It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Tonight? 12/21/2010 During Eclipse?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yes, instead of useless (s)wordplay, let's wait tomorrow. I think that nothing spectacular will take place tomorrow. Only 8 hrs 50 minutes to find out.

But should something happen, I'll be sure to thank you for your heads up in advance! If you are wrong - well, you know... I don't have to laugh at you. Besides, there will be plenty of idiots doing just that.

-v
edit on 20-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
OK, for one, Who is promoting peace? Just because n.korea and s.korea are not dropping bombs at the moment doesn't mean peace is in the air! USA is still waring with everyone! I'm sure they are not pulling troops out and everyone is proclaiming peace. So right there your logic is flawed!
OK, for two, The bible was written so long ago, Is there even a print in existence that can be taken as "THE TRUTH" ? It's been re-written so many times by so many different people and turned into so many different religions that to follow just one religion is ludicrous!
Sorry but your logic is flawed and I think you are just jumping on this bandwagon! Nice try though! Good luck with that!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a "rapture".
Not only did Jesus say the day he comes is known to no one except the Father,
he also said his elect will have to endure the tribulation before the close of the age.

Furthermore, in the "days of Noah" and "the days of Lot"....
who were "taken" away?
Not the "good guys".

In case of "rapture".... I'm staying, thank you.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wait, you're still here... I guess the rapture hasn't happened yet. Why?

The "rapture" is the Christian version of the Islamic 72 Virgins promise... a false promise for false hope for something that will never, ever happen. Period.

Not today, not tomorrow, not 50 years from now, not 1,000,000 years from now. Zip nadda, forget about it. You'd have better luck wishing Santa Clause would slide down the chimney for real then be magically whooshed away in some fairy tale rapture lie.

It's just a fairy-tale wishful thinking story with that will only end with no rapture and wishfuls always thinking maybe in the next century, or the next and so-on and so-on the silliness continues.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I hope all them religius nutters get raptured to night. It will be a peaceful planet with out them all screaming, to kill every one who dosnt believe in their version of thge spirit in the sky.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
There is no such thing as a "rapture".
Not only did Jesus say the day he comes is known to no one except the Father,
he also said his elect will have to endure the tribulation before the close of the age.

Furthermore, in the "days of Noah" and "the days of Lot"....
who were "taken" away?
Not the "good guys".

In case of "rapture".... I'm staying, thank you.

Are you saying that Noah and his family were not "the good guys". They were taken away (spared), weren't they?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok, well I'm not sure if any rapture will happen tonight. I used to be pretty hardcore Catholic about seven years ago but have since stranded to research other religions and spirituality as a whole. What I can say is that people who aren't Christian are just as deluded and ignorant as Christians. I mean, you show no respect. I understand, this might...and probably...won't happen tonight but do you really have to go out of your way just to put this guy down? You all may believe you're so amazing for comparing someone else's faith to trash, but really you all just look like douchebags. And I figure, since you go out of your way to put him down, I'll try and return the favor to you guys. Besides, wasn't there some rules recently established for ATS about respect in the forums? You guys disgust me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

And Ill laugh because everyone like you that think religions are the root of all of humanities problems will finally see that it was the main thing holding all the problems back. Without religion we would be barbaric and animalistic, just like we used to be in fact.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As soon as I read the title to this thread, I knew the OP would be getting bashed, but I want to say good for you OP for standing up in what you believe in. The Bible says that in the end days there would be persecutors of Christians and Mockers, so you probably knew it was coming.

Now, I will stand with you. I don't know if the Rapture will come tonight or 50 years from tonight. I just know it will come someday. I used to go to church all the time, over half of my 50 year life, but I don't anymore. I do know what is coming though and I still believe. The signs are all around us as far as the Last Days go, so the Rapture could happen anytime. S&F for you OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Are you saying that Noah and his family were not "the good guys". They were taken away (spared), weren't they?

Like much of religion, he Noah story is a metaphor for a truly great flood that happened at the end of the last ice age when dammed up water in the Hudson Bay broke loose of its ice dam all at once, flooding the shores of the Earth and along with it, any budding secoast civilizations. Noah and his ark is the Biblical story of this flooding, one of many hundreds of flood stories that recount this event, which likely happened over 12,000 years ago. Many more people than just "Noah and his family" survived to tell the tale, which at this point is down to the very basics. You can visit the basics of all this with Graham Hancock's "Underworld," among other texts which document this.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Another "thing":

The totality of tonight's eclipse occurs at 3:17AM EST.
So here's some more "numbers mumbo-jumbo...

3+1+7=11

Our old friend number 11.

Interestingly enough John 3:17 goes like this:

Geneva Bible Translation
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

You said it perfectly. I stand with you as well, there are more of us out here than you think.

There are only two things that bug me about ATS and the main one is all of the religion bashing that goes around.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Originally posted by Ghost374
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Have fun getting probed

You just turned my awesome viking-nordic fantasy of the eternal valhallian feast into a bum hole expedition.

Whyyy. whyyyy!

You alien folks always tread on my dreams!

Surely they could just do a thermal scan, the probes must be a myth, they have to be!!

-G

Hmmm. A myth? Who knows?

A fourth creature started rummaging between my legs and he pulled out my organ of manhood and stuck something into that, It was very strange. But I wasn't feeling any pain now.But I could feel the flexible cable moving inside me.
Creto Mutwa

"It was set too high in its chest. And they were very very hard in appearance." Credo Mutwa

Mr. Mutwa didn't mention a line of men waiting to be probed but he did see some strapped to tables, if my memory serves me correctly.

Starblossom

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It also says that those of us who are not in darkness will not be overtaken by that day as "a thief in the night" would overtake us. This is why we're instructed to watch and to take note of the signs in earth and in the heavens.

1 Thessalonians 5
Geneva Bible Translation

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
edit on 12/20/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: source

Exactly my point, as with Noah and Lot.
They were not "raptured". They were spared, while the others were destroyed.

In further reference to 1 Thes 4: 16-17

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Since the dead in Christ will rise first, and Jesus, numerous times, especially in the Gospel of John, states that the dead will be raised on the Last Day, how can one use this passage as proof of a Rapture of the faithful??

Jesus didn't say the "last day" before the tribulation.
Jesus didn't say the "last day" before the Antichrist appears.
He said the last day. Period. The end of the world.
Therefore the resurrection that is spoken of in Paul's letter happens when Christ returns on the last day, where the dead will be resurrected, the elect will be caught up to meet him, and the destruction of the evil will happen.

It's all the same day. The last day.
No rapture.

This is not "bashing" as one poster stated. This is advancing Scripture to show the fallacy of the rapture.
Many, many devout do not believe in a Rapture.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The rapture, naked people flying out of graves other people leaving bloody clothes behind and flying into outer space as a gigantic mega Jesus spreads his arms over the earth. This is what I recall from a conversion pamplet that was at my friends house.
Heck for all we know this could be the night Mighty Cthulhu rises from his oceanic slumber then you will know you were backing the wrong guy all those years

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Last night the moon was shining so brightly, almost as bright as the late afternoon. Tonight will be something special in astrological terms, however, I don't know about a rapture. Anyway, lets say, keeping within the bounds of the "end times" that there is such a thing. Then, from this perspective, perhaps "2012" is some kind of ploy, some kind of diversion - everyone waits for 2012, when in fact the real significant dates are before that. Anyway, if my dream world is anything to go by, there is definitley something happening to the population, definitley something in the spiritual/interdimensional world, people are definitley "changing" and are somehow being "prepared" for something. The annoying thing is, is that the only way to really know what it is about is to be one of those controlled people, but luckily, I am not. So if they all get taken aboard an interdimensional space ship to be used as food, or if their souls are taken from thier bodies and they are replaced by robot zombies, I will be none-the-wiser.
edit on 20-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

I agree, theres a lot of bashing of the op and his thread going on. And why? why waste time typing a whole lengthy post on how you disagree with something that you feel won't happen? would it not be simpler to just close the tab and move on to the next one?

As for the topic, I'm with the OP I've been feeling something unusual is going to happen

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I don't doubt you're ready to be raptured

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Like much of religion, he Noah story is a metaphor for a truly great flood that happened at the end of the last ice age when dammed up water in the Hudson Bay broke loose of its ice dam all at once, flooding the shores of the Earth and along with it, any budding secoast civilizations. Noah and his ark is the Biblical story of this flooding, one of many hundreds of flood stories that recount this event, which likely happened over 12,000 years ago. Many more people than just "Noah and his family" survived to tell the tale, which at this point is down to the very basics. You can visit the basics of all this with Graham Hancock's "Underworld," among other texts which document this.

You mean like in this thread I started a long time ago

Mega-Flood Triggered Cooling 13,000 Years Ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't think for a minute that I'm an obtuse uneducated uninformed yes-man. I've been connecting the dots for quite some time now. Maybe some of you should step back and try to see the bigger picture.

And to those with kind words: I thank you very much.
edit on 12/20/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Naked people flying out of graves...holy sh!t...lol"!

Check out this bible passage on the apocalypse: 1) there was a great earthquake and the sun became black and the moon became like blood, 2) and fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the THIRD ALL-STAR GAME and 3) the city has not need the sun to shine on it for the glory of God has illuminated and the lamp is the Lamb (respectively).

I had to highlight that...the third all-star game. There you have it. the prophet liked basketball...that's probably all he was trying to say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join