It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was I asleep or was this something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I ran into something a little strange a few weeks ago. As a matter of fact I was working on a post for ATS when it happened.

I was extremely tired and starting to doze off, and apparently I started dreaming. The thing is, I didn't stop typing apparently. I had been posting something about lost civilizations... I don't know why I would have been thinking what I ended up typing.

I dozed off while posting, and when I woke up a while later, the last thing I had written in the text box was "If they get near that frigate we've had it". I have NO idea what the hell I was thinking, and how I typed it in my sleep.

Is this there any state of consciousness where I would be thinking something, and be coherent enough to type it, while not being awake enough to realize that I had my head in the clouds?

EDIT:

Or maybe it was the government trying out their new mind-control devices... Or perhaps you were so tired... your mind was all loopy from exhaustion and made you think, or in this case type, a series of posts you never thought you would have before.

Point taken. My intent wasnt really to suggest my own spooky ideas for why it happened. I just thought this would be the place to find people interested in various states of consciousness and maybe have somebody explain how a person could be able to record their dreams with a keyboard... you have to admit it opens up some interesting possibilities.

(REMOVED the following: I don't really want to suggest that I was having some sort of past life regression or channeling or anything like that... I know nothing about those subjects. I just wondered what the best explanation is.)

[edit on 6-7-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Or maybe it was the government trying out their new mind-control devices... Or perhaps you were so tired... your mind was all loopy from exhaustion and made you think, or in this case type, a series of posts you never thought you would have before.

join