It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51??????? Does anyone have a clue what happened to Areas 1 thru 50? I am really wondering.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So yes we all know the GLOBAL militaries keeps their info coded atleast from the sheeple masses, so does anyone have a clue about area 1 to area 50 and why we never heard of them..

Figured I would ask?
Thanks for sharing IF YOU CAN

edit on 12/20/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The Federal Government owns a lot of land
in Nevada. It is broken up into areas (ie) Area 51
all around this area are other "areas"they are also numbered.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
So yes we all know the GLOBAL militaries keeps their info coded atleast from the sheeple masses, so does anyone have a clue about area 1 to area 50 and why we never heard of them..

Figured I would ask?

Nevada is seperated into multiple with Area 51 located in Area 51. Get it?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainGarden

DAMN! I always get off by like 2 minutes.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
The Federal Government owns a lot of land
in Nevada. It is broken up into areas (ie) Area 51
all around this area are other "areas"they are also numbered.

Fantastic!!!! Thank you for clarifying this for me

Well that is basically answering my question. Still wonders what area 01 is about??
thanks again

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Thank you non the less for the information.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hmm now that I think about it, all my life Ive heard of Area 51 and never thought of 1 through 50

So far I picked 10 (as in area 10) and found this:

Area 03 Roger Drake drakera@training.navy.mil 847-688-2753
Area 04 Sean Doughtery doughertysp@training.navy.mil 215-443-6338
Area 05 Robyn Strempski strempskira@training.navy.mil 757-445-2220
Area 06 Tameika Thomas thomastm@training.navy.mil 843-743-7518
Area 07 Shawna Ford fordsl@training.navy.mil 386-423-0477
Area 08 Rick Turner turnerrg@training.navy.mil 504-678-7217
Area 09 Raymond Connley connleyrl@training.navy.mil 901-874-5716
Area 10 William Lozano lozanowt@training.navy.mil 210-671-7646
Area 11 Lourdes Tovar tovarll@training.navy.mil 619-524-0525
Area 12 CDR R. Spencer spencerr@training.navy.mil 912-267-4200x6210
Area 13 Celia Mendez mendezcl@training.navy.mil 425-304-3631

Training.Mil

Each Area is in a different state....

Curious now...Thanks!

Just wanted to add that I have no idea if these "areas" are the same as those your referring to, just showing what came up in my search...
edit on 20-12-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Each Area is in a different state....

That would be amazing if each state had its own lil hide out. In my loc. state PA I suspect The Appalachians mountains for some strange reason

Thanks for the data

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by BrainGarden

DAMN! I always get off by like 2 minutes.

I just got lucky man,
Just missing happens to me all the time also

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I belive Area 51 got its name from the old gas works planning. It started off as a very small airfield and grew over the years as the military put more and more money into it for experimental aircraft.

Im trying to rember for the life of me where i found the article but it explains that if you look at the old gas work maps you can clearly see that Groom lake test base (Area 51) is situated slap bang in the middle of gas works area 51.

It eventually became slang to refer to groom lake as Area 51 as that was where it was situated.

If i can find the original article ill post it here. But im pretty sure thats where it got its name from. As for Ares 1 - 50, unless they built a military installation ontop of the gasworks again, i doubt they exsist.

However i wont rule anything out lol

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

WOW! Old gas works, thats very interesting and seems like a good way to give original names to these ODD locations. If you do ever locate that map please post it here I would be interested to see. Meantime I will try and locate aswell.
Thanks again for the input and help

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Jademonkey2k

WOW! Old gas works, thats very interesting and seems like a good way to give original names to these ODD locations. If you do ever locate that map please post it here I would be interested to see. Meantime I will try and locate aswell.
Thanks again for the input and help

Couldnt find the original map i had, but i did find this article that points to where the orignal name comes from. Its probably also worth pointing out that like i said before, Area 51 is a slang term, the government has never called it this or ever acknowledged the name.

Website Linky

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
More importantly, where's Area 52?!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Think i may have somthing else for you to get ya teeth into.

Oddly enough Wikipeada provided a good map of Areas 1 thorugh 30 of the Nevada Nuclear test range

However if you look at the original page wikpedia has on Nevada National Security, they is no mention of Areas 31 and upwards, i belive this is probably because its classified.

Original Wikipedia Page - Linky Linky

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

When i find that map ill let you know lol

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that you guys are really having this discussion. The history and location of the various area is well documented.

The Atomic Energy Commission (later Department of Energy) designated test sites in Nevada with area numbers. Most of these are part of the former Nevada Test Site (now known as the Nevada National Security Site) that includes Frenchman Flat, Yucca Flat, Jackass Flat, Ranier Mesa, and Pahute Mesa. This region is divided into areas with numbers between 1 and 31. The numbers are assigned in no particular geographic order. Some numbers (21, 24, and 28) were apparently never assigned. At one point Area 25 (the Nuclear Rocket Development Area at Jackass Flat) was known as Area 400 and Area 401.

Ranier Mesa (Area 12) was used for underground testing of nuclear explosive devices in tunnels. Pahute Mesa includes Area 19 and Area 20. Frenchman Flat (Area 5) was the site of above ground military effects tests of nuclear weapons, toxic chemical spill tests, and is the site of a low-level radioactive waste storage facility.

Area 11 (Plutonium Valley) was the site of Project 56, a series of four safety experiments, also known as plutonium dispersal tests. Another safety experiment (Project 57) was carried out in Area 13, five miles northwest of Groom Lake (Area 51). Yucca Lake (Area 6) is the site of an interesting airfield where unmanned aerial vehicles have been tested.

Area 52 is the Tonopah Test Range, at the northwest corner of the Nevada Test and Training Range. Area 58 was the Central Nevada Test Area in the Hot Creek Valley, between Tonopah and Ely.

As far as I know, area numbers 32 through 50 and 53 through 57 were never assigned. Of course, one of these might have been assigned to the Project Shoal site near Fallon.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's where that Phage guy lives. Know who I'm talking about?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Tonopah Test Range (TTR), also known as Area 52, is a restricted military installation located about 30 miles (48 km) southeast of Tonopah. The areas are not classified information its just based on topographical maps.

Oh one more thing this test facility is much more interesting then area 51 but has managed to stay out of the lime light. Its actually a test facility run by Lockheed Martin. This is where they really play with the tech of the future.
edit on 12/21/10 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Figured I would ask?

Here you go ... some of the missing area's

edit on 21/12/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
It's hard to believe that you guys are really having this discussion. The history and location of the various area is well documented.

The Atomic Energy Commission (later Department of Energy) designated test sites in Nevada with area numbers. Most of these are part of the former Nevada Test Site (now known as the Nevada National Security Site) that includes Frenchman Flat, Yucca Flat, Jackass Flat, Ranier Mesa, and Pahute Mesa. This region is divided into areas with numbers between 1 and 31. The numbers are assigned in no particular geographic order. Some numbers (21, 24, and 28) were apparently never assigned. At one point Area 25 (the Nuclear Rocket Development Area at Jackass Flat) was known as Area 400 and Area 401.

Ranier Mesa (Area 12) was used for underground testing of nuclear explosive devices in tunnels. Pahute Mesa includes Area 19 and Area 20. Frenchman Flat (Area 5) was the site of above ground military effects tests of nuclear weapons, toxic chemical spill tests, and is the site of a low-level radioactive waste storage facility.

Area 11 (Plutonium Valley) was the site of Project 56, a series of four safety experiments, also known as plutonium dispersal tests. Another safety experiment (Project 57) was carried out in Area 13, five miles northwest of Groom Lake (Area 51). Yucca Lake (Area 6) is the site of an interesting airfield where unmanned aerial vehicles have been tested.

Area 52 is the Tonopah Test Range, at the northwest corner of the Nevada Test and Training Range. Area 58 was the Central Nevada Test Area in the Hot Creek Valley, between Tonopah and Ely.

As far as I know, area numbers 32 through 50 and 53 through 57 were never assigned. Of course, one of these might have been assigned to the Project Shoal site near Fallon.

Star for you my friend, nice information thank you

I am still convinced however that there was a map with the missing areas documented. The only reason i got involved in this thread was because i remember seeing it. Either way your information is good. Thanks man

top topics

<<   2 >>

join