It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does a ufo need headlights ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
let me start by saying that i do believe in life on other planets . it is simply numbers that bring me to this conclusion . if you play the same powerball numbers for 10 billion years you will eventually win twice .
it has always bothered me that ufos have lights , why would they need them ? if you are capable of interstellar flight i would think you could navigate in the dark . stealth fighters fly in the dark , i'm not a military man but i assume all airforce planes fly with the lights off in hostile regions . you can't navigate in the sky at night with lights they serve no purpose except to be seen by other pilots . it's a safety concern above all else . lights would be useful on the runway only . so why do ufos have lights ? they are either bold and don't care which is contradictory because they would land at the whitehouse and say "we're here" or they are something else altogether .
i would like to hear some input from some of you because if you think about it , it doesn't make sense for ufos to have headlights .
peace out and merry xmas .

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
headlights are essential for travelling through space (it's dark up there). Also for travelling through cosmic fog and letting other ufo's in the vicinity know your whereabouts.

What a silly question

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

thanks for clearing that up . i was unaware of the dire cosmic fog situation . i didn't know that so many ufos were buzzing about , maybe we should have ufo traffic control , or maybe that's what area 51 really does .

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by drell777
if you are capable of interstellar flight i would think you could navigate in the dark . stealth fighters fly in the dark

True, I guess these UFOs with headlights aren't extraterrestrial then. On the other hand maybe these lights aren't headlights but are a by-product of their propulsion system. Who knows though....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by drell777

Drell,

No one would ever could give you the real answer, no one knows if they even exist.
So, why does they got those light on?
Well can't that be alot of things?

They come million and million miles away (lets assume they does), and the use these lights.
Well, just because humans use those light for navigations that doesn't mean that aliens would do the same.
Do you get my point?
They would could use those light for 1000 of things, maybe even things we would never could understand.
It could be a light which controls the magnetic field around them,
or, it could simply be a navigation light.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Who knows? Maybe the lights (colors) have something to do with the energy source that powers the craft? lol can't really get a serious answer out of this, but all I can suggest is you think outside the box on this one. Maybe they have some sort of alien night vision? Remember.. if ET's are as highly evolved as some assume, maybe our earthly physics don't apply to them. Sometimes it would hard to be able to reach a conclusion on such a thing, because we can't get past applying our laws and physics to these situations. There could be a very simple explaination!

But i'm gonna go with the night vision theory

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You seem to presume that the lights seen on Ufos are headlights and I'm presuming
you haven't seen a Ufo up close enoigh in order to determine if it has 'headlights'.

i agree with the last poster that the lights may actually be from the propulsion system if you believe some Ufos are actually crafts of some sort. If you consider that some 'Ufos' may in fact be some kind of plasma phenomena or meteoric in origin then that would explain the occurence of lights.

On the question of why do they make themselves so obvious with these bright lights, well
either their motives are beyond our comprehension, or they simply don't care as we can't catch
them anywhere. For all we know there could be 10 of these 'craft' flying round without lights for
every 1 lit up like a xmas tree, we wouldn't know would we!

personally i think that as there are a million different explanations for Ufos, there 's going
to be as many reasons as to why they are lit up.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Dr Richard Haines of NARCAP was asked the same question in a Paracast interview (download link).

He said, "To be seen."

It makes sense to me. Seen by who? That's anyone's guess.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Dr Richard Haines of NARCAP was asked the same question in a Paracast interview (download link).

He said, "To be seen."

It makes sense to me. Seen by who? That's anyone's guess.

well, if they want to be seen by us- then I suppose they could do it better...

I mean, come on.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
For me the need for lights is silly, I'm sure a far sighted sonar type of visual would be more likely traversing space and its debris at speed. For me the only time they would need them is if they want to read the ATS blog or sit in the little boys room

Seriously, no, I see no need for them, if they wanted to be seen then as someone said they are doing a pretty rubbish job at it with all that technical skill. The basic thought process most people take is that they come to visit and to watch, that would suggest a logical reasoning of not wishing to disturb or be seen. So to have a million and one lights would suggest wishing to be seen.

We as people don't voyage the oceans using lights, the only time they are used is for close up inspections of rigs or well heads.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Apology, double post..
edit on 20-12-2010 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, the Aliens are...well...alien and percieve light in a different manner than we humans do?

Failing that, probably a propulsion system artifact? Energy transfers usually produce heat and light as a by product of a reaction.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Regarding the lights on the UFO craft. If we take as a given that the UFO you are talking about are in fact inhabited, and are craft in which alien lifeforms travel the stars , then a number of possible explanations for the lights on the craft come to the fore.
Its very true that if a craft can reach our planet, from some distant place in space then it is going to be technologicaly advanced to some degree. Assumptions of course are dangerous, but I think this is a fair one. Now , baring that in mind, we can have no true idea of the reason for the presence of lights on , or eminating from a craft that we know comparitively little about !
For all we know that point of light may not be a headlight as such, but may be evidence of a form of navigational, or scientific scanning equipment. Lets face it, humanity has no real idea of how UFO function, hell we havent even agreed on where they are from, how many kinds there are, what it all means, and who is piloting the damned things! Some lights may be explained by some form of shielding, scanning, communication or other devices that we can neither name nor fathom the workings of.
Until we have a UFO close at hand for detailed study, with the aid of the pilots in assessing the capabilities and functions of its workings, we can say nothing for sure , except to prove further our own ignorance. In fact, our ignorance of the subject, even the most learned of us, is the only thing about UFO and alien craft, that we can in fact, be certain of.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The lights of the UFO are in no way used for the aliens vision, lol. The aliens are able to "scan" the area, I believe from great distances away. The main light you will see is when they make visible the fusion between their process that Bob Lazar describes, this is a glowing white light that can look brighter than any light you have seen.

Why do the aliens choose to have colorful lights usualy rotating around their craft?

The answer is why not, just because the aliens are insectlike in a way does not mean they don't involve colors in their life and culture. In fact the Stephenville sightings were more colorful than I could imagine, and multiple reports confirm there is a purple/pink glow of light on the caverns of Dulce, along the corridors. The aliens beam to abduct people is blue. During a cattle mutilation the craft has been witnessed to turn orange. Before an abduction or mutilation the craft can have a red light.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The lights are probably there to help them avoid collisions.

That is why we have them.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by drell777
let me start by saying that i do believe in life on other planets . it is simply numbers that bring me to this conclusion . if you play the same powerball numbers for 10 billion years you will eventually win twice .
it has always bothered me that ufos have lights , why would they need them ? if you are capable of interstellar flight i would think you could navigate in the dark . stealth fighters fly in the dark , i'm not a military man but i assume all airforce planes fly with the lights off in hostile regions . you can't navigate in the sky at night with lights they serve no purpose except to be seen by other pilots . it's a safety concern above all else . lights would be useful on the runway only . so why do ufos have lights ? they are either bold and don't care which is contradictory because they would land at the whitehouse and say "we're here" or they are something else altogether .
i would like to hear some input from some of you because if you think about it , it doesn't make sense for ufos to have headlights .
peace out and merry xmas .

Well, if some of these night time ufos are ET, then it would make sense to have ights on at night, just to show us that they arehere. Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It could be a delicate way of saying "We are here". Slowly getting us used to their presence, for one day they may make contact with us. There would be mass panic if....say dragons just appeared all over the world WITHOUT allowing people a glimpse of them from time to time before contact. Humans fear the unknown. Or like previous ATSers have mentioned, It could be a byproduct of their propulsion system.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Their is the notion that even in the darkest, deepest cave, their is light.

I am able to open the shutters of my camera for minutes at a time in a dark environment and i will be given a fully lit image to a certain degree.

Beings other then humanity could perhaps need no light level at all in order to see perfectly well in absolute darkness. Especially if they were some type of plasma or light based organism.

-G

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think probes need them but I would assume some craft have technologies to see a large mineral deposit like the asteriod belt and form simular skin exterior material to take being hit by material within asteriod belt. Allowing the CRAFT to pass through and obsticals in its way why only taking a couple hits on its exterior.
edit on 12/20/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If they are here to explore maybe the lights are to attract insects and other types of life.

top topics

join