It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Vehicle On 5th Avenue NYPD Closes Several Streets Around Scene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Suspicious Vehicle On 5th Avenue NYPD Closes Several Streets Around Scene

www.myfoxny.com

MYFOXNY.COM - The NYPD has closed several streets on the East Side of Manhattan to investigate a suspicious vehicle. The car is parked on 5th Avenue near East 82nd Street.

The NYPD bomb squad has reportedly been called to the scene.

Fire department officials tell FOX 5 News that they received a call about the suspicious vehicle at about 9:40 a.m.

SkyFoxHD is headed to the area.

MyFoxNY.com is updating this story.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nypost.com

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Im looking around locally for more info. Hope it's nothing, but keeping this updated...

This is on the Upper East side of Manhatten, a few blocks off Central Park.

Just found an article from the NYpost that says its in front of Metropolitan Museum of Art. A spokesman for the NYPD confirmed the bomb squad is on sight. It is too early to know how long the investigation will take.

Still Looking for updates...

www.myfoxny.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
D ailyNews

Police shut down a stretch of Manhattan's Fifth Ave. Tuesday to investigate a suspicious vehicle parked near the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The avenue was closed to traffic and pedestrians from 79th to 85th streets. Investigators called in the NYPD bomb squad to probe the gray Honda minivan parked at 82nd St. and Fifth Ave. Home to some of the world's most treasured works of art and antiquities, the Met is one of the city's most popular tourist attractions.

I had to look at the article twice since today is Monday and it says Tuesday

edit on 20-12-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Two officers saw a gray van with blankets covering up the windows on 82nd Street around 9 a.m., police said. The officers became suspicious of the van because the back of it was dragging low to the ground, police said.

I can understand the windows being covered...blankets? Ok. Obviously theres something heavy in the car. The article says the museum is closed on Mondays..

Dnainfo.com

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'd like to know if any 8" high plastic robots were spotted leaving the scene?
They're out for revenge, I tell ya!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Why it's obviously a scandinavian or a tea bag person who is behind this.

Nevermind the middle-eastern fellow running fom the scene.

Sorry, just going by the last 15 bombing or attempted bombing incidents. . . . . .

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yeah, gotta watch out for those toy robots....

Seriously, though, while I can appreciate the officers' concern (quite a task, these days....), this whole 'treat everything like it can take out the city' approach is beginning to get ridiculous (just ask the robot's lawyers...). Closing an entire street? Really? Once upon a time, a beat cop would go up, tap the windows, look in and have it impounded. Beginning to get the distinct impression we are meant to live in a state of constant fear. Oh yeah....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yea, Im not at the edge of my chair concerned, I listen to my scanner all the time and every week I hear a few reports of suspicious cars and the squad being called in but I decided to post this because it was showing up in all the local news channels.

It did seem through the radio that this was more of an urgency but I was multi tasking and probably mistook it.

BTW this is live video
SkyFox
edit on 20-12-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join