It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me give you all a little bit of advice.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yes, everyone on this site, needs a bit of advice.

You sit there on you throne, looking down on the people beneath you. Belitteling them, mocking them, judging them. Who, put you in such a position? Who gave you the right? Are you omnipotent? Do you know everything?

A person with good intentions comes up with a theory, an idea. You shoot him down. You mock him. Why, you think you know better, are you the Lord?

Someone believes he captured a ufo, or an alien, yet you belittle him. You will rip him apart in your questioning, until he submits, and out of pure frustration and tiredness admits he faked it, even thought he did not.

You force him to lie, to question himself about his own believes, you misguide him, derail him, yet feel good about it. You revel in it. You love it. It is your sole purpose it seems.

You see, the open minded and the pure of heart, can NEVER ask their questions, can never have the point of view expressed, without it being ridiculed. You who drink your coke from a glass, you who eat out of a plate. You think you are civilized, but you are not. You think you are clever, pffft, maybe by your own standards. You think you know everthing, yet you have never explored all possibilities.

A person took time to write a thread, no matter how inconsequential it is, no matter how insifnificant in your critical and perfect world. He put effort in his thread, he spend time committing his thoughts to share with you, yet you discard this, you only think of your selfish self. It all revolves around you.

Then you go into chat, and belittle him some more, you analyze his psyche, you dismember him like an insect, until eventually there is nothing left of him. You and your pack of hyienas then cackle in the late hours of the night about another person dreams and believes that you have just destroyed.

I pity you, i feel empathy for you, i wish i could make you see, see how wrong you actually are. How you have an impact on their lives, without you knowing it, cause you are to wrapped up in your borito roll of a life, that you cannot see the cheese sauce being put over you.

So let me give you some advice: Look around you, think about what you are saying, think about the impact you have, try seeing things from different perspectives and broaden your horizons. You will be a better person for it. One day i might come to like you, or maybe not. One day there might be peace on this site, but one day might be a day to far into the future. So try it from today. Try and make a change.

This is for you Mr.Debunker, Mr. Skeptic and Mr Know-it-all.

Peace for you all. Oh, and merry christmas.

VvV

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Didn't even bother to read all of your rant, seems like a lot on nonsense to me...
But.. Are you not one of these people you talk about.. Sitting on your throne, drinking coke... Blah blah blah...

Let me give you a little bit of advice, before you go of on a rant like that.. Don't contradict yourself, makes you look a little bit stupid...

Oh and yeah merry Xmas to you too.. Hope you have a good one..

Oh and btw, is that not the point of a site like this where people can express their opinions, no matter if they contradict the op?
edit on 20-12-2010 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Ty mate, you know what irony is, you know what sarcasm is right?

I really really appreciate your comment, and the fact that you took time to answer. Thank you.

And thanks for the christmas wishes, same to you.

Oh, and now you are judging my rant. Seriously? Judging a rant? Do you see the irony here?

VvV
edit on 20-12-2010 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: afterthought

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Amen man lol

Lets not forget that 90% of the world belive in a god in one form or another. Yes if someone says they have spoken to god they are labled a nut or a loon. Hypocracy at its finest lol.

The internet is a true product of freedom, people can now express thier thoughts and views regardless of what other people think. Iv been ridiculed hundreds of times but i keep posting and researching, why? Because I choose too.

Dubunking is not all bad, it does sort the fakes from the real, the only problem is when somthing cant be debunked the skeptics really dont like it. They moan and cry like a child thowing all its toys out the pram.

Anybody with half a brain and a minimum of scientific knowledge will tell you, we love it when someone proves us wrong. You;v just elimiated another avenue of research that would have otherwise wasted time. We are now free to persue other unknown areas.

Thats the difference between science and religion, they are both seekers of truth, but science is a process of elimination, we like to be prooved wrong as much as we do right.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Word.

S+F

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by Misterlondon

Ty mate, you know what irony is, you know what sarcasm is right?

I really really appreciate your comment, and the fact that you took time to answer. Thank you.

And thanks for the christmas wishes, same to you.

VvV

Yeah I know what sarcasim is.. Lowest form of wit they say..

Only joking, To be honest, it's difficult to know if someone is messing around or being completely serious when you are reading text..

I gave you a S&F anyway

edit on 20-12-2010 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Hey VVV!

I debunk in your general direction!

Then I star and flag you because I love rants! Oh, and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Years, or whatever variations you personally prefer, to you and yours!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

really mr adviser ?? everyone ?? guess you don't get here often, eh?
well, do enjoy the show and try to remember, this site specializes in conspiracies. Much like the USAs govt seems to specialize in crises ... surely you've heard the motto -- if one doesn't exist, create one.
pretty much the same applies here. from your rant, it would seem, your attempt at fiction was not well received ... do try again, newcomers are arriving daily
... in the meantime, try to have fun.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

really mr adviser ?? everyone ?? guess you don't get here often, eh?
reply to post by Honor93

Well now, from your registration date on ATS, Registered: 4-12-2010, it would seem i get here more often than you mate. So debunked on that point.

from your rant, it would seem, your attempt at fiction was not well received

Sorry to dissapoint mate, but this rant was not aimed at anyone that ever debunked me or any of my beliefs or thoughts, it is a general observation, i am neutral on all points, until i have researched and assimilated the information.

do try again, newcomers are arriving daily

Yes, again from your registration date, Registered: 4-12-2010, i can clearly see that.

Thanks

VvV

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
S&F

Happy holiday.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes, everyone on this site, needs a bit of advice.

You sit there on you throne, looking down on the people beneath you. Belitteling them, mocking them, judging them. Who, put you in such a position? Who gave you the right? Are you omnipotent? Do you know everything?

A person with good intentions comes up with a theory, an idea. You shoot him down. You mock him. Why, you think you know better, are you the Lord?

Someone believes he captured a ufo, or an alien, yet you belittle him. You will rip him apart in your questioning, until he submits, and out of pure frustration and tiredness admits he faked it, even thought he did not.

You force him to lie, to question himself about his own believes, you misguide him, derail him, yet feel good about it. You revel in it. You love it. It is your sole purpose it seems.

You see, the open minded and the pure of heart, can NEVER ask their questions, can never have the point of view expressed, without it being ridiculed. You who drink your coke from a glass, you who eat out of a plate. You think you are civilized, but you are not. You think you are clever, pffft, maybe by your own standards. You think you know everthing, yet you have never explored all possibilities.

A person took time to write a thread, no matter how inconsequential it is, no matter how insifnificant in your critical and perfect world. He put effort in his thread, he spend time committing his thoughts to share with you, yet you discard this, you only think of your selfish self. It all revolves around you.

Then you go into chat, and belittle him some more, you analyze his psyche, you dismember him like an insect, until eventually there is nothing left of him. You and your pack of hyienas then cackle in the late hours of the night about another person dreams and believes that you have just destroyed.

I pity you, i feel empathy for you, i wish i could make you see, see how wrong you actually are. How you have an impact on their lives, without you knowing it, cause you are to wrapped up in your borito roll of a life, that you cannot see the cheese sauce being put over you.

So let me give you some advice: Look around you, think about what you are saying, think about the impact you have, try seeing things from different perspectives and broaden your horizons. You will be a better person for it. One day i might come to like you, or maybe not. One day there might be peace on this site, but one day might be a day to far into the future. So try it from today. Try and make a change.

This is for you Mr.Debunker, Mr. Skeptic and Mr Know-it-all.

Peace for you all. Oh, and merry christmas.

VvV

I guess you should consider yourself lucky that you are able to engage other people through a web site because if we look at our not too distant past, then your views and ideas would have resulted in you being put to the torch. Isn't it wonderful how far modern society has evolved so far, lets see if it going to survive the next millennium.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes, again from your registration date, Registered: 4-12-2010, i can clearly see that.

The joke is on you, bud! You registered 9/2/2010. He registered 4/12/2001. Dates are backwards here from how you normally write them in South Africa. 4-12 is April 12th. 9/2 is September 2th. So, yup, he registered before you did. But c'mom, though. You both registered in 2010. You are both newbies in the greater scheme of things.

So anyway, thanks for the rant, but the next time someone claims to have been an alien in their past life or claims the Illuminati are gpoing to feed our souls to their reptilian gods, I think there will be some skepticism here. Get over it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Have you been watching those old Christmas movies that are shown this time of the year?

"Miracle on 34th Street" or "Its a wonderful life",maybe.

Or "Mr.Smith goes to Washington".

Your little diatribe sounds suspiciously familiar.

There will always be those who disagree with others point a view.

There will always be on this site those who are older and more learned,with set opinions and beliefs.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Man who live in glass house shouldnt play with slingshot inside.. There will always be those who question things its human nature.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Aren't you being a little hypocritical?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I LOVE ATS!!! the only thing is when a 13 yr old start to rant with a lot of obcenities or a rap of stuff that sound like teen talk.Maybe and only maybe we start understand the bettween the lines communication.If anyone uses high school languaje i usually close my participation,so dont bader..........Im here to learn......more.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eabdb1e8ef8e.gif[/atsimg]

Pointless thread is pointless...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My penis will defeat you.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

There will always be on this site those who are older and more learned,with set opinions and beliefs.

Age has no bearing on intelligence. I know smart kids and idiotic old people, and vice versa.

Also, being "learned" is NOT the quality of having set opinions or beliefs.

If anything, people with set opinions and beliefs are the most ignorant of all.

Anyone who has wisdom, who has learned anything of substance, will know that setting your opinions in stone is what we call "close minded".

Being open to alternate possibilities is the key to unlocking intelligence. Consideration should be given to all avenues, while at the same time skepticism and in depth questioning should be applied.

I view all humans as equal initially, and allow them to propose any theory or hypothesis. I flagged this thread because I agree with VVV for the most part.

People who ridicule others for their ideas are the most childish and immature there is. To cover their own personal failings and ignorance, they attack others on a personal level.

The only debates I consider worthy are ones that focus on the subject, and discuss the ramifications of that subject and it's points for and against.

Personal attacks are logical fallacies and have no place in real debates.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
My penis will defeat you.

This is a perfect example of immaturity.

There is no place in an adult conversation for this childish nonsense.

Grow up dude69.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join