It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to Alex Jones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Anyone have any idea why Alex hasn't put up infowars billboards? These billboards don't even (and shouldn't be IMO) have to be ads for the actual infowars site, but rather for the ideals the site represents. I put a couple ideas in the comment section.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

Thats a great idea, would the power at be allow it though? There is certain legislation that covers different aspects of marketing and advertising e.g. tobacco companies in the UK are not allowed to advertise there products. I dont no if this is the same in the US if their isn't any legislation stopping Alex Jones from advertising his messages I am sure the US Government would soon find a way to stop it.

S&F

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg

Thats a great idea, would the power at be allow it though? There is certain legislation that covers different aspects of marketing and advertising e.g. tobacco companies in the UK are not allowed to advertise there products. I dont no if this is the same in the US if their isn't any legislation stopping Alex Jones from advertising his messages I am sure the US Government would soon find a way to stop it.

S&F

Some billboard companies probably wouldn't put up the billboard if they think the message is too controversial but the government can't do anything. Of course they could pressure the billboard company to take it down like they pressure sites not to accept donations for Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I would imagine it is because of economics. Billboards cost money, reach a limited audience, and are relatively inflexible - meaning a total overhaul is required to update them. Whereas hosting a few web domains can actually be a profitable venture. Jones gets enough hits on his sites to generate money FOR posting his own messages, as well as generating publicity for his other ventures. His site is also a storefront for his products.He gets PAID to throw his image on things, not the other way around.

And before anyone jumps up and suggest that Alex Jones cares NOT for money... Allow me to post what appears at the bottom of the Prison Planet page...

PRISON PLANET.com. Copyright © Free Speech Systems LLC 2010.

So, the answer to your question is pretty simple: Profit maximization, like any other Corporation would seek.

~Heff

edit on 12/20/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I would imagine it is because of economics. Billboards cost money, reach a limited audience, and are relatively inflexible - meaning a total overhaul is required to update them. Whereas hosting a few web domains can actually be a profitable venture. Jones gets enough hits on his sites to generate money FOR posting his own messages, as well as generating publicity for his other ventures. His site is also a storefront for his products.He gets PAID to throw his image on things, not the other way around.

And before anyone jumps up and suggest that Alex Jones cares NOT for money... Allow me to post what appears at the bottom of the Prison Planet page...

PRISON PLANET.com. Copyright © Free Speech Systems LLC 2010.

So, the answer to your question is pretty simple: Profit maximization, like any other Corporation would seek.

~Heff

edit on 12/20/10 by Hefficide because: typo

Umm are you saying because Alex Jones copyrights his material that means he's mainly or even only in this infowar for the money? That is pretty easily disproven considering ALL of his shows are uploaded to his youtube channel which is free. His documentaries are also uploaded to youtube, and he even encourages people to burn them to DVD and hand them out. He copyrights his material so people don't copy it and then sell it for profit.
edit on 20-12-2010 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm saying that one doesn't need an LLC to copyright anything. One needs an LLC to limit liability and for a variety of tax and intellectual property management purposes. LLC stands for "limited liability company".

And, maybe the most telling reasons to have an LLC... they are far less subject to regulatory oversight and can provide a shelter for hiding personal wealth from the potential of lawsuit.

Is anyone really naive enough to believe that there is anyone in the media who is NOT out to get rich and famous?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'm saying that one doesn't need an LLC to copyright anything. One needs an LLC to limit liability and for a variety of tax and intellectual property management purposes. LLC stands for "limited liability company".

And, maybe the most telling reasons to have an LLC... they are far less subject to regulatory oversight and can provide a shelter for hiding personal wealth from the potential of lawsuit.

Is anyone really naive enough to believe that there is anyone in the media who is NOT out to get rich and famous?

~Heff

Alex Jones is out to get rich, but not so he can buy expensive homes and cars. It's so he can expand his business and improve the quality of everything infowars does.

top topics

join