It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2011

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It would seem to me that although minor, this volcano will do its part
to the rise in ocean level. That is of course if there isnt something sinking elsewhere.
Bangkok wouldnt like that info..
I am looking forward to more video time compilations of this event.. is truly awesome to see,
wish I could be there to witness.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Huge eruption of Congo volcano

Just found this

xfinity.comcast.net...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
katla is asking for attention from us....

en.vedur.is...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
For those who might be interested in Nyamulagira, Congo here is a link to a regularly updated web site.

www.ecgs.lu...

Here is another link with some brill pictures of trips to visit the volcano....gorillas and an activ volcano in one trip...heaven!

gorillacd.org...

Nice charts abd graphs in the first link of the lava flow and eq's too.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

great pictures, looks hot

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hi all, I don't post in here, but read all the time, and I just wanted to say you all are awesome for tracking the world's volcanoes like you all do.

Anyway, I came across this photo from last year of the E eruption in Iceland (my obsession lol), and I had not seen it posted here on ATS before. If it has, my apologies, but I thought that some of the volcano and northern light fans out there might like this, I thought it was pretty cool.

Enjoy:

www.mnn.com...
edit on 21-11-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Kilauea Volcano Erupts in Hawaii - 25th Now 2011

TextThis report on the status of Kilauea volcanic activity, in addition to maps, photos, and Webcam images (available using the menu bar above), was prepared by the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory (HVO). Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park status can be found at www.nps.gov... or 985-6000. All times are Hawai`i Standard Time. KILAUEA VOLCANO (CAVW #1302-01-) 19°25'16" N 155°17'13" W, Summit Elevation 4091 ft (1247 m) Current Volcano Alert Level: WATCH Current Aviation Color Code: ORANGE Activity Summary for past 24 hours: Back-to-back DI events continued with the most recent DI inflation at 8 pm last night and the summit lava lake rose with tilt. At Pu`u `O`o, incandescence was visible from sources on the crater floor and on the southeast flank. Lava flows were presumed active southeast of Pu`u `O`o although no satellite images were available. Seismic tremor levels were low and gas emissions were elevated. Past 24 hours at Kilauea summit: Back-to-back DI events continued: the summit tiltmeter network recorded mini-DI inflation at 8 pm last night and the lava lake level started to rise immediately. The summit GPS network recorded line length changes that mimicked the tilt superimposed on very weak extension since late October. A small amount of ash-sized tephra, mostly fresh spatter, was wafted within the gas plume from the summit vent and deposited on nearby surfaces. The most recent (preliminary) sulfur dioxide emission rate measurement was 700 tonnes/day on November 23, 2011.
link(volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
USGS--Taking the Pulse of Newberry Volcano

So this news release was from August 2011, and then I read somewhere on USGS last week(looking for page...), that the new stations were to come online in a few days--but I haven't seen anything new on PNSN. Has anyone else noticed new webicorders for Newberry?
Just as an aside, eight stations for a volcano not many people have heard of, is a little disconcerting to me. How many does Rainier have? Or Mount Saint Helens?

ETA: Here is the page I was thinking of, the Cascade Range Weekly Update from 17 Nov 2011
edit on 11/27/2011 by Olivine because: add link

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
ALERT!

Sakurajima smoking from TWO places today!

www.opentopia.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
OK....I know it's EDIS, but this is all I have to go on just now.
Anyhow below are the activities that have happened at Mount Tambora ("Year without Summer".....erupted the year before Krakatoa)
2011-11-30 04:26:22 4.7 191 Km
2011-11-07 22:04:33 4.7 40 Km
2011-06-17 17:59:03 4.5 300 Km
2011-03-20 03:32:08 4.7 112 Km

I realise today's report is a deep one, but could these depths signify magma movement I wonder?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
and in todays headlne news on bbcs site more scare mongeling ...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Ford Cochran says that the 500 or so tremors in and around the caldera of Katla just in the last month suggest "an eruption may be imminent"

i checked the islandic met office and found nadda to confirm what bbc wrote...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here's a slightly different volcano eruption reported by our 'friends' EDIS

"Wandan mud dome, one of Taiwan's 17 active mud volcanoes, erupted early Friday after nearly a year of inactivity, spilling mud flows of up to two meters high. Up to noon Friday, hot gray mud was still spewing from the volcano in Pingtung County and residents could be seen lighting fires nearby to burn off the gases emitted by the volcano. The mud flowing from three cracks in Hsinyuan Township spread to a public cemetery and a corn field but no other damage was reported. The eruption occurred south of Wandan Township, where the first eruption in the 1720s was recorded. The eruptions typically take place once or twice every year near the border between the two towns. There has not been an eruption in Hsinyuan itself for nearly half a century, according to residents. "

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

You are correct. The BBC should listen to Frimman:

"Bogus news story going around about Katla volcano

Posted on November 25, 2011 by Jón Frímann

There is a bogus news story about Katla volcano. The bogus news are that Katla volcano is just few days from erupting. This is wrong. At the moment there are no signs that Katla volcano is about to erupt. There is currently a relative quiet in Katla volcano, compared to the activity several weeks ago. But that activity started after the minor eruption in Katla volcano in July 2011 (this summer). This bogus news is also annoying the staff at Iceland Met Office, how are now getting phone calls about this news. Where other professionals are trying to get more information on this or just trying to figure out if the news is correct or not.

For the moment, it is all quiet in Katla volcano. If there are any changes. I am sure to write about it here with up to date information on what is going on. While the Yellow Press is looking for big-foot or something. So once again, the yellow press has it wrong and spreads minor panic following this poor news reporting.

News about this in Icelandic.

Nágrannaþjóðir óttast Kötlugos á næstu dögum (DV.is, Icelandic)
Norskir miðlar: Óttast flóðbylgju í kjölfar Kötlugoss – Getur gosið hvenær sem er – Kötlu illt í maganum (Pressan.is, Icelandic, Picture from the 1918 eruption in this news)"

www.jonfr.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A VOLCANO has erupted in eastern Indonesia, forcing the closure of a nearby airport and blanketing villages with thick ash.

No injuries have been reported.

State volcanologist Surono said Mount Gamalama spewed clouds of thick grey ash into the air late yesterday.

Slow moving red lava was also visible at its peak.

Surono, who uses only one name, said an airport in Ternate, about 30 kilometres from the volcano, was closed today.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

Volcanic Eruption Closes Indonesian Airport

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Interesting. I have been seeing these reports and although I did not check them out I said to her wot sits beside me that this was rubbish.

I believe this stemmed from some pratt in the National Geographic who started pontificating about it. Like they know anything!! Bleedin' warmists.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Mud volcano in Taiwan expels mud up to two meters deep

On Dec- 3 Wandan mud dome, one of Taiwan’s 17 active mud volcanoes, erupted early Friday after nearly a year of inactivity, spilling mud flows of up to two meters high. Up to noon Friday, hot gray mud was still spewing from the volcano in Pingtung County and residents could be seen lighting fires nearby to burn off the gases emitted by the volcano. The mud flowing from three cracks in Hsinyuan Township spread to a public cemetery and a corn field but no other damage was reported. The eruption occurred south of Wandan Township, where the first eruption in the 1720s was recorded. The eruptions typically take place once or twice every year near the border between the two towns. There has not been an eruption in Hsinyuan itself for nearly half a century.

Link
edit on 5-12-2011 by AncietSoul because: ..

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Uh oh.

NASA's Landsat finds problems under Yellowstone's Old Faithful

NASA's Landsat satellites have been tracking Yellowstone's underground geothermal activity, a deep heat that is stored 4,000 miles into the earth's core. But there are areas where these energy levels are becoming erratic. Old Faithful could be in trouble.

Up until recently, the heat coming from Yellowstone's underground magma chamber has always been the fuel for over 10,000 of the volcano's features: Old faithful, hot springs, geysers, mud spots, terraces and mud pots. But NASA is reporting that the Landsat imagery has picked up some unexpected developments outside the park's borders, also picked up by energy companies beyond the park's borders.

"If that geothermal development outside of the park begins, we need to know whether that's going to cause Old Faithful to suddenly stop spewing," says Rick Lawrence of Montana State University.

Doom! YAY!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
please keep an eye out for the UPCOMING VOLCANO WATCH 2012 THREAD WHICH WILL BE UP. THE LAST WEEK OF DEC .

iv already got it planned out to the letter .......

2012 will be a awesome year for everybody . but who knows maybe mama nature has something really big for us planned .. we must wait and see.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join