It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money! What would you do if you were the richest person in the world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero314
Firstly, set up my family friends and myself with the main stuff. House, car, money put away so they never have to worry about it again.

Then i would do similar to the show secret millionaire, i would travel around the world and not let people know i have money and look for people / organisations etc that i think will have the greatest benefits to the greatest amount of people.

And i would dump a lot of money into alternative medicines, try and get people off prescription drugs! Have independent scientists look into major diseases and illness with natural remedies, and then (if successful) give the medicines and treatments out for free (If the drug companies dont try and stop me).

Zero314,

Family and friends come first in someones life and all would feel the same I hope. As long as jelousy and greed don't become involved which can happen when a certain amount of power is displayed. When you are trying to help the person they will dislike you for the position you hold!

I think you are correct in stating not to let people know and assist people like secret millionare. Yes, prescription drugs don't always work and the power of certain natural remidys and self belief is far stronger.

Some people already have the money and attempt to assist in different ways by continuing to offer jobs like they always have.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Richest man in the world...hmmm. Forbes is reporting Carlos Slim as the world's richest this year, with $53.5 billion. Now, let me see, that makes... 107,000 chicks at the same... oh never mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
First thing I'd do would buy me a big old farm with a buncha wild animals.

I'd build a gun range there so I could shoot all of my guns WHENEVER I WANTED

There would be a huge fence around the place-- nobuddy would be getting in (or getting out

I would have the worlds biggest gym where me and my buds could always work it out tough guy style and build some big muscles.

I would build little cabins for all my buds to live on the farm so they would never be to far away.

I cant' wait to do this some day

Ronnie

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Richest man in the world...hmmm. Forbes is reporting Carlos Slim as the world's richest this year, with $53.5 billion. Now, let me see, that makes... 107,000 chicks at the same... oh never mind.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/151c2326ba5c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Like SaturnFX, I will fund advanced sciences relevant to transhumanism (medicine, stem cell therapy, computers, nanotech..) and also clean energy research (IV. generation fission reactors, fusion, solar concentrator plants), solar system colonisation (at least LEO and Moon), electric cars.. even engineering projects (magnetic train transport network, free basic internet for everyone, Launch Loop maybe..)

Another part would go to responsible charity, like helping orphans and children living in bad conditions, unemployed and homeless, building schools and paying for college education, educating poor people with many children about anticonception, abortion options and reproductive responsibility, helping drug addicts, Planned Parenthood, fighting religious superstitions, barbaric cultural practices especially in islam and among immigrant communities etc. Not just mindlessly throwing large amounts of food at poor and into third world countries to feed the population explosion there, and actually making their povetry worse in the long run. As someone said: "Give man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime." That would be motto of my charity.

Another part would go to found and promote political party which combines the best from all current political ideologies with a bit of my ideas - see here.

edit on 20/12/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You got some mighty good ideas but wouldnt' you rather have yer own gun range on your own farm instead?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

Well, I dont shoot real guns and I hate dirty jobs..
But as for shooting, I would get myself a huge paintball playground and a new good gear for me and my friends

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Sounds like a fun plan.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Help other people?
Nah, I'm too selfish.

I would buy a private ranch around 5000 acres somewhere very remote and live there along with anyone in my family who wanted to come.

Totally self sufficient. Take a trip to town once a year maybe.

Live my days out in peace and not worry at all about the craziness going on in the world.

When I die, the wealth would be distributed amongst my survivors to do what they wanted with it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archangelelijah
reply to post by Archangelelijah

There is said to be a group called foundation X who will attempt to give money to the world economy to bail it out if another financial crisis arrives and world banks go under. Would you accept this if they were trying to support the system?

Thanks for that. If you Goole for "Foundation X" you will find the news stories.
REALLY weird.

SkyNews interview

Pretty darn astounding, like something out of the Davinci Code.

I can see an immediate flaw -

"it will be prepared to put up money for funding hospitals, schools, the building of Crossrail immediately with £17bn transfer by Christmas if requested."

"To build it now and bring it forward...."

Eh?

Firstly, Crossrail HAS funding, and throwing them all the money before the end of the week will not I am afraid make it any faster to build.

So on balance, and having looked and listened to the whole thing, the guy's a f*cking nutcase.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerMonkey
Two chicks at the same time!

(+5 for the movie nerd who can spot this quote without cheating)

Office Space?

Do I really need another line?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I would buy the whole moon from that cat selling it. Only then could I finally make a reality my dream of a zero g water park.. and no, I have no idea how this would (or would not) work. Lastly, 4 chicks, 2 at a same time and twice in a row (4 total chicks!!). And then maybe I'll buy JUST Pabst or maybe Olympia or Ranier and make gaddam low brow hipster beer cool again for the mases.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If i had 1 quadrillion dollars.

I would buy up all the United States debt.

Then I would want access to all the top secret files and technologies.

mwuahahahahahahahahaha.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First, I would take care of my friends and family.

Then, a solid gold tin-foil hat

I'd hire a mission-impossible style team to steal Obama's birth certificate and post it on the web, just to settle the issue.

Maybe fund an expedition to Antartica to check out some of the conspiracy stories there.

Launch an unmanned probe to the moon so that people could get an uncensored look.

Buy enough Congressmen to repeal the Federal Reserve Act. Then have those Congressman arrested for taking bribes.

Join the Hair Club for Men. I want my hair to look like Pierce Brosnan in his Remmington Steele days.

How much money do I have left over, and how much does Iceland cost?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Some thoughts I have found along the way in life...

"We gotta get rid of this stuff called money"

"Beyond a certain point, money becomes toxic"

"After the first few million, it's just numbers"

The #1 best use of money is education.

If you have $50billion in the bank then I would think of you as a total idiot.

Money only has value when it is spent. Get with the program.

Right now (2010) if you have your money in a 'bank' then you are an even bigger idiot.

If you have over $10 million in the bank then you sure need an education.

It's just 'money'.
Potential.

Doesn't exist until you spend it.

"We gotta get rid of this stuff called money"
Learnt that when I was about 8yrs old.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Archangelelijah

I would buy a ton of land. Create my own little compound. It would be sweet. Mini-Airport, bunkers, windmills, ponds, pools, huge house, off-road race track, all sorts of good stuff going on.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
set aside a moderate amount for my family first, next I'm setting up a deep un uderground, emp shielded, selfsuficiant bunker in the vain of asimov's foundation. finaly the rest goes into funding space research, the development of direct democracy, 3d printing & nanotech and building up global infrastructure (vertical farming).

oh and of course I have my own car designed as a one off and a new house then go back to life as normal.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
After taking care of self, friends and family... (As is the norm.) Hmmm?

Fund some research into space development. Consider it a extra long term diversification plan so not all the eggs are in one basket. This would start by creating a project with the goal of capturing a really small near Earth asteroid (something too small to cause damage if the project fails) and getting it into Earth orbit. And from there, research microgravity mining and processing. If the space rock proves decent enough in metal content and smelting it and drawing or casting of in microgravity isn't too difficult, the next project would be to capture a somewhat bigger asteroid. From there, money would be spent on developing that research and resulting processes into building REAL space stations and space ships. Things that are big enough to shield radiation and not sweat small meteor impacts. What we have now is nice and all, but probably not something people would seriously consider going to Mars in. Getting into and developing resources in space would be something huge. (As in the next leap in modern civilization past the internet huge!)

I'd also start some side company to give people some work to do. Maybe a creative enterprise that utilizes grants instead of loans, and helps people take on projects they couldn't attempt without the funding. The economy isn't so great, so if money were no object - trying to spread it around while getting people to take on tasks they find interesting would be a neat form of philanthropy that could help kickstart things with micro-businesses and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join