It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Agent Accused of Stealing Tax Refunds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

IRS Agent Accused of Stealing Tax Refunds

www.nbcnewyork.com

Most taxpayers feel like Uncle Sam is simply taking their money, and one IRS agent may have proven the feeling correct.

Fern Stephens, a revenue officer at the Internal Revenue Service, is being charged by the U.S. Attorney's office for stealing more than $160,000 in unclaimed tax funds from 12 taxpayers, according to federal court documents.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hahaha....Wonderful...

As if we didn't ALREADY have enough to deal with, with these folks harassing us into paying up vast amounts of our hard worked incomes to big brother.

In this case at least, this individual was caught and is facing punishment. But this makes me wonder how many other instances of this type of criminality and thuggery take place that never get reported or are called into light, due to people being intimidated by this operation?

www.nbcnewyork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow...great find, I mean if anything it just sheds the proper light on what the IRS in general is doing to us every quarter. May this agent get her proper share of the downside.

(And this is a preemptive on the swell government apologist that always sees fit to tell us all to just pay our taxes blah blah on all of these types of threads...well I do, but it doesn't mean that the amount of taxes and what is done with them is remotely close to appropriate. For instance the taxes wasted in Iraq and Afghanistan would equal 30k in every single citizens pocket in the US..)

It would be interesting to see just how many other cases like this there are...Is the IRS as under scrutinized as the Federal Reserve? I imagine so, as they are both privately held corporations no?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If you think thats bad you should check out what the UK HMRC (Her Majesties Revenue and Customs) have been doing.
The company that owns the buildings in which HMRC does its business , is one of the biggest tax dodgers in our nation, and is charging the HMRC extortionate rates for its in house service and supply functions. Buying office supplies from thier catalouge costs well over the odds, and there is a contractual obligation which means that HMRC employees are not allowed to purchase equipment and supplies anywhere else, for use within the building.
You or I would pay about seven or eight pounds for a new optical mouse, assuming we got a decent deal. HMRC procurement procedures ensure that the same mouse would cost a whopping £68.99! You or I would pay £14 roughly for a desk fan, but HMRC get charged closer to £80. Is this a good way of securing our taxes? Is this the sort of spending you expect from faceless government departments in a recession? NOPE!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
In reality the IRS has become one huge cash cow for criminals from the Queen of England right on down to John Doe!

Last year a major ring of people defrauding the IRS was broken up in Monroe County Jail in the Florida Keys.

A savvy inmate had learned to fill out the form the IRS provides when your employer fails to provide you a W-2.

He and a dozen others managed to get the helpful IRS agents to mail the needed forms to them at the Monroe County Jail and too even deposit their illegal refunds into their commissary accounts in the jail!

Ka-Ching!

The fraud doesn’t stop there, ever since the rapid refund program which allows scrupulous and unscrupulous tax preparers to electronically file ‘your’ refund, and then if they choose make a ‘refund loan’ to you, unscrupulous preparers are happy to find all kinds of deductions you don’t qualify for, get you a refund far in excess of the taxes you had withheld, and cut themselves in for 18% or more in the process by ‘loaning’ you, your refund money on the spot.

Meanwhile other even more criminally minded rings scour trash bins for names, birth dates and social security numbers and ‘rapid file’ masses of fraudulent claims on honest tax payer’s social security numbers starting on January 2nd. By the time the honest tax payer fills out their return sometime between January 30th, and April 15th, you will find your own return delayed, as the IRS flags the double dip on your Social Security Number.

They will eventually pay you too, but expect a 6-8 week delay as they cross reference the two refunds under the same social security number and investigate.

Some inner city dwellers are so dependent on the high dollar returns earned from fraudulent returns, they claim that their neighborhoods would not be economically viable places to live if it weren’t for the once a year infusion of big cash courtesy of the IRS.

Meanwhile the whole process itself is unlawful based on the constitution, and the improper ratification of the IRS Act.

The IRS actually operates under the ‘color’ of the Alcohol Tobacco and Firearm’s Agency, which is actually still employing the ‘stamp act’ (check your cigarettes or bottle of liquor for a state tax stamp) that the Revolutionary War was actually fought over. (Supposedly if you like our fictional history books)

The IRS is in fact nothing but a collection agency (foreign owned and controlled) for outstanding debts to foreign interests including many that are pre-revolutionary war in nature.

There certainly is not much honesty amongst thieves anymore!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hah! Great find!

Par for the course as far as I'm concerned. How much of this theft goes on without the knowledge of anyone at all? How much of this is institutional in nature?

We may never know, unless we abolish the IRS.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hi, Do you have a link to that story, please?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Unfortunately this is information which was told to me by an associate whos employment would be in question were this to come out, and were I to provide paperwork, or trackable references. I am however working on trying to get some official word on it. Its likely to take some time. If you really want to know more I suggest you put in your own request for the information. The more people ask, the less they can get away with delaying tactics wise.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thanks for that, I was surprised I hadn't read about it anywhere!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
let us look at what the federal reserve and the capital is stealing from us. we already know what the irs is stealing

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah I get like that with brand new info ! Its so new, its not even news yet! As I say , hopefully more later. Although how much later I have no idea!

top topics

join