It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government 'creating vast domestic snooping machine'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

US government 'creating vast domestic snooping machine'

www.rawstory.com

The government is creating a vast domestic spying network to collect information about Americans in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks and subsequent terror plots, The Washington Post's Dana Priest and William Arkin reported Monday.

The government is using for this purpose the FBI, local police, state homeland security offices and military criminal investigators, the daily added.

The system collects, stores and analyzes information about thousands of US citizens and residents, many of whom have not been accused of any wrongdoing, the report noted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The world of George Orwell and "1984" creeps ever closer.
The www. is at the same time a tool for openness, freedom for users and control by the ptb.
I don't for a minute think the govt. wants to use this new technology to keep us safe; but to actually create a high tech cage where we can be monitored, controlled and enslaved.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh, but don't you know that the only way to keep us safe is to lock us in a cage and feed us lies to make us believe that we are free? The real world is so big and scary and noone wants to deal with it. So much easier to protect ourselves from the make believe monsters than it is to learn how to deal with the monsters that really exist.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A lot of data is stored in supercomputers in remote desert locations in the South-West US. Apparently they are owned by telemarketing corporations that can acquire a surprising amount of data from individuals through simple means, or just by buying the data off of third-parties (like magazine subscriptions, credit cards, etc).

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Good post! I thought I would also post the link from the article above. It's 8 pages but it was a must and interesting read, it really shows the extent our gov is going to spy on us,it's insanity. It's also filled with lies that most on this forum will detect, my BS meter kept going off. I'm convinced that this TSA scanning crap is not about our safety as much as it is about collecting data and biometric data to be used against us. What do you do? I don't see much stopping it at this point.
projects.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Some will post about how this is all for protection, some will moan the loss of freedom, but the only thing certian is NOTHING will be done about it. We have gone from a country of freemen to a country of slaves licking the boots that kick us.

I am starting to think we deserve this

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i just read through the comment section of the article... interesting
im not a U.S. citizen, i grew up in east germany, but for some reason i liked this one "So it seems those pesky liberals were right...."

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Since I accidentally made this topic for the second time, here is the other article that this post is missing :

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Assuming, for a moment, that we aren't being manipulated for the purposes of providing food to a higher cause...

Your government does need to protect you. Not necessarily your rights, or your individuality, but you as a living, earning and most importantly spending individual.

Governments depend, for their own wealth, upon a productive (if not necessarily healthy) economy.

Current economic systems are based on consumerism.

Consumerism depends on consumers.

Consumers - currently - do most of their spending while alive.

So your government is trying to protect "you", as in the "you" that enters pin numbers, works for a wage and adds to their coffers.

They're not trying to protect the "you" that is different from any other, though, or happy, or in need of support... they just need you to live long enough to pay taxes and have children, so your children can pay the taxes on your funeral arrangements.

(sic., sort of)
edit on 20/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The world of George Orwell and "1984" creeps ever closer

It's all ready here.

Read my location.

Good post, short and sweet.

Yes we are being tagged, monitored, watched, logged into data systems, filmed (even in the nude/body scanners)

Yep 1984 is here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18a89f8e8448.jpg[/atsimg]

The picture above is in German and I believe it says "See everything".
edit on 20-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: caption for picture added

top topics

join