It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important. Pet Food Recall. Product May Contain Fatal Toxins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I know this doesn't remotely come under the category of 'conspiracy', but I wanted to flag it up anyway because it's so important.

==============================================================================

The Kroger Co. is recalling select pet food packages from stores in 19 states fearing some of these products may contain aflatoxin, a toxic chemical byproduct that could be harmful to animals.

The recall involves certain bags of Pet Pride Cat Food, Pet Pride Kitten Food, Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food, Kroger Value Cat Food and Kroger Value Chunk Food, the company said Saturday.

The Kroger Co. urged customers to immediately consult with their veterinarian if their animals show any signs of sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat. A yellowish tint to the eyes or gums, severe blood or diarrhea are also warning signs, the company said.

States with Kroger-operated stores included in the recall are Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

MORE AT LINK...

www.cnn.com...

From the Kroger site:
www.kroger.com...(2).pdf
edit on 20-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Dec 28 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
WHAT IS THE POINT IN KILLING PETS!? They are the one thing that makes being distracted and ignoring reality worth it. Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Fortunately I'm clear on this, but I wanted to thank you so much for posting this. It's the first thing I've clicked on this morning......

You're absolutely right about this being an urgent issue.
I hope everyone else is okay, too.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Human grade food. Take the time and effort to prepare a human grade but dog balanced meal.

I wont eat out and I avoid packaged stuff so do my dogs. The CDC and FDA are only there to fine or bribe after the fact. They cant prevent your poisoning. Theyre reactionary, like cops.

Such horrible suffering to think simply feeding your family pet could result in its death. I cant even imagine.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
WHAT IS THE POINT IN KILLING PETS!? They are the one thing that makes being distracted and ignoring reality worth it. Disgusting.

This isn't about killing pets directly, this is about profits and skimping on standards and testing.

I guess there's going to be one heck of a lot of lawsuits coming in Kroger's direction. Good!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Thank you, now we have a conspiracy - so the thread now qualifies for ATS!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Definitely important, thank you for posting this. I have a neighbor I believe uses Kroger food though I don't know which, so I'll pass this on. It's ridiculous how often pet food gets recalled. The people working for those companies must not have any pets, or they'd be more careful.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Geesh! and youde think animals eat better than we do! i love cats, always have. We had a cat, a maine coon, when i was 12, around 1987. turned out the cat was diabetic, he'd have this pink lump that would grow on his chin, and the vet would give him something like benadryl to make it go away. but he also had stool problems,a nd as he got older, wede have to take him tot he vet on many occassions, becuase of blockage. the vet doctor, would always tell me and my parents, its becuase of their food* the canned bi product stuff is no damn good for them, same as the hard food cats eat, the common commercial brands, like meow mix, kitten, ect..thier all the same to a greater or lesser degree. thier FULL, of bi products and perservatives that in reality, are bad for cats. thats what caused his bowls to back up and affected his liver.
He did put him on a strict cat food diet, rather, change of food...kinda pricey cant remember the name but it was healthy cat food he sold, free of bi products and fillers. And of course, the cats* didnt like it, because the commercial brand names tasted better. Its kinda like if you go shopping..thiers the brand name which tastes better, and brand x the store brand which is usually not as good ro much blander.
Ive read the ingriediets on many cat n dog food packages. youde think they eat lke 10 times better than we do! But in reality, breaking down the ingrieidents,...its not healthys stuff at all. If i ad a cat now, he/she would be eating nothing but healhty and organic. In fact, watching green planet, about recycling, they showed how to make pet food from scratch. boil rice, cook some meat, steam some carrots , peas ect..mix em up just like it was for yuo and serve* its more pricey of course to do it that way, but from what ive learned about commercial brands...if you love yuor pet as if its one of you..treat them right
and take good care of them

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Ive read the ingriediets on many cat n dog food packages. youde think they eat lke 10 times better than we do! But in reality, breaking down the ingrieidents,...its not healthys stuff at all. If i ad a cat now, he/she would be eating nothing but healhty and organic. In fact, watching green planet, about recycling, they showed how to make pet food from scratch. boil rice, cook some meat, steam some carrots , peas ect..mix em up just like it was for yuo and serve* its more pricey of course to do it that way, but from what ive learned about commercial brands...if you love yuor pet as if its one of you..treat them right
and take good care of them

According to a number of sources, cats cannot digest cooked food. How they survive at all on the rubbish that they are fed generally is beyond me. Having said that, most cats spend the day/night killing the birds that I fatten up with birdseed so perhaps that's their workaround.

Here's one site that explores this subject quite thoroughly:
Dogs and Cats Optimum Nutrition: The Raw Food Diet

But for a real treat, read about Dr Pottenger's cat diet tests in this PDF

Perhaps the most important of all the animal experiments with raw and cooked foods are those of Dr. Francis Pottenger, Jr., one of the world’s great physicians and food scientists. These were conducted at the long established Pottenger Sanitarium in Monrovia, California, and covered a ten-year period. Both white rats and cats were employed. Rats given heated milk suffered from many kinds of deterioration, and the change in trabeculation of the bones was particularly noticeable. With the cats the experiments were reported in great detail and covered a large number of animals. A total of 900 cats were studied, and complete records were kept of nearly 600 of them. Through generation after generation the animals were studied, and Dr. Pottenger has issued the detailed results of the experiments as they apply to growth, reproduction, and all phases of the animals’ health.

In these tests the animals were fed upon meat-scraps (including the muscle, bone, and viscera), milk, and cod liver oil. The animals were divided into various groups, depending upon the condition, whether heated or unheated, in which their foods were given. Some of the cats were fed entirely upon raw meat and raw milk; others were given two-thirds cooked meat and one-third raw milk. In some cases raw meat and pasteurized milk were used. A number of cats were also fed sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, or raw metabolized vitamin D milk with raw meat. Cod liver oil was used by all animal groups.

The cats fed entirely upon raw meat and raw milk remained in excellent health in all cases. Physical development was virtually perfect and the cats reproduced in homogeneity from one generation to the next, maintaining large skulls an thoraxes, broad faces with prominent malar and orbital arches, broad and well-formed dental arches, adequate nasal cavities, and large and long bodies. The cats were quite free from vermin, infections, and parasites. The membranes were firm and of good pink color. All evidence of degeneration was absent. Abortion occurred very seldom; the size of the average litter was five, and all of the mother cats nursed their young in a normal manner. The cats possessed excellent equilibrium. Organic development was complete and normal physical and mental function was the general rule. Death resulted only from old age or injuries sustainedin fighting. None of the cats died from disease.

You're right that this is a conspiracy and the FDA, etc are no doubt fully aware of the inside secrets of the food manufacturers. They will only act when their rears are hanging over the fire.

new topics

top topics

join