It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflakes under a Microscope!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's amazing how they look sculpted and designed! If those pictures were from the surface of Mars people would say aliens did it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
It's amazing how they look sculpted and designed! If those pictures were from the surface of Mars people would say aliens did it.

BLAST!

I waited till the end of this thread to say that.. To find you did it for me.

Exactly.

We can also find massive crystalline structures under the earth here.

Nature has an amazing ability to be perfect in its beauty.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Good thread.

To me, when I see the almost perfect structure, it makes me think of strength.
If we looked upon the structure of a snowflake to base our own constructions...
I wonder if the strength would dramatically increase?

Either way, without any interference, these crystalline structures would be perfect.

Beautiful.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Why does someone attributing it to God ruin the beauty of it? I think it's beautiful either way!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Beautiful pictures!!

As for intelligent design, go take some water, freeze it in a freezer and then look at it in a microscope. There is no "design" here, just the beauty of nature.

Why do we have to ruin something so beautiful and blame it on God? give mother nature some credit here!

Pred...
edit on 20-12-2010 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

What about the bacterium flagellum? It has a bearing and a rotor. It had to have been created all at once for it to work.
www.veritas-ucsb.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by predator0187
Beautiful pictures!!

As for intelligent design, go take some water, freeze it in a freezer and then look at it in a microscope. There is no "design" here, just the beauty of nature.

Why do we have to ruin something so beautiful and blame it on God? give mother nature some credit here!

Pred...
edit on 20-12-2010 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

What about the bacterium flagellum? It has a bearing and a rotor. It had to have been created all at once for it to work.
www.veritas-ucsb.org...

Every living organism has a motor and requires fuel. I know I do, and no imaginary being created me: I, at some point long ago, started under the whim of Sol (our sun). This is what your god is, except people have done a good job trying to personify something that is nature, and not in human's image.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Those are some very cool pics

I swear, the first thing that popped into my mind was "If you put some soft glowing Neon in with that symmetry, they would look like something out of the new Tron flick!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Every living organism has a motor and requires fuel. I know I do, and no imaginary being created me: I, at some point long ago, started under the whim of Sol (our sun). This is what your god is, except people have done a good job trying to personify something that is nature, and not in human's image.

Imaginary? Far from the truth. There is more historical evidence for Christ than any ancient person. There's even ancient non-Christian sources that Christ lived on the earth.
Plus, something can't come from nothing. Where did the sun come from?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Imaginary? Far from the truth. There is more historical evidence for Christ than any ancient person. There's even ancient non-Christian sources that Christ lived on the earth.

Christ has what to do with what I said exactly? He was human, just like you and me.

And who says there was nothing? There has always been something, and we are just a speck in the history of the universe. It is pretty ignorant and counter-productive to believe that some supreme being, in the image of a human no less, dictates all universal matters.

You think God created snowflakes? Snowflakes are geometric structures formed by nature; they are alchemy, shaped by the elements. Look at pythagorean geometric symbols and compare them to natural structure in snowflakes, pretty similar, eh?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

You are completely right. God really made everything beautiful

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Isn't this thread about the symmetry of the snow flakes? There is a whole other forum to argue religion, please use it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How very strange that I noticed this thread when for the first time in three weeks I logged on to New Scientist and spent my dinner time looking at these;

New Scientist Link

Sorry for being lazy but I really can't be bothered of going through the process of downlaoding the pics and adding them to the media portal etc. right now, but please enjoy the pics they are amazing and a lotter better quality of the ones first posted.

Good thread!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

God has designed the way the molecules freeze in a symmetry, as explained, quite fascinating. While there are many who say AIDS is designed in secret labs. You can check conspiracy sites incl this forum.

The nature does not deprive the humans from their free will, and even God respects it since He created us free to choose good or evil. Yes the question why so many choose evil is a hard one. Why did the devil, or the evil ET if you will? Why is the nature itself somehow hurt, not AIDS that is man-made but other viruses, or volcanoes and earthquakes, asteroids? They may not be evil by themselves because they are a part of the nature and do not have a free will, but they can hurt, as they did with the dinosaurs. There are philosophical answers that you may search. If you search for more metaphysics, search for the keyword "Entropy". An example - the gravity that sustains us, may destroy at the same time everything in a black hole, under certain conditions.

The nature as perfect as it looks on these images, is still not perfected to its final destination, neither we the humans are, despite we are "sons of God" (St Paul).
Thanks so much for the pictures!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
If God designed snowflakes then he designed AIDS too.

Sorry, but you can't pick and choose what God is responsible for.

Or God created Humans and gave them the free will to create whatever they choose.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Something can't come from nothing? I guess god is exempt from that rule then?

Also, just going to throw this in there:

Star formation is the process by which dense parts of molecular clouds collapse into a ball of plasma to form a star.

Star Formation

reply to post by texastig

edit on 20/12/2010 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/12/2010 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
If God designed snowflakes then he designed AIDS too.

Sorry, but you can't pick and choose what God is responsible for.

Or God created Humans and gave them the free will to create whatever they choose.

Just sayin'

So in other words, you choose to believe in God so you can arbitrarily choose whatever reality you want?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Simply amazing. Nature is so beautiful. Our mother Earth has many hidden treasure if you look close enough

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun
reply to post by staciebee

Snow is made by rain clouds (the rain freezes) and the reason they freeze in this weird patterns is because of the gravity pulling them in all directions and the fact that the drop dos not freeze all at once causing some parts to fall faster than others.

in a small area ( lets say 2m squared) there are millions and millions of snowflakes if the snow is more than say 7 cm
since snow happens all the time everywhere in alot of places, God would have to be pretty damn busy making snow all day

Ah, finally, some sense!!

I was getting worried there until your post surfaced.

The bible explaining snow flakes?

When it comes to deciphering or understanding things, grab the Science book, NOT a fictional fairytale bible book.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Oh gee, have you forgotten already of the Kapyong thread already?? The Jesus clan failed at all attempts to provide a single shred of actual evidence or first hand eyewitness accounts of the Jesus character.

Sorry texastig, but --

Jesus is the fabrication of the predating sun-gods friend!! Its ok, I used to think it wasnt true also at one time. You seem like a bright individual, I am betting that you too will eventually figure it out.

...NOW, back to the thread. I just had to set things straight with that reply.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
These pictures are pretty neat. I'd like to see pictures of the flake as they melt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join