It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artillery firing heard on South Korea's Yeonpyeong island

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Artillery firing heard on South Korea's Yeonpyeong island

twitter.com

FLASH: Artillery firing heard on South Korea's Yeonpyeong island - Reuters witness 4 minutes ago via web
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
And so the long awaited drill begin.

Now let's see if North Korea was just hot air or not.

While this is happening, Bill Richardson apparently made a deal with North Korea.

FLASH: North Korea agrees to return of U.N. inspectors after talks with Richardson - CNN 5 minutes ago via web

Hopefully this is enough to stop war.

ROK Defense Ministry, speaking to VOA just now, says it'll not confirm exercise until it concludes. #Koreas 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Now we play the waiting game... I'm hoping NK are all talk after all.

Something tells me me they have a bight to back up the bark though.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

How do we know a war is not going on there right now?

And

That these drills are simply an excuse to attack N-Korea and bring the reunification?

The FOG there to create confusion, hence who attacked who first.

Anyways, do we have technology to create FOG?

I think we are pretty advanced, it shouldn't be that hard at all.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

How do we know a war is not going on there right now?

And

That these drills are simply an excuse to attack N-Korea and bring the reunification?

The FOG there to create confusion, hence who attacked who first.

Anyways, do we have technology to create FOG?

I think we are pretty advanced, it shouldn't be that hard at all.

Straight from another thread, but relevant nonetheless!

Surely if we can create computers (as a minimal example of millions!) we can create fog.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
vitch if microsoft is monopoly on a software you are the monopoly on the korea threads...

If war breaks out i vow to beat you to it!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Reuters says its reporter inside an air raid bunker on the island heard artillery fire but no confirm from #ROK military. #Koreas
55 seconds ago via TweetDeck

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

ROK media confirm live fire drill underway on Yeonpyeong

twitter.com...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#ROK military now confirming artillery drill underway. Expected to last up to 2 hrs.[ex/]
edit on 19-12-2010 by Zeptepi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
According to CCTV, the live fire drills were just confirmed to have started by the ROK governement. I'm looking for an online source of that now. Looks like things will happen in the next 2 hours if they are gonna happen at all.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
vitch if microsoft is monopoly on a software you are the monopoly on the korea threads...

If war breaks out i vow to beat you to it!!!

I vow to strike back if you do that provocative act, you capitalist dog!!

KBS repeats mantra from ROK military chiefs that artillery firing will be to the southwest (in what the ROK considers its own waters). 4 minutes ago via web

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

betterthansteve KBS reports that travel to/from Kaesong Industrial Complex is now prohibited. half a minute ago via web

Kaesong Industrial Complex being the joint South Korea-North Korea industry operation.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The United States does not need, can not handle, and should not participate in another active war.

We have to make a public statement that we no longer support South Korea in it's war efforts. I believe that most are mistaken in assuming that this will be the beginning of a new war.

North and South Korea have been in a cease fire, and are not at peace. Any doubt that this will quickly escalate must be weighed against the assumption that we have agreed to support a country we no longer have the reasonable means to support.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

W7VOA Reporters on Yeonpyeong hearing booms from outgoing artillery. #DPRK has vowed a punishing response. #Koreas less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

Uh oh?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
RT @W7VOA: #ROK military now confirming artillery drill underway. Expected to last up to 2 hrs.

Well we have 2 hours to wait it out......

*crosses fingers* hopes nothing happens....

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Anybody Think DPRK will wait the full 2 hrs??
I don't!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

People want to see some blood shed..

They want to see some nukes flying.

They want to see some a$$ w99ping.

TV is getting boring, they are turning to the real stuff now.

They have seen the Rambo series, now they want to see the real one.

US is in decline anyways, so it really doesn't matter whether they go in another war or not.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
We have to make a public statement that we no longer support South Korea in it's war efforts.
Thoughts?

Why does it seem that many people are blaming SK for this. I understand that they are escalating things further with these drills, but aren't we forgetting the provocation by the North a month ago? SK was ATTACKED blatantly and without remorse. If this were the US in their position, we would be crying for retaliation.

I see this more as SK doing some saber rattling to let the Northies know they won't be pushed around just because they have China to back them up.
edit on 12/19/2010 by dwiggen because: syntax

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
CNN news ticker (at bottom of screen) confirms live fire exercise has begun 12:52AM.
edit on 12/19/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen
Why does it seem that many people are blaming SK for this. I understand that they are escalating things further with these drills, but aren't we forgetting the provocation by the North a month ago? SK was ATTACKED blatantly and without remorse. If this were the US in their position, we would be crying to retaliation.

I see this more as SK doing some saber rattling to let the Northies know they won't be pushed around just because they have China to back them up.

My stance is beyone blame. We are tied into supporting a country who has been at war for half a century whether it is their fault or not, we do not have the resources to support the effort at this time. North Korea is saber rattling because of this very reason, but denying the truth doesn't make it go away.

To get involved in a war with a country that has nukes, while at war with two other countries, in an economic 'recession' would surely not be preferrable. The US may be the main superpower of the world, but how thin must we stretch ourselves before we fall?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
BREAKING CNN: South Korea's planned live-fire military exercises have started, according to the country's ministry of defense.

South Korea's planned live-fire military exercises started Monday afternoon, the country's ministry of defense said. FULL STORY

www.cnn.com...
/www.cnn.com...

edit on 19-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join