for the majority, all it is going to take is a snapping point, and an entire child's life is going to be ruined.. By some adult that can not control himself. Our children have enough to worry about in this lifetime.. They should not have to worry about some sick adult, getting his rocks off by sexually abusing a child.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I am completely deplored at what I see on this board.

First of all until I see a posted page with a quote from a book, I will not read quotes.

Did anyone on this board take civics in high school.
And as far as anything he says that incriminates him on NATIONAL TELEVISION I will stand up for his

5TH AMENDMENT RIGHT TO NOT INCRIMINATE ONESELF.

So you say the COUNTRY'S problems are rooted in the fact that we do not INTERPRET the laws of this country to fit your narrow minded views.
That video could be cut to make him incriminate himself and you know what....

A good attorney might already have a case for a mistrial.
So your "jump to vigilante justice" just shot yourself in the foot.

The most self-righteous of all attitudes will always lose in a debate because your morals and values are ad-hoc.

The problem with our COUNTRY is that we lost the ability to think and interpret the Bill of Rights, which was consequently only originally implied to the Federal Government, in a congruent social manner.

So this nanny state that you so wish to see prevail with the social norms deciding and legislating Freedom of Speech could have had more power to prosecute this fool in the State of Florida, but his rights and the Federal rulings of Freedom of the Press will apply in a state prosecuted case.
And you want to know why?
Because the nanny state of the Federal Government now enforces the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment. This is a classic slippery slope argument.

Study law my brother and do society a favor.
Do not ever sit on a jury trial.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That's probably true. Doing sick things to kids will get you hurt bad in general population...so kind of see your point there... Won't knock the sicko outta him though....sadly.

The guy likely needs to be locked up for good. From the cases I've ever seen on it, there's no real rehabilitation you can do for these folks...there's something wrong upstairs, and without correcting that, they'll do the same things, have the same attractions, as soon as they get out, so who's benefitted then?

They may be able to get him on the inciting violence thing, but that won't net him a lot of jail time. Even that is going to be dicey, and any half-decent lawyer would likely get around it. That's the real root of the problem. The law needs to define it, and then, you can't get him for distributing it PRIOR to the law being enacted.

As for the distribution angle, technically, wouldn't Amazon also be complicit?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I believe this whole thing is a big grey area. Yes he has rights and freedom of speech. No a book can't hurt anyone neither can thinking a thought hurt anyone. The problem is not that its a book, but what it teaches. Just because someones gonna read a book about how to be a pedophile doesnt mean there gonna actually do it. The problem is for those people who actually take this book as a serious learning tool and actually use that knowledge to molest and rape innocent children. How bout those people who dont just think, but commit the act? What are we supposed to do, wait until the guy rapes some little kid then act? We can't see inside people's heads, people are unpredictable. That is unless you judge them based on their thinking. This is where the problem lies, its all a grey area. There is no right or wrong answer.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

This guy is going to get off on this charge because of the witch hunt that is going on.

The most entertaining aspect of this is,,,,

A) innocent until proven guilty, but of what exactly????
B) those who want to see this guy fry are so anxious to prosecute that they are going to blow the case.

Learn and respect the law peanut gallery.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

Now of those there C is definitely a yes so he is guilty of aiding a pedophile now is that innocent?

Specifically, which pedophile did he aid?

Name?

Case number for reference?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Any pedophile who's bought his book.. It may not be now but down the line yeah its a possibility who else is going to buy a how to guide on pedophilia?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The Florida law uses the word "depictions", not pictures. I think that's what they're going to prosecute on, claiming that "depictions" can be verbal. So if he "paints a picture" with words, it could be called a depiction.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Let me give an example though. There are books by authors such as Stephen King, etc. where the villain commits sex crimes against children. I think it was one of the Dark Tower ones, where some elderly guy made some supernatural pact, and escaped from the nursing home through the toilet, and raped/killed children...(I remember being pretty disturbed by it (the description of his crimes), and pretty much stopped reading that series)... Is King now going to be arrested? Because of the "depiction" of such acts? It's a VERY slippery slope.

I think any changes in the law must take the "instructional" purpose into account as well as the material.

edit on 21-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You know, I used to have hope for Americans.

But now - I really don't see Americans getting any more intelligent. The majority have the same simple minded opinions like Resurrectio and Xiamara. I couldn't even get like three inches down this thread without encountering stupidity.

Did anybody ever pay attention during History class? I didn't even really, but I'm smart enough to know that we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH for a VERY IMPORTANT reason - a reason that is the difference between our freedom and our slave chains.

PARENTS - YOU are the only ones responsible to protect your children. Don't want little Annie being abducted by a dirty old pedo? Well, do your job as a parent and teach Annie not to be a dipshi*t! Watch your kids, educate them - DON'T RELY ON THE GOVERNMENT TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. Be responsible for you own self! That means you are responsible for what you and your family reads. If you do not like this idiot author's information, then DON'T READ IT. It is when we begin forcefully tearing down the very few laws that uphold our freedom that we lock our own slave chains.

Please, America, let's stop being stupid. We all know inside that pedophilia is not right. It is still no reason to step on freedom of speech. We also all know that killing and bombs and war is not right. WE DON'T PROHIBIT PEOPLE FROM WRITING ABOUT THESE IDEAS - NO MATTER HOW HEINOUS.

UGH! I'm so ASHAMED to call myself an American when my own people are SCREAMING for the gov't to take away the freedoms their relatives fought and DIED for.

IDIOTS! WAKE UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join