It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by izero
I shuddered when I read your account of your wife.. sounds like a horrible ex-girlfriend of mine. Always looking to be the victim, over emotional, over thinks everything and jumps to the worst conclusions. Sometimes with violent reprecussions. I tried my best to help her through her problems, but ended up getting drawn into that kind of behaviour as well.

I am lucky I got out and a few years later married an awesome one (took me ages to deal with the mental scars).No emotional crap, lots of sh*tstirring, loads of laughs and deep discussions.

Also happen to agree with you on climate change.

However I don't really see the correlation between the two, but perhaps there is for you (fighting two battles), while in an emotional state. My advice is keep the two seperate, especially while feeling emotional. Lay low and get your head together.

Anyway goodluck, hope it all works out for the best.

Thanks man. It's not like I was thinking "wow, you are a climate denier!"

I just left and went to my fathers house and got bored so I figured I would start a thread pointing out the similarities between my wife and climate deniers.

In both cases I get so frustrated because facts don't matter. AGH!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for the support man!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

With all due respect, please do some research on AGW and then get back to me. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Thanks Atlas. Finally someone got the point of what I was saying.

Of COURSE climate change has NOTHING to do with my marital problems. But seeing as I am living at my fathers house and have alot of time on my hands, I figured I would come on here and point out that the nonsense I am dealing with at home bears an eerie resemblance to the nonsense that we (we being rational people) deal with on this board.

Anyway, thanks for having my back man. Nice to know that at least ONE person got my point!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by The_Liberator

I think your wife is angry for a lot of reasons. And she is bringing it up even when it make no sense to you. I bet if you get to the bottom of her problems you will find that out. Communicating on a emotional level is hard especially if you dont know how your actions effect others.

One thing i have noticed on ATS is that everyone wants to be right about their views. If a hundred people read the same article about global warming and weather changes. You will probably have 100 different views and understanding.

That is because we have different knowledge understanding about the topic before we read the article. And to top it of we all want to be right about our personal interpretation. We dont like to be corrected by another persons view and understanding.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

I agree, but that is where she and I differ. I have absolutely NO vested interest in being "right".

My only goal is to stop the fighting and the craziness and have a happy healthy life. On the other hand, HER goal is to be right 100% of the time, even if that means distorting facts.

That is what reminded me of climate deniers which is why I posted this thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas

Originally posted by The_Liberator

Originally posted by Faiol[...]
It is relevant because my wife taught me that some people are simply incapable of discussing FACTS. My wife will go to her grave thinking that she was "right"[...]

So will you!!!

2nd line: don't know who's worse, climate change deniers or anthropogenic climate change liers...

Climates change, we are due to have a natural ice age. The thirties were warmer than the last ten years.
Having said that, it's innacceptable to pollute the environment, chop down (rain)forests etc. etc.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Aldolas because: (no reason given)

Honey? Is that you? Oh man...I've been found out! This must be my wife from the way that she pulls facts out of her ass and acts like she knows what she is talking about!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine
Maybe your should actually listen to your wife and try to get to the root of her anger. Saying you left her because she had a different opinion from you on something makes you sound like an unstable, unreliable jerk, which seems to be what she's angry about.

Just because she has a mental health issue doesnt mena she's wrong about everything and you cant use that to dismiss all her opinions, that too is a complete dick move.

Honestly do you think there's anything respectable abpout an irresponsible unreliable guy who would leave a woman over a difference of opinions? Man the hell up.

It's not about a difference of opinions. It's about having a mentally ill and abusive wife. Reread my OP and try to have some empathy. My situation sucks.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by GirlGenius

I haven't COMPLETELY given up hope yet.....just 99%.

On the off chance you guys get back together, I sure hope she gets wind of this thread. She will make your life Pure Hell!

And, you know what ... you will deserve it for posting this.

And how the hell would she ever know that this thread is about her? I am completely anonymous here.....and by the way, thanks for the support!

I dont think your cover is as good as you think...

www.ecologicalinternet.org...

If I can find it, she can find it.

You should try and talk things through as hard as it seems, theres always a way.

edit on 20-12-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

I'm trying my damndest.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychotic
Im a bit confused. Global warming has been pushed down out throats for so long by corrupt governments who are desperate to convince the public that the world is heating up.

Now I believe that climate change may be taking place but only because this is something that happens naturally anyway all throughout earths history. Global warming is something I am very suspicious about....

If Global warming is taking place then why are our winters getting colder and more severe? Shouldnt they be getting milder?

Regional temps have nothing to do whatsoever with global warming.

While our winter has been COLD (and where I live it has been ridiculously cold), the Arctic and Greenland aare seeing record temperatures. It's about GLOBAL temps and 2010 is the warmest year on record. That despite a SUPER strong LA Nina which tends to cool temperatures globally.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype

Please. Allow me to add some corrections to your closure:

Originally posted by The_Liberator (then edited by Strype)

I have studied my views on the topic of global warming almost obsessively for 2 years now and I know more about my views on the topic than I care to admit (that's just my personality). In my opinion, It's bad, it's getting worse, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

And the next time you read a post saying that global warming is a “hoax”, just remember my wife. In her mind, she is right even though any fool can see that she is mentally ill. Climate deniers also think they are right......but we think we know better.

Problem solved. However I am sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you're able to find what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 20-12-2010 by Strype because: Moved text

Thank you so much!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
reply to post by The_Liberator

Firstly. NEVER go back to your wife. It wouldn't be good for your kid you or your narcissist. I know exactly where you're coming from. I had a similar relationship and wasted 5 years of my life trying to make it work and now 5 years since we split I've still not recovered fully. If she's anything like my ex narcissist she'll have cheated on you too, anytime the opportunity arose.

Now, regarding climate change. The Earths climate is forever in flux. So climate change is a normal state of being from the very beginning.

However, there is no such thing as manmade global warming. Anybody with an average IQ and the desire to look for answers cannot fail to come to that conclusion. Man is responsible for environmental damage not climate change nor global warming.

FINALLY, a climate change denier that I actually LIKE!!

Thanks so much for the supportive words. No one can really understand what it's like living with a narcissist until they have done it themselves.

As to the climate change thing....

You sound like a great person and a reasonable guy. So I will simply suggest that you do more research. We are screwed beyond your wildest dreams.
ositive feedback mechanisms are kicking in HARD that are about to send temps through the roof. It's ok if you don't believe me, but you will see in the next year or 2.

In any case, thank you so much for the support brother. I'm with you....narcissists SUCK!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Al Gore is a moronic fool who was completely undeserving of a Nobel, the evidence has been steadily piling up against man made climate change for quite some time now.

She's better off, I'm not sure about you though, you sound like you just want someone who will always agree with you. That's called a slave, not a wife.

People are entitled to have different view points, if you can't appreciate that, than you don't deserve to be with anyone.

HAHAHA. You're funny. Now please reread my post and then do some real research on climate change and get back to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by duke396
I think it's a little extreme to say that climate change deniers have no regard for facts. I don't doubt that the climate is changing, I do however doubt that we have a significant impact on it. I'm sorry that I don't swallow every piece of speculation that Al Gore and the rest of his money hungry lackeys try to shove down my throat. I accept the fact that I may be wrong, but I'm entitled to my opinion as are you. You, Liberator, seem to be the one who has issues with the fact that you could be wrong. Have you ever had a religious debate with someone? I don't know if you are Christian, Atheist, Pagan, whatever, but my point is this argument amounts to the same thing: Everyone presents the evidence, which is often the same facts, skewed ever so slightly to support whichever side you may be on, everyone claims to have an open mind and then proceeds to ridicule everyone else for being "ignorant of the facts" which are clearly more open to interpretation than any of the sides want to admit. I really don't care to argue about it, because it obviously doesn't matter to you what I or anyone else who disagrees with you believes, because your mind is already made up. We have seen the same figures you have, we just think half of it is bull. The earth has been changing in cycles for as long as it's been here. What if we are contributing? Is that going to change the fact that regardless we may all wake up dead in 10 years because the earth decided to pop up a volcano every 3 miles or freeze all the oceans? No. Our carbon output could be helping to prevent a new ice age right now, how do you know that isn't the case? I personally think anyone who is so firmly rooted in their beliefs that they perceive everyone else to be crazy or ill informed is treading in dangerous territory. If you tell me I am not real and back up that claim with factual evidence, I will have to give it some consideration. Doesn't mean I'm going to agree with you.

As for your wife, I sympathize. I may be a few fries short of a happy meal myself but I dated a girl once that put me through an emotional hell the likes of which.. well you probably have seen. I don't think she ever saw a therapist, but I feel pretty okay with saying she was horribly bi-polar and somewhat delusional. You could see her entire attitude change in minutes, and hear it in her voice. When we were good, we were amazing but when we were bad, prepare for turbulence. She would literally tell me she loves me then tell me we needed to break up, sometimes 10 minutes apart (and sometimes more than once in a day), and with no reason or disagreement beforehand, or make up a reason. Then apologize and tell me she loves me again and start to plan out our future together. Once she even said "God told me to break up with you" and was being completely serious. She claimed that her mother hated me (which I don't believe), accused me of cheating on her because she saw me conversing with a female friend, claimed that I had too many issues for her, and would change her mind and say I was the best thing that ever happened to her. I never did anything but put forth my best foot and try to make it work because I had an admiration for her that I now see was misguided, at best. I was a nice guy, maybe too nice, and she helped to ruin that. I'm more pessimistic, less forgiving, quicker to judge, more detached, and more paranoid about people because of her. Many people don't understand personality disorders until they've been in the situation -- trust me I had no idea what I was in for and it broke me down until I decided I had to get out for my sanity's sake. I feel like some of the people on here are giving you more hell than you deserve because they have never had to deal closely with someone who isn't all that stable, or they want to discount all mental disorders as excuses, when there is an undeniable abnormality of thought process at work.

That being said, I think there is also some work that could be done on your end to understand what she is thinking and why, and try to do some damage control instead of blaming everything on her issues. I feel that if you can understand her thought processes better, you can #1 keep her from getting in your head and roping you in (compounding the problem) and #2 help to maybe approach her differently so as not to spark a problem where there isn't one. Maybe see a different therapist. I know you feel the need to run, but you have a kid with this woman and you will have to deal with her in some capacity until that kid grows up, might as well make it the best it can be and even if you can't or don't want to patch things up, make sure you are there for the child and that child is safe. In my case that girl is thankfully my ex, and after a few years of silence and avoidance we have started talking again on a weekly or so basis via text or instant messaging. We are very civil now and I feel like she has learned to control herself better since we were together. Not that I'd be inclined to go for round 2 if it was an option.
edit on 20-12-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)
o

Thanks for this thoughtful post.

I would do whatever I needed to do if I felt it would help. But, alas, I do not.

I have asked our therapist what part I play and she sort of skirts around the issue as if she doesn't want to come out and say that I am healthy and my wife is crazy.

Anyway, thanks for the support. As far as climate change, I would suggest that you google "methane east siberian arctic shelf feedback" and get back to me.

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Climate change aside, you leaving her was probably the best thing you could have done. I honestly cannot believe she said that about the party and the gift. I mean you threw her a suprise party, nobodys ever done that for me before, I think that is really sweet of you.

And for her to react like that? That just digusts me. You or the child dont need that.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
You or the child dont need that.

He apparently left the child behind with his horrible and abusive wife who apparently only thinks about herself... puts everyone else down and is mentally unstable.....

Which leaves me wondering about him... To be honest... Either he is just as bad as she is, Does not care about the baby because he has no problem leaving his baby with a crazy and abusive women (which kind of ties in with the first option), or he is exaggerating/being untruthful about how bad she is... and knows the baby is safe with her....

So I wonder which it is ( climate debate aside, of course)

To discuss climate change though.... I choose to say... No Comment... I have seen your responses to everyone who disagrees with you and your responses to everyone who agrees with you... To be perfectly honest it bothers me to see that you think that everyone who disagrees is crazy, mentally unstable and all sorts of bad names... and that anyone who agrees with you is perfect...

I would rather not have your support nor would I prefer to be called names by you... So I will decline to comment on that... Good day Doctor.
edit on 27-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

My wife has something called narcissistic personality disorder (lucky me, I know!). This is a serious mental illness that can ruin marriages and destroy the mental health of children (and yes we have a son together).

One of the main problems with my wife is that she blames me for EVERYTHING and facts simply do not matter to her.

I say: “honey, I just read a study that said babies should not watch television so I think we should be careful not to let our son watch too much tv”

Her: “why don't you try coming home and saying something positive, all you do is criticize and tell me what I'm doing wrong”

Me: “I didn't say you did anything wrong”

Her: “yes you did, you just said that I shouldn't let him watch tv! So now you're changing your story?”

Me: “what are you talking about, I just pointed out a study that said babies should not watch tv! That's all I am saying”

Her: “no, I know you, you were blaming me for letting him watch television. It's all my fault right? I'm the bad guy RIGHT????!!! Why don't you try telling me a POSITIVE story that you have read?”

Me: “why does everything have to become a fight with you?”

Her: “because you treat me like crap and criticize everything I do! WHY DON'T YOU TRY BEING A REAL HUSBAND!”

(the above actually happened believe it or not)

I cannot discuss reality with her because everything is distorted and turned against me. She says something and then a few minutes later says “I didn't say that....I NEVER said that!!!”.

It's crazy making.

We have been in therapy for over a year and all I have seen is the abuse escalate.

Well last week was her birthday so I threw a surprise party for her and got her an Apple tv as a present.

When I asked if she liked the party, she said “(and this is literally word for word), oh I'll get you back on your birthday and it will be something you don't like!”

The next day I hooked up the Apple TV and asked if she liked it and she said, “well I don't know when I'm ever going to be able to watch movies but, I guess”

At that point I had had enough. I took the Apple tv, packed up some clothes and left. I returned the gift and have been staying at my fathers house for the past week.

Why is this relevant to this forum? Because in every way my wife reminds me of climate deniers.

Their only goal is to be “right”, even if that means lying and distorting the evidence. They cherry pick one or 2 articles that back up their nonsense, and then ignore all other data.

I left my wife because she operates exactly like a climate change denier. In her mind, I am the bad guy, and I'm sure any deniers reading this will think that THEY are right and that I am the one cherry picking. But just as it is obvious to you that my wife is crazy as a loon, it is equally obvious to me that you are just as irrational as she.

Here are a few links for those who are still on the fence about the reality of climate change.

2010 in review:

climateprogress.org...

UAF scientists find arctic seabed methane stores destabilizing, venting methane at rate not seen for millions of years (in other words, runaway global warming has arrived people.....positive feedbacks are kicking in HARD):

www.youtube.com...

In my last thread, “Global warming is not only NOT a hoax...”, here is what I heard:

It's the sun!

Medieval warm period was warmer!

It's the sun!

Al Gore is an idiot!

It's the sun!

CO2 lags temperature!

It's the sun!

Blah blah blah.

Oh, did I mention that a lot of fools on here think it's the sun? WELL IT'S NOT THE SUN!!!

www.skepticalscience.com...

I have studied the topic of global warming almost obsessively for 2 years now and I know more about the topic than I care to admit (that's just my personality). It's bad, it's getting worse, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

And the next time you read a post saying that global warming is a “hoax”, just remember my wife. In her mind, she is right even though any fool can see that she is mentally ill. Climate deniers also think they are right......but we know better.

Honestly it sounds like your projecting your own mental disabilities onto your wife, well ex-wife. You don't see reason if you claim that you "studied it", maybe you missed climate-gate?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by izero
I shuddered when I read your account of your wife.. sounds like a horrible ex-girlfriend of mine. Always looking to be the victim, over emotional, over thinks everything and jumps to the worst conclusions. Sometimes with violent reprecussions. I tried my best to help her through her problems, but ended up getting drawn into that kind of behaviour as well.

I am lucky I got out and a few years later married an awesome one (took me ages to deal with the mental scars).No emotional crap, lots of sh*tstirring, loads of laughs and deep discussions.

Also happen to agree with you on climate change.

However I don't really see the correlation between the two, but perhaps there is for you (fighting two battles), while in an emotional state. My advice is keep the two seperate, especially while feeling emotional. Lay low and get your head together.

Anyway goodluck, hope it all works out for the best.

Thanks man. It's not like I was thinking "wow, you are a climate denier!"

I just left and went to my fathers house and got bored so I figured I would start a thread pointing out the similarities between my wife and climate deniers.

In both cases I get so frustrated because facts don't matter. AGH!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for the support man!

Like the fact that other planets in the Solar System are heating up too? Damn those SUV's on Mar's....

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join