It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.7 Earthquake in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thanks for this post.

Awfully convenient quake with the supposed rapture tonight.
Just a thought

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Beat me to it! I thought it sounded a tad odd. Maybe something more to it, maybe not..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hmmmm? HAARP ? anyone?
pre-invasion ? look for more earth-quakes in Iran.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainGarden

i just wanted to shout HAAAAAAAAAAARP ALEEEEEEEEEEERT but you were first

maybe it's somehow connected to this night, solstice and supposed stargate in the gulf of aden?

edit on 20-12-2010 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Not to be picky but it was a 6.3 according to what I could find, interesting nonetheless. Has anyone else noticed earthquakes centered around the gulf of aden the past 4 or 5 days? I've seen them on 1 site, but they arent listed on the official USGS lists of earthquakes. It happened twice, I didn't write the dates down sorry. There were 7 or 8 on 2 separate days same area(off of Yemen) and between 3.5-4.6 I believe. If anyone has noticed this too let me know thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe it was just an earthquake. Why does everything that happens in the world have to be explained away as an orchestrated event. I have yet to see compelling evidence that HAARP is able to do a fraction of the things people attribute to it...weather modification, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. Don't other countries have research facilities similar to HAARP?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
Maybe it was just an earthquake. Why does everything that happens in the world have to be explained away as an orchestrated event. I have yet to see compelling evidence that HAARP is able to do a fraction of the things people attribute to it...weather modification, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. Don't other countries have research facilities similar to HAARP?
There are other HAARP like facilities around the world. I can't remember exactly where but I'm sure it's easy to find out. Also if you listen to what some scientists believe this is capable of doing to weather it is very compelling/scarey as hell. Not everything is HAARPS fault but I believe it's being used,

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Another 3.9 hit Iran just 10 mins ago, probably an aftershock?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696

Originally posted by peter_kandra
There are other HAARP like facilities around the world. I can't remember exactly where but I'm sure it's easy to find out. Also if you listen to what some scientists believe this is capable of doing to weather it is very compelling/scarey as hell. Not everything is HAARPS fault but I believe it's being used,

I'm sure if there's a possible weapons angle to it, the military is involved, but I just see HAARP thrown around on ATS way too much as the cause of things. There's a great thread on here somewhere with tons of scientific data debunking HAARP as capable of causing these types of natural disasters. If I find it, I'll post a link.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

I'm on my phone and can't figures how to post the source but the Washington Post says 6.5
I've noticed with earthquakes in the msm that the magnitude changes a lot than from what wad originally reported.
Faux News said 6.7

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Its just an earthquake FGS, and not that big !

Links to the Networks and a list of Aftershocks are discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bam is the location of a major 6.6Mw quake back in 2003, 26,271 people were killed and estimated 30,000 injured

There hasn't been a strong quake world wide for a few weeks.
The magnitudes vary because machines initially do the calculations, then get revised by humans when more details come in, it takes about 15 minutes to work out the correct location and magnitude.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Iran is located on seismic fault lines and is prone to earthquakes. It experiences at least one slight earthquake every day on average.

www.france24.com...

This is interesting... I had no idea that Iran was so prone to earthquake activity...

new topics

top topics

join