It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Sunday-Evening Surprise, Senate Unanimously Passes Food Safety Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wow woopdy friggen doo. Big surprise...The senate passed another retarded brain dead bil thatl the tax payers are gunna have to pay for... YOU GUYS MAKE ME SICK! *Vomit*
Wait a minute...Does this mean I won't find Hillary Clinton's eyebrow hairs in my food anymore?...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

If someone comes into my backyard and tells me what I can or cannot grow, I may have to bury them like a seed and see if a BS tree sprouts...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Let them try to enforce it now. When the masses are malnourished, crazed zombies in a semi-concious state, they will be pointed at people like me (Veterans) and you (the awakened).

The world just got a lot scarier.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You good little tax payer you.

In light of the FDA motto, NO THANKS!

1. FDA does not respect individuals’ rights to obtain healthy, quality foods of their choice. The agency has stated as a matter of public record, that: www.ftcldf.org...

“There is no absolute right to consume or feed children any particular food.”

“Plaintiffs’ assertion of a ‘fundamental right to their own bodily and physical health, which includes what foods they do and do not choose to consume for themselves and their families’ is similarly unavailing because plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to obtain any food they wish.”

FDA has even participated in armed raids on small-scale co-ops and membership organizations. This agency should not be given any additional power.

2. FDA has adequate powers under existing law to ensure food safety and effectively deal with foodborne illness outbreaks. FDA has power to inspect, power to detain product and can readily obtain court orders to seize adulterated or misbranded food products or enjoin them from being sold. The problem isn’t that FDA needs more power; it’s that FDA does not effectively use the power it currently has. The agency has power to inspect imported food yet inspects only 1% of food coming into this country from outside our borders.

3. The Act does nothing to address many significant food safety problems in this country, such as those resulting from confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs), genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and various contaminants (e.g., BPA, pesticides, herbicides, etc.).

4. FDA has used its existing power to benefit the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries at the expense of public health (e.g., allowing the overuse of antibiotics in confined animal feeding operations and refusing to require labeling for genetically-modified foods). This Act does not address the fundamental problems at this agency in order to truly protect public health.

5. The Act will expand FDA’s involvement in regulating food in intra-state commerce, further interfering with local communities. State and local governments are more than capable of handling any problems related to food in intrastate commerce. All the major outbreaks of foodborne illness involve either imported food or food in inter-state commerce.

6. The Act will hurt our ability as a nation to be self-sufficient in food production because it has more lenient inspection requirements for foreign than domestic producers creating an unfair advantage for food imports. Giving an advantage to foreign producers will only increase the amount of food imported into this country that does not meet our domestic standards. The Act does not address food security–the ability of a country to produce enough food to meet its own needs.

www.dakotavoice.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthFreedomNow
Big pharma can continue to sell products that harm and kill people constantly yet there's some Sunday night urgency for this to be passed. You'd have to be blind not to see what's going on.

But then even though we do it doesn't matter. Seems nothing will stop them anyway.

They know the American sheep are glued to the T.V. on Sunday watching Eli Manning throw another interception. Ugh, I guess that makes me a sheep too. "Baaaaaaaaaah."

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
As I sit here in total shock, trying to maintain my inherent need to show some modicum of dignity ( I could very easily break down into words that would get me kicked off this site) I am asking anyone that chooses to read what I say to do your duty and STAND UP for your lives....because that is what this has come down to.

A few days ago I wondered why Obama looked so ashy, and Biden looked like he was still tying one on from the nite before....they knew this was coming....they knew that this would be passed and they also knew the consequences of such an act.

Food has now become the way that the Government is going to cull the heard...it is based on the Nazi Kissinger's idea on how to use food as a weapon against the people. Ever get the chance, check it out, it's on the net.

How dare they hand over the rights of The People to Homeland Security and the FDA without OUR permission??

Piece of cake....throw enough MONEY around, make enough promises from Monsanto and Bayer (a former Nazi pharmaceutical company) to "take care " of the good 'ol boys on the Hill....and you can buy 'em for next to nothin'.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, that's what it's all about...The corporations own America and if you aren't one of Them...you're one of us.

Well....You touch my organics, you take away my gardens, you take my healthy food, and make me a criminal because I bake zucchini bread or oatmeal cookies and give them to my friends and family...you take the freedom to eat what I choose and to grow what I want to grow, be it herbs, corn or squash....you will definitely find out what The People are made of....

You sneaky, slimey, underhanded, snakes on Capitol Hill laughing and counting their money while the plebs who have made America what it used to be are left completely powerless....or so they think....enjoy your holidays you pigs...have a high old time you fat cats....because your time is coming and coming fast.

To all...contact your local papers, councilmen, state representatives....do what you feel you must do....but DO something. When it's gone....it's gone!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is outrageous. Let's protest.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

You good little tax payer you.

meh, your just gullible...seems you will believe anything

tell you what...if by this time next year, no police have come to arrest you for growing your sprouts...you owe me a million dollars...if however, they do, I will give you two million

now, lets put a contingency on this...your not allowed to have a thousand acre farm growing sprouts..simply a personal farm..or even a farm that could feed a small neighborhood.

seems like a no brainer...the bill has passed unanimously...so either we are all in total doom immediately (perhaps within the next few days), or you got suckered into corporate spin...

come on...once you get out of the fema camp, you will be a millionare if your absolutely sure.

man some people are gullible.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

Piece of cake....throw enough MONEY around, make enough promises from Monsanto and Bayer (a former Nazi pharmaceutical company) to "take care " of the good 'ol boys on the Hill....and you can buy 'em for next to nothin'.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, that's what it's all about...

Oh that sweet green. I wish on them they are left to eat the fiat green paper. Let them print it, eat it, and let it make them sick and wasted away.

If the legislation does ultimately pass, the remaining question is whether Congress will provide FDA with funding to implement it. “This bill gives FDA much more authority when it goes in for an inspection, but it doesn’t provide money to actually do the inspection,” Hubbard notes. Getting additional money from Congress in the current economic climate will be challenging, he says.
pubs.acs.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
This is outrageous. Let's protest.

there ya go

did it help?

-checks for fema troops in his tomato patch-

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I get so overwhelmed by this sometimes, but we gotta stand up. The thread I've been active on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has an action item, so you can at least be heard. The worst thing we can do is lay down. The action item is also here. Let them know, even if they have no intention of listening. Then they get to look at their guilty faces in the mirror every day. Call them out. Make them responsible for their actions.

salsa.democracyinaction.org...

I know there are corrupt people in the White House, our FDA, and stuff. The best thing we can do is to continue to spread the truth. Expose the lies.

These people are going to self destruct, there's no doubt about that. Evil empires do not last. They just go into a death spiral of un-ethical behavior.

But I don't want to wait too long for that. So, we have to stay on the ball, and on the topics like this, that really matter. We gotta tell people, and keep telling people, until we get to those who will listen.

To the people who are wondering, still, this is ultimately a power grab bill. "Food safety" has been corrupted for quite a while. The FDA already has plenty of power, but it chooses not to use it properly. Look up "FDA raids," and see if they haven't wielded some power in the past. Of course, they, many times made themselves look like asses, so you certainly don't want to give this organization more power.

Troy

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

your not allowed to have a thousand acre farm growing sprouts..simply a personal farm..or even a farm that could feed a small neighborhood.

Let me guess....Your from the government, and your here to help.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The frog is definitely here to help. lol

Bottom line, the FDA doesn't need more power. This is an outright lie. If they can raid the local natural food shop, then they can have a look at these dump heap, unsanitary, overcrowded chicken farms, and Monsanto's roundup "enriched" corn.

Troy

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This has been kept very silent especially with everyone focusing on x-mas, no news is reporting this, I mean is this communism or what??? No one is going to tell me what I can eat or not, and grow for myself why is there no strong very strong outrage to this????

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

your not allowed to have a thousand acre farm growing sprouts..simply a personal farm..or even a farm that could feed a small neighborhood.

Close...I am from planet earth, and I am here to read facts.

Fact is, the entire conspiracy theory about the foods bill was crap. it is easily dismissed simply by reading it (or at least the summery) and realize it is designed for large industry farming operations...NOT mom and pop gardens.

the corporate interests lost..sucks to be them, but I wont be shedding too many tears now that they have to move their insecticide storage away from the food storage building.

ya...call me crazy for not minding that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
The frog is definitely here to help. lol

Bottom line, the FDA doesn't need more power. This is an outright lie. If they can raid the local natural food shop, then they can have a look at these dump heap, unsanitary, overcrowded chicken farms, and Monsanto's roundup "enriched" corn.

Troy

Thats...exactly what the measure is aimed at...

damn do you people read anything not put out by glenn beck or prisonplanet?

bah, nevermind...enjoy your paranoid circle jerk..I am off to bring more people to the fema camps....

erm, I mean watch tv...yes..the television thing you humans enjoy. I mean us humans, because I am a human, not a reptilian skinwalker..just a regular human watching tv like the rest of you.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Close...I am from planet earth, and I am here to read facts.

If your from the same crowd your here to twist the facts.

To give you an idea of how clueless U.S. Senators are about food, the New York Times is reporting that when Senate staff members met to discuss this bill, they would eat Starburst candies and jellybeans. As the NYT reports, "In the midst of negotiations, the negotiators -- nearly all women -- took a field trip to a nearby food market so that a Republican staff member could teach the Democrats how to buy high-quality steaks."
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Saturn, have you ever bothered to look at the FDAs past "achievements?" We are suffering right now from an onslaught of Big Pharma medications, all passed through our wonder FDA. People are dying, people are being damaged physically and mentally by these drugs. It is a fact backed up by real evidence.

Why would we give this organization more control over our food? What sane person would give a corrupted organization more power.

We are out of the realm of conspiracy theory into conspiracy fact.

Watch "David versus Monsanto." Monsanto is not a joke. They are a real organization that threatens our food supply.

This is an incremental plan. The bill might not state outright, that there will be "food tyranny," but it sure paves the way by issuing more power to the FDA and other organizations over our food. You cannot trust the FDA, they have proven time and time again, they cannot be trusted.

You do not have to believe us, because with some searching and some observation, will reveal all you need to know. Honestly, I don't have to show you anything, the evidence is readily available.

Troy
edit on 20-12-2010 by cybertroy because: added some stuff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
well, at least we have 60 days to repeal it ... new congress and all ... or maybe they won't fund it, either way ... we can still fight it or just make adjustments (as we have the last 40 or so yrs)
i'm sure beginning to think the Mexicans were on to more than just drug/ppl trafficking when they constructed their tunnels. wonder how many hydro set-ups they found down there ... FDA could have some real work ahead.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I haven't read the bill, as it was passed.
I did look into this months, maybe a year ago?

At that time, there was more than one version. Some of it DID have some scary language in it, prompting me to write my senator. Can't find his email, but Phil Gingrey said that when that bill went through committee, that they put exemptions in place for smaller farms.

The way I had read what I found for that bill, it looked like small home gardens were never a problem - unless you decided to SELL your excess. Supposedly, according to Gingrey, R, the committee that worked on that bill made sure that would not be a problem.

Of course, I didn't half believe him. These days, I don't even know why they mess with bills and laws. They are just going to do what they want anyway. It might still be a republic, but it isn't functioning like one, IMO.

The reason they probably did this on Sunday night, probably had more to do with Congressmen being out of town so they wouldn't have to vote on it, or so they could get all the votes they wanted. They do crap like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join