It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strangest Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So, I have no idea how old I was, but I had to be pretty young .. probably 7th or 8th grade.

Now, I'm not a religious person at all, but I've studied theology and I've been in Catholic school most of my life. I'm not into that sort of thing though, because the more I learn about it, the more I begin to realize that it just isn't quite right ... anyway, that's a discussion for another thread.

Anyhow, so I was between 12 and 14 and I had a dream. I don't remember any part of the dream (either right afterward or now, many years later), except one. This is the strangest part ... I wasn't really "conscious" of the dream until this specific moment. As in, I had no idea I was dreaming or whatever -- it was like deep sleep where your mind sees nothing.

So anyway, right when I realized "wait a minute, I'm conscious ... and this is a dream", I heard a deep voice come from somewhere say, "Do you want to be a healer, or bleeder?". It was a deep voice with an English accent. I can't remember if someone said it, or if it was a voice-over, or whatever. Afterward, I woke up.

Now, I don't know what this means or what it possibly came from. During this point in my life I accepted my religion and didn't really question it.

The odd thing about this experience is how vivid it was and still is. I remember it like yesterday -- but only that portion. The more I think about it, the more I'd like to know where in the hell it came from and what it means.

I have these hypotheses:

1) It was just my mind putting crap into my dream from outside influences
2) It was a telepathic communication of some kind from an earthly source
3) It was something trying to tell me something about a choice I had to or have to make (from some sort of spiritual source)
4) It was "God" or some religious being trying to talk to me.

Option 1 I find hard to believe because I can't imagine what could have prompted me to think that. Even right after the incident I thought about what it could be, and I had no idea.

Option 2 still doesn't answer WHOM it came from and WHAT it means.

Option 3 is what I'm most likely trying to believe, but it still doesn't explain WHAT it means.

Option 4 is the one I don't believe because I don't believe in God and I have no idea, if God exists, what he'd mean by that.

I do believe in some sort of afterlife, some sort of super-physical existence that is above consciousness, perhaps on another "plane of existence" or some sort of "hyper-dimension". I really have no way of explaining it, and it really is out of the scope of this thread.

So, my question to all of you is:

What, in your opinions, could that have come from, if any source?

And, what, in your opinions, could that possibly mean, if anything?

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Hawk]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
well your gonna get a lot of different posts...cuz its whatever the person believes in...
ask a doctor and he'll tell you somethin scientific
ask a priest and he'll tell you it was a message from god
ask an ATS member and he'll tell you anythings possible :-P

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
nevermind the why's and where'fores. what did you become:
a healer, or a bleeder?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Interesting, that saying sounds EXTREMELY familiar. Perhapse it was from a TV show? Maybe you and I are linked!!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by chakra blue
a healer, or a bleeder?

Thats exactly what i was goin to say...

before you can analyse the messege, what did it promt you to do?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Bandit

Originally posted by chakra blue
a healer, or a bleeder?

Thats exactly what i was goin to say...

before you can analyse the messege, what did it promt you to do?

I didn't know what it meant... not to mention what I'm supposed to do regarding it.

All I can say is I really haven't become either ... although I'm not sure what it means to be a "healer" or "bleeder"... but I'm pretty sure I'm neither (hey that rhymes
).

... and I've tried to figure out what TV show it came from, but I pretty much remember every movie on screen or on TV that I've ever seen and that was not from one of them.

Basically it prompted me to do nothing... and until I can figure out what the hell it means, I'm stuck at doing nothing.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Hawk]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Healer = Maby healing people (physic way area) ?

Bleeder = The people who bleed from where Jesus supposingly bleeded (Reming people that God and Jesus exists)

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, I'm thinking something a little less complicated. Kind of like being a leader or a follower. We all are one or the other.

Healer - Natural born peacemaker

Bleeder - Strife Maker...problem causer

Although, I think you could actually be a healer and a bleeder you are more naturally cofortable being either one or the other.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just a thought if it occurred during a time when you were questioning religion but couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with it.

Maybe it was your subconscious mind trying to help you think about :

whether you want to be a healer (learn why religion feels wrong to you - heal your mind by finding out what exactly it is that feels wrong about it)

whether you want to be a bleeder (blindly accept religion and live your life following religion even though you know in your heart something doesnt feel right - bleeding as a wound from your soul)

So what did you do follow religion or question it?
I think your subconscious could be fighting against your acceptance of something that doesn't feel right.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would have to think healer is just what it sounds like, healing people, the first thing I thought of when you said bleeder was the stigmata. If you were a religious person it would be easy to make this a religious thing, basically a priest would say would you want to heal to glorify God or bleed as Jesus did to proclaim his word. I would imagine it was probably just a dream caused by the outside influences of Catholic school.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
maybe it was god and satan talking to you through your dream. and a healer is someone who chooses god and can be healed and a healer of the satanic people.
bleeder is someone who bleeds in the underworld...just a thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
or god is telling you to be a healer and follow willingly.
or a bleeder as a mesophiliac someone who bleeds through christ.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Maybe it was God, or your subconscious or some other source - but I think the more important thing is to figure out what it actually meant. Then you can figure out who or what it came from. Maybe it meant:

Healer = Peacemaker

Bleeder = Worrior

These are two important and necessary qualities in every civilization. We need peacemakers to keep order but we also need warriors to protect. I see them both as positive but they also both have their negatives. A peacemaker is obviously a desired quality as it theoretically brings goodness to all but peacemakers can be easily overthrown and trampeled upon. Thus we need the warriors to protect the peacemakers and uphold the order that we have established. So if this is the crossroads you have come to which will you choose? Peacemaker or Warrior?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk
Anyhow, so I was between 12 and 14 and I had a dream. I don't remember any part of the dream (either right afterward or now, many years later), except one. This is the strangest part ... I wasn't really "conscious" of the dream until this specific moment. As in, I had no idea I was dreaming or whatever -- it was like deep sleep where your mind sees nothing.

So anyway, right when I realized "wait a minute, I'm conscious ... and this is a dream", I heard a deep voice come from somewhere say, "Do you want to be a healer, or bleeder?". It was a deep voice with an English accent. I can't remember if someone said it, or if it was a voice-over, or whatever. Afterward, I woke up.

I wouldn't suppose you would feel like sounding that out phonetically?

for example: did "a bleeder" sound like Ah Bah Lee Door?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

Raphael - clue me in. What does this mean? And does it also work for "a healer".

What are you onto?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkitty

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

Raphael - clue me in. What does this mean? And does it also work for "a healer".

What are you onto?

What am I onto? That would be hard to explain without being extremely confusing.

I will simply say, "AH Bah Lee Door" sounds quite a bit like "abah liy duwr" which should roughly translate as "consent god dwell"

Edit: a healer if it sounds like "Da Hee Ore" sounds like "day uwr" which would be "Abundance Fire"

The "or" between if "a healer" sounds like "Da Hee Ore" would also be uwr.
uwr uwr would be a REALLY big fire, possibly symbolic of "damnation"

[edit on 6-7-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I had two similiar instances... when I first used a ouija board by myself, and when I first went astral.

In regards to the board, I felt as if I was in a massive grip of something... my entire body was being moved... and I heard the voice as I spelt out "It has begun"

And with astral, once again, I felt hands grab me and pull me backwards, through this white hallway (no distinction between walls/floor/ceiling), with what appeared to be blue squares to the left and right of me... once again, a voice saying "It is not the time"...

I think anyone having involvment with paranormal things has had similiar tales, but with you, I think the question was obvious.

Are you a healer? Will you help the people, protect them, aid them... heal?

Or are you a bleeder? Will you kill to protect, will you sacrifice to do what is right?

Both can be used for the same purpose... protect and help those who cannot. But the actions are different. Myself, I'm a bleeder...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Now I'm very curious Raphael. Is this Hebrew? And does the other phrase translate "a healer" into anything relevant?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkitty
Now I'm very curious Raphael. Is this Hebrew? And does the other phrase translate "a healer" into anything relevant?

Yes. That would be hebrew.
But my hebrew is so rusty, it could just be instructions on how to poach an egg.

(Be sure to read my edit in my last post)

Edit: "Wish to be" if it could sound like "Ish Too abee" would roughly be "Man sweep away (my) father"

Still working on the "do you"

Edit: hmmm... Possibly "Doob You" (duwb yuw) which would be "Cause sorrow god"

Mind you some of these "words" are parts of words that are in the Torah and are not ever used by themselves.

If it could sound like "Doob you ish too abee da hee ore ore ah bah lee door" this would translate to english to read "cause sorrow god. man sweep away (my) father. abundance fire fire. consent God dwell.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
My first thoughts on do you want to be a healer or bleeder would be your subconscious mind trying to determine if you want to help people (healer) or hurt people (bleeder). It does sound like a struggle between good and evil over which side you want to be on. I consider myself a good person and once had dreams where I got to experience what enjoying evil felt like. Those dreams scared me after I woke up and remembered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join