It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2011

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

On Friday, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology warned visitors and tourists against venturing near Taal’s crater after they (Phivolcs) had noted increased carbon dioxide levels in the area. Taal is a major tourist attraction. But Phivolcs head Renato Solidum Jr. said carbon dioxide levels in March were more than four times what they were last year. “Masyadong mataas ang carbon dioxide na lumalabas sa kanyang crater. Last year 1,000 tons per day, tumaas itong taon. Since January, 2000 tons per day. At sa March, 4,600 tons per day (The levels of carbon dioxide at the crater area are very high. Last year, the levels reached 1,000 tons a day. This rose to 2,000 tons a day in January. But in March, the levels went further up to 4,600 tons a day)," Solidum said in an interview on dzBB radio Friday.

Article

edit on 2-4-2011 by thinkingthing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ruapehu is warming up and aviation code is raised to yellow, alert level 1.
Geonet

Thread started here to bring awareness.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Thanks for that link Robin. I wonder how many people in NZ are aware of the Grafton Volcano in/under Auckland?
2nd

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
bernama

South Korea to meet with North Korea a 2nd time on Mt Paekdu

upi

Oregon volcano,Newberry to get 8 seismic and gps monitoring stations
edit on 6-4-2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

agi

AGI) Palermo - There has been a concerted series of explosions and landslides on Stromboli. Over the last 24 hours, monitors at the Vesuvian Observatory have picked up fifteen seismic signals associated with mild landslide events, all along the Sciara del Fuoco (Stream of Fire). Most of these events were follow-ons to the explosions and can therefore be attributed to rolling debris

edit on 6-4-2011 by mugger because: add

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The things that make you go "hmmmmmmm......"

BEND, Ore. -- According to the United States Geological Survey, Newberry Volcano is one of the volcanos that may erupt in the next 100 years.

The 50,000 acre Newberry National Volcanic Monument located south has been generally quite since scientists started watching it, but activitiy could be picking up and soon.

KOHD - Oregon News Article

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Thanks for the link Susan - I read a little
about this yesterday but not the report.
I certainly hope it settles down. Mother
Earth is definitely upset this year.

Blessings to those in the wake of the volcano.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
viva news

Indonesia's most active volcano Merapi has seen a new lava dome formation at a diameter of 400 meters recently."The dome is resulted from the latest eruption which has expanded to 400 meters in diameter,"

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The event coincided with the departure of a South Korean delegation to the North's city of Gaeseong earlier in the day to discuss the volcanic nature of Baekdu Mountain on the North Korea-China border. Professor Yun Sung-hyo, an expert on volcanoes and one of the presenters, said the mountain may well erupt.

latest talks on this volcano

www.arirang.co.kr...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Strong explosive eruption

Bezymianny volcano on Kamchatka

Could affect climate

www.iceagenow.com...

14 Apr 11 - A strong explosive eruption of Bezymianny volcano on Kamchatka began last night raising the alert code to RED for the region, says meteorologist Joe Bastardi.

With preliminary reports of ash at least to 33,000 feet, the volcano's activity could affect international and low-flying aircraft, and climate.

Bezymianny was thought to be dormant before the major eruption of 1955/56. That eruption may have played a role in the turn to colder in the late 1950s. It has been intermittently active since along with many others on the very tectonically active Kamchatka Peninsula.

If this eruption turns out to be significant, it would be the fourth straight year with high latitude volcanoes. Recall last year the Iceland volcano eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull caused enormous disruption to air travel across western and northern Europe - the highest level of air travel disruption since World War II.

webcam:
data.emsd.iks.ru...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't know why this volcano isn't mentioned on this thread because it erupts on a daily basis! Here's the link :

www.niternat.com...

mclinking

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Have you read this entire thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I watch it daily, tho I did miss the eruption today

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No I didn't, naughty me. But the link I sent relates to yesterday with a video. Japan isn't out of the wood, more likely to sink soon.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
look at this! time sensitive!

webcam-svo2.pr.kyoto-u.ac.jp...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That volcano cam is awesome....which volcano is that and where in Japan is that located?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebird4

This will tell you everything you want to know

ds.data.jma.go.jp...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks for the web cam link. I couldn't get it to
work for me yesterday. I like the way in pans in
for a closer view. Can you tell us which volcano
this is and perhaps when it began erupting?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

That is SAKURAJIMA

My post just before yours gives a link that will give you some idea of its location.

And here's a page that can give you some history.

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join