It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything's just a thing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Its as if there is a part of ourselves that is not real, and we are all trying desperately to make it real, even though it is not, or the very least - artificial.
edit on 20-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

OMG, thank you so much for that. Very helpful and hopeful. Yes, the bliss of non-attachment, AND of spiritual unity in some sort of love transcendant, that's what seems to be happening to me, an increasing awareness of the sacred, both innerant and transendant.

It has nothing to do with my friend, where at some level it was always a ministry of sorts, although I hate to say that because it sounds arrogant and rude, and doesn't represent true friendship, and I've gotten alot of out it as well, because his enthusiasm and intensity it gives the human interaction a spark and a charge.

My isolating is my own doing, and I needn't take it out, by projection on anyone here, that too would be absurd and pathetic.

Just expressing this kind of lost and lonely feeling on the journey, which makes sense, and yes, I can see that community and relationships are very very important, as a contextual frame of reference, and so I really need to start doing some soul searching, about what calls and moves me, and where I want to go and what to create, for fun and enjoyment, since there's always something to do, even in the space of nothing at all, and it doesn't even have to be all the pleasurable, just something to get me moving forward into increasing realms of possibility, happiness, sharing, community, and joy - that missing ingrediant in so many of our lives now.

It takes courage to do that, and get out there, and share with others, the insanity, that we might get to the end of it, and find that lasting peace and hapiness we were made for, as social beings.

And of course it's not the kind of thing you can expect to get through the social interaction of an Internet Discussion Forum, what was I thinking..?!

But I do undersanding something of the power of words driven by a good intent, and how helpful that can be, simply BECAUSE I am not the "only one" having this transformation in consciousness.

It changes things that's for sure. I can't even eat one of those "Hot Rod" dried meat thingies at the store now, without hurting a bit spiritually form such a corrupt food source!

edit on 20-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

You sir have just shown me that i am by no means alone.

Remarkable statement, and so succinct!

It might be called becoming authentic, relative to our own inauthenticity, and dropping all the strategies, since they have none to begin with, only to discover, that there's no one there that we CAN "discover", but it's not vaccuous either, thank God!

So laughter is still possible, creativity, life, love, friendship, the whole kit and caboodle, as an infinitely more AUTHENTIC and REAL life, than 99.9% of the people right now, are living, having become imprisoned in the material world of separation and of mere things as the sole object of one's attention and awareness - I tell you they are INSANE!

P.S. Here is by far the best little piece of wisdom communicated along these lines that I've ever found, since they didn't have Youtube back in the old OLD days.

As you can tell I am just beginning to come into this realization, this humour of understanding - but giving one's no-self-self permission to LIVE in our world, in this way, it takes a lot of courage, and humour, to have the courage to go ahead with it in the face of the insanity of the world, and be something totally different in the midst of the absurdity.

Every other time, I've been "re-absorbed" by the world, but not this time, this time I'm not going to be so stupid, even if I set out to make millions and give it all away (I'm going to try I've decided, for something to do).

I've always hid my light under the proverbial bushel basket you see, wanting to fit in and be accepted, yet secretly dispising people for making me do that, and dispising myself at the apparent arrogance of being such a light, who do I think I am to be different from most everyone else, and then dispising myself for NOT doing it, in the end for failing to be true to myself, what a predicament!

Anyway, all I can say is I thank GOD that I am NOT alone, that others are both sent and chosen too, and that we are all working on the Great Work together, from whatever angle or perspective. It's not ALL on little old flawed me, and if it was, well I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do this, and have already "blown my assignment" only God knows how many times already..!

Oh dear what are we to do, with us?

We are absurd.

Absurdly AWESOME, if only we would but have the courage to break through all the nonsense and the bad training, which removed us from our fated place in the world.

I would be the last then, to be first to be last to be first, etc. etc., but have absolutely no interest in playing Jesus, since I am but a lowly follower, yet he informs me, and through me, that he is he, the guy, the one among us all, who carried all the water, across the desert under the blinding heat of the sun (in our case the dark ages, now at long last coming to a close), to the very dawning of a new age, which just like he said is aready always HERE NOW, whenever it's realized, and even when it's not ie: "the kingdom of heaven is spread out upon the earth but men do not see it" kind of thing.

Behold the Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand!

everyone looks up for a moment, goes nah, shakes their head and goes right back to whatever was attracting their attention.. whatever THING.

How stupid are we? How long must we wait?!!!

It's absurd, my favorite word of the day, to describe the human predicament.

Time and again we are given a way out upon which we can all absolutely agree, and time and again, we would prefer to argue over it, than to become it and have the thing, the ocean pearl that is the true self at the end of time.

Fear, fear of the itself, of the thingself, relative to the eternal spirit, is the problem, the nature of the collective mental illness. Again, yet another absurdity, they just go on and on.. when will we learn to cry? when to laugh out loud at our own folly? When?!!!

edit on 20-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join