It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboy warned by police over picket plan at David Cameron's office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Schoolboy warned by police over picket plan at David Cameron's office

www.guardian.co.uk

Nicky Wishart, 12, told he faced arrest if public disorder ensued and armed officers would be present.

The mother of a 12-year-old boy has criticised Thames Valley police for taking her son out of lessons because he was planning to picket David Cameron's constituency office today.

Nicky Wishart, a pupil at Bartholomew School, Eynsham, Oxfordshire, organised the event on Facebook to highlight the plight of his youth centre, which is due to close in March next year due to budget cuts.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If you didn't laugh you'd cry. I heard this young lad on the radio today. BBC Radio 2 on the Jeremy Vine Show. The worst thing he did was post a message on his Facebook page telling his friends about the demo to save his youth club.

Apparantly it was anti-terror police who visited him at school (without his mum being present)....and threatened him with arrest , as the organiser, if things took a violent turn.

LOL...Vine said to his mum, 'You don't get many terrorists being driven around by their mum.'

I've posted the link for the show - if you scroll down you can just click on 'listen to the latest show' to hear the lad.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
First and foremost, shame . Unfettered, and vast quantities of shame on the people who decided that this matter should be dealt with by the anti-terror groups within the police force. Shame on the police representative, who questioned and bullied this socialy aware and intelligent young man. Shame on his head of year, for allowing the interview to take place on school grounds, and without the mother present. And shame on all of the UK for voting ineffectively , and allowing the finacial fascists which now sit in government, into power.
It is most certainly NOT normal for an interview of this nature to occur, especialy when the organiser is a child of 12. How utterly inappropriate.
I must also congratulate the young man in question for his determination to see this matter through. In the face of the stern , and frankly threatening choice of words on behalf of the police , I could forgive a chap of his age for cancelling the whole event. This in mind, praise must be due to him for his courage, and his solidarity at this point.
I feel it is important to recognise the clear differences between protest and demonstration, and the term "terrorist". It is our democratic right, under both UK and EU law (yes I hate the EU, but sometimes they are helpful to the citizen) to protest over matters which irk us, to march in the streets we own, and to raise banners, get pledges, and petition government for immediate change to the things that we do not agree with. This young man has merely outlined for us, in the starkest possible terms, that the right we hold so dear, that comes with democracy, that sets us appart from communism, fascism and other methods of governance, is now up for argument.
Protest and demonstration are tools which the people are to use to prevent thier case from going unheard. They belong to the people, and the veiws of the people. They are there to highlight the issues of the day, and to insist that no matter how a government may spin a peice of information, the people affected by changes, or lack of action, are the truely important people in any equation. The methods used in protest are very simple, and as long as they are not interupted , or prevented from going ahead (usualy with the intent of taking the wind out of the protest) they are largely peaceful, if a little untidy and loud.
Terrorism is not the same thing by any stretch. Terrorists (in the true sense of the word) do not rally , and do not protest, march or in fact reveal themselves, certainly not in this country. No matter from where they come, they are devoted to death and carnage as thier tools. Nail bombs, suicide vests, car bombs, attacking infrastructure, acting as a guerilla military unit , in order to change or decapitate the leadership which causes thier ire. This of course marks them out from protestors. Its in the name. Protestors are not people who use fear and violence as the main tool in thier belt.
If the government, and its agencies wish to brand every man woman and child who refuses to accept unacceptable sociological circumstances as a terrorist, then they will soon have a million strong uprising on thier hands, and will be crushed underfoot ! By that token no one in my nation can be classified as anything other than a terrorist. If something makes our lives harder , then no matter how rich or poor we may be, we may when our back is against the wall fight like a tiger to change it.
When my nation went to war in Iraq, there was protest in the streets , and people thronged the capital. They thought it was wrong. They didnt blow up the houses of parliment over it (though no one would thank them for thier restraint in that matter), they didnt murder civillians and policemen until thier demands were met, they just protested. This child has that same right, and he has the right to protest unmolested and without these spurious threats and hidden promises of lethal violence.

join