It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with my avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
O.K. I have been here at ATS for a while now...(much longer than my registry date) and I had never created an avatar. So tonight I decided to do so. I went to my profile and watched the tutorial on creating avatars and mini profiles. However I did not want to create a mini profile....I just wanted an avatar.
So I added a picture to my pictures and then went to options and set it as my avatar.

My problem is....it is not showing up as my avatar on my profile or my posts....
I am not sure that my avatar would show up on posts that I made previous to creating my avatar but I do know that it should show up on my profile.

I did this about 10 minutes before I posted this question. I am not sure if it has to be approved or what is going on.
All help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakal26
O.K. I have been here at ATS for a while now...(much longer than my registry date) and I had never created an avatar. So tonight I decided to do so. I went to my profile and watched the tutorial on creating avatars and mini profiles. However I did not want to create a mini profile....I just wanted an avatar.
So I added a picture to my pictures and then went to options and set it as my avatar.

My problem is....it is not showing up as my avatar on my profile or my posts....
I am not sure that my avatar would show up on posts that I made previous to creating my avatar but I do know that it should show up on my profile.

I did this about 10 minutes before I posted this question. I am not sure if it has to be approved or what is going on.
All help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

This is occuring with mine as well! I hope we have a solution to the problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Mods....can I get a little help here?
Sorry I am impatient but usually when I ask a question it doesn't really take this long to get an answer.
All this time...no avatar....I WANT A FRIKEN AVATAR

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

Copy and paste this into the ' your avatar' box of your account...files.abovetopsecret.com...

You access the account by clicking on the 'Tools+' button and the avatar field is a half way down. Click the submit button beneath the avatar field and you're done.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks....That done it...
YEEEAAAAHHH....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

Cool.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I tried, it asked me to log in again... Name and PW are not working.. So I ask to have my PW emailed to me, says my name "deebo" doesn't even exist. I started to watch the avatar tutorial but it must be old because certain things he was clicking on are not there at the top anymore. Lil more help? Thanks.

Deebo

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Maybe you have to set up the account from scratch? I just tried checking out your media profile and it doesn't exist. When I set mine up, I kinda remember having to enter a new password.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Deebo

Maybe you have to set up the account from scratch? I just tried checking out your media profile and it doesn't exist. When I set mine up, I kinda remember having to enter a new password.

Yea I have tried that a few times in the last few months, just tried again and this is what it says..

"Sorry, Signups have been disabled. Please check back later! "

Oh well.. one day maybe.
Thanks for the reply though.

Deebo

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

I'm having the same problem loading Avatar, loads on my media page but not ATS forum. when I click to watch vid it tells me "mature warning turn off family filter", turned it off in accounts(i believe) but says the same when I click video, must be missing something simple IDK

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
reply to post by Deebo

I'm having the same problem loading Avatar, loads on my media page but not ATS forum. when I click to watch vid it tells me "mature warning turn off family filter", turned it off in accounts(i believe) but says the same when I click video, must be missing something simple IDK

Hmm I dunno.. Weird though.

2nd

Deebo

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I got my avatar its all in the lines for size and is on my profile when I go on it but,
It doesn't appear beneath my name on my posts like its meant to be.
<

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Try a different pic, there's obviously something not kosher with it. Did you see the image in the profile view?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yea I see the pic in my profile but when I post something it doesn't appear beneath it, it's within the guidelines as well, I do not know what's going on =/

new topics

top topics

join