It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me give you all a little bit of advice.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eabdb1e8ef8e.gif[/atsimg]

Pointless thread is pointless...

On the other hand, I would have to say that:

"Pointless post is not only pointless, it reveals the sincerity of the poster."

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Your rant is 100% on target!
I remember ago the owners put SOS in the logo because of the behavior of some bully's causing havok.
Today they should $$$...because the high rankings are racking in money. However, the quality of most of the new members is pathetic...none have been banned so they telling their friends here.
Springer put the plee out, but not clean house was the wrong decision.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Now how could you say that...that was a well thought out, carefully reasoned and in depth statement.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah difference in opinion is soooo bad, too bad the thing your knocking is the reason for this thread and this sites entire existence.... The reason your ideas get ridiculed and shot down is because you have already passed it as fact in your mind without ever laying out any sort of evidence, the burden of proof does not lie with the skeptic or debunker....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Yeah difference in opinion is soooo bad, too bad the thing your knocking is the reason for this thread and this sites entire existence.... The reason your ideas get ridiculed and shot down is because you have already passed it as fact in your mind without ever laying out any sort of evidence, the burden of proof does not lie with the skeptic or debunker....

Wrong.

Difference of opinion is GOOD. Debate is GOOD. Discussion is GOOD.

But using CHARACTER ASSASSINATION TECHNIQUES is BAD!

The rant is about how people refuse to debate fairly and will go straight for Character Assassination!!

It is NOT acceptable and it is not legit debate.

So let's say I said the sky was blue. And you said I am a bad person because I did "X" 10 years ago, therefore I am not credible. That's using character assassination. It has NOTHING to do with the subject of debate, it merely tries to shift the focus to the person. A common tactic.
edit on 20-12-2010 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
In almost every thread there are those that come to degrade and humiliate other people. The UFO and 9/11 are the most popular for these people. They are not interested in expressing their opinion. They receive their high by humiliating others. The thing that confuses me the most is that it only takes a sentence or two into their response to recognize these individuals, yet so many continue to read their degrading and humiliating replies. They don't even stop there. They feel the need to respond to them and to chastise them. They do this as though they think that they are going to change their opinions. The truth is that most of these people do not really have opinions about the subject matter that they are replying to. I am not directing this to skeptics or Debunkers. I would not want to be a member of ATS if everyone shared the same opinion. I have changed my opinion on certain subjects based on information that some skeptics have given in a particular post. But it doesn't take much understanding to separate those who are skeptics and debunkers from those who simply degrade, humiliate and harass. I stop reading their replies after the first few sentences, and I try very hard not to respond to them. Responding merely feeds their hunger.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Unfortunately you are empowering the behavior you despise by describing, in detail, how much it upsets you. Now there will be giggles and taunts directed at you and behind your back in top secret chat rooms and forums.
In case you haven't noticed, everyone here is incredibly crazy. I only come here because I'm doing top secret government studies on the activities of these numbskulls.
If you insist on rolling around in the mud with these jackals you're gonna get some stink on you.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I thank everyone for posting here on this rant.

Unfortunately, most you you did not seem to get the point. I am sorry if that is the case.

The only person on here, who seems to "get it" is Muzzleflash.

This rant is about attacking the op in a personal matter and wandering completly off topic. That';s it.
It seems that whenever a sceptic or debunker cannot find any credible way to debunk the op, they retord to personal attacks and insults.

Oh, and to the person who said i sounded like a 13 year old or teen ager, i apologize. English is my third language, and at least i put forth an effort to learn new languages, instead of just one. So if my spelling and grammar is bothering you, sorry for that. But let's see you speak my language ok?

Thanks

VvV

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wow, man. I bet you feel better after getting that off your chest.
I agree, people need to be more civil. It's okay to disagree with someone. It's human nature. Don't rip into them on a personal level, though. That's just wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join