Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NASA Responds to 2012 Theories

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com...

Donald Yeomans from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's Near Earth Object Program says he doesn't expect anything very exceptional to happen in 2012.

Even a geomagnetic reversal would not be a major event, he says.

He says that one cycle of the Maya calendar is simply ending on 21st December 2010 and another one is starting on 22 December 2012..

He also says there is no evidence that Niburu or Planet X is hurtling towards earth.

Video:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

But then again, The guy could just be another Self-Oppinionated prat

Hes doesnt really go into details

Then again "Youve got to be very carefull where you go for your information" lol

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Donald Yeomans from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's Near Earth Object Program says he doesn't expect anything very exceptional to happen in 2012.

Even a geomagnetic reversal would not be a major event, he says.

He says that one cycle of the Maya calendar is simply ending on 21st December 2010 and another one is starting on 22 December 2012..

He also says there is no evidence that Niburu or Planet X is hurtling towards earth.

Video:

Youre preaching to the choir on this one.

I think the hard science backs up most debunking of the subject rather well. It is staggering how many people do not have their facts in order.

But thats just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yeah! We need to trust NASA to show us the way
They've never lied to us, have always given us information the way it really is

Way to go NASA and all your nutcases

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I do agree that the whole 2012 thing has been blown out of proportion. Y2K syndrome anyone? It's like saying Dec 31st each year is the end of the world....

Although I will say this: the Mayans were ruled by a God from the stars, a God that was obsessed with TIME and the passage of the ages. The calender ends when it does for a reason; only time will tell?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I know there are no grounds to trust government sponsored NASA either, I just think its worth looking at all points of view. There's a lot of (imo unnecessary) fear being generated about 2012 - even the Mayan prophecies are positive, according to what they themselves say.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am by far not saying you should trust NASA. I am saying that you should do more in-depth research and get supplied with the facts.

I wish I had more time today, and I would love to list some resources that are NOT debunking sites...they are just scientific fact. Unfortunately I am moving over the next couple of days, and I may not have internet much longer.

But seriously, check the facts. Just as you would anything else.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
2012 = www.youtube.com...

more of her talk in zurich- part 1- www.youtube.com...
part 2- www.youtube.com...

namaste

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If NASA are telling the truth (which they more than likely are NOT), how would they even know if something was going to happen in 2012. What are they, time travellers? Psychics? No, they are the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Most people assume that if something happens in 2012, it's going to be some sort of physical, end of the world Armageddon scenario. This was never implied in any Mayan prophecy.

I believe if something were to happen on that date, then it's going to be either some sort of spiritual awakening to our true potential as a species, or some sort of genetic upgrade that causes this mass spiritual enlightenment to take place.
How would NASA even know about that?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm surprised there's not more comments on this thread.

I searched for this video again today, and I'm glad I did.

It eases the anxiety. So for a moment I can stop feeling the way a dog feels before a thunderstorm. lol

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join