It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
women are a dime a dozen. its best to always keep your eye open for a replacement......NEXT

sounds like the climate changed very rapidly for you
edit on 20-12-2010 by aliengenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Originally posted by The_Liberator

I married a crazy person. Sue me.

It will be your wife who will be suing you for the next 18 years in the form of child support.

Self-realization is obviously not your area of strength. You need to look in the mirror and take responsibility for you own actions.

People like you should not be allowed to have children.
edit on 20-12-2010 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Maybe this behavior of hers is exerbated by post partum depression? Did you consider that?
If you left a little baby with a true narcassist that baby is at risk of developing attachment disorder if your wife cannot properly respond to that childs need for care because of her own mental illness.
You posted more than once she hits (physically abuses her daughter) - are talking about abuse????
Not a pat on the backside . . . abuse - loss of temper and control????
You say she abused you . . . physically?
If so you left a little baby with this woman!!!!

NPD is awful, I understand. The agony of different world views . . . I get that.
But - you left a little baby behind - go home and make sure that baby is safe. He doesn't have a choice. If she abuses you call the cops - and take that baby with you when you leave!!!!

If you are not being immature, and this is as abusive as you say -
GO GET THAT BABY OUTTA THERE OR STAY THERE WITH HIIM TO INSURE HIS SAFETY!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have a feeling that the OP will run away from this discussion just as he ran from his family.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
To late for relationship advice, but thank goodness you weren't my husband. I don't do emotionally abusive men.
Not that you were in this instance but I can tell by what you typed as her reply, and how you word things in posts, that you were.

I say: “honey, I just read a study that said babies should not watch television so I think we should be careful not to let our son watch too much tv” Her: “why don't you try coming home and saying something positive, all you do is criticize and tell me what I'm doing wrong” Me: “I didn't say you did anything wrong” Her: “yes you did, you just said that I shouldn't let him watch tv! So now you're changing your story?”

This is exactly how someone who has been emotionally would reply. Of course she is going to get defensive.
A better way to have said this is would have been to show her the study and asked her opinion.

You threw her a freaking surprise party, did you find out before hand if she liked surprise parties or hated them? Many people hate them.

Why am I waiting my time with this? Especially and emotionally abusive, immature enough to leave someone they "loved" over climate change type person ? Anyone?
edit on 20-12-2010 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

narcissistic personality disorder- persons with this disorder present severely overly-inflated feelings of self-worth, grandiosity, and superiority over others. Persons with narcissistic personality disorder often exploit others who fail to admire them, and are overly sensitive to criticism, judgment, and defeat.

Linkage

You sir, come here... say you left someone because they were ignorant in some way... and seem to be overly sensitive (you left your wife and son now) to criticism from someone without your specific viewpoint... whilst you lack empathy in that you can't figure out the emotional reactions of another to your statements specifically... it seems you are misidentifying who has this disorder.

Lets take this story one point at a time shall we...

I say: “honey, I just read a study that said babies should not watch television so I think we should be careful not to let our son watch too much tv”

Point- you are talking about something somone else said... you are telling this to your wife whom has a young son... and you are asserting that your son's tv periods should be rationed significantly... who is the parent mainly taking care of the son I wonder... the wife most likely... I wonder how she is going to take this...

Her: “why don't you try coming home and saying something positive, all you do is criticize and tell me what I'm doing wrong”

Point- she recognizes what you just said... she takes it that YOU are blaming her for letting her son watch too much tv... she has effectively critized you for blaming her about how she handles her son... lets see if you recognize why she saw your point the way she did and if you recognized her emotions in it...

Me: “I didn't say you did anything wrong”

Point- you didn't directly say she was to blame for her son watching too much television... but just because you didn't directly say so does not mean it was not implied...

Her: “yes you did, you just said that I shouldn't let him watch tv! So now you're changing your story?”

Point- she has recognized and directly stated your implication (regardless if you were thinking it or not)... she sees that you are attempting to say no implications were made, therefore changing the story (a.k.a lying)...

Me: “what are you talking about, I just pointed out a study that said babies should not watch tv! That's all I am saying”

Point- you have repeated your statement... yet you do not realize the implications it entails to your wife... this shows an obvious lack of empathy towards your wife's emotions and perspective...

Her: “no, I know you, you were blaming me for letting him watch television. It's all my fault right? I'm the bad guy RIGHT????!!! Why don't you try telling me a POSITIVE story that you have read?”

Point- she restates your implication... she once again recognizes the main criticism in that implication and specifically asks for confirmation of whether or not her thoughts on your implication are correct... she asks why you haven't pointed out something interesting or useful that doesn't contain critical implications to you or her...

Me: “why does everything have to become a fight with you?”

Point- you still don't recognize your implication... you have taken her display of emotion in her statements as an aggressive stance towards you... again, not taking into account your effect on her emotions due to your implication... you take a defensive stance due to lack of empathy for her emotions...

Her: “because you treat me like crap and criticize everything I do! WHY DON'T YOU TRY BEING A REAL HUSBAND!”

Point- she recognizes your defensive stance and points out this isn't the first time you made implications about her... she also recognizes your lack of empathy for her emotions and makes the suggestion that you might try to do so in the near future... I wonder how you took that...

"One of the main problems with my wife is that she blames me for EVERYTHING and facts simply do not matter to her."

Point- You point out that she is blaming you... in your example you were in fact the one making implications... she simply pointed out that you have a lack of empathy for her emotions... you seem to have misunderstood the underlying facts in your example...

(the above actually happened believe it or not)

Point- I have seen examples of this before

I cannot discuss reality with her because everything is distorted and turned against me. She says something and then a few minutes later says “I didn't say that....I NEVER said that!!!”.

Point- you seem to not see the implications made in things you point out or statements you make to her... it also seems she may well be making implications in her statements as well without her recognizing them... something you will both have to work on...

It's crazy making.

Point- its perfectly logical... you just need to recognize it...

We have been in therapy for over a year and all I have seen is the abuse escalate.

Point- who is the therapist... you may need to seek another... if you aren't taking advice given, you should consider doing so...

Well last week was her birthday so I threw a surprise party for her and got her an Apple tv as a present.

Point- how nice of you ^_^...

When I asked if she liked the party, she said “(and this is literally word for word), oh I'll get you back on your birthday and it will be something you don't like!”

Point- she didn't seem to like the gift... perhaps return it for a refund for something else... she seems to see it as another one of your implications...

The next day I hooked up the Apple TV and asked if she liked it and she said, “well I don't know when I'm ever going to be able to watch movies but, I guess”

Point- she seems to have changed her mind considering the gift's full capabilities... maybe something more for her birthday could be given...

At that point I had had enough. I took the Apple tv, packed up some clothes and left. I returned the gift and have been staying at my fathers house for the past week.

Point- now you have taken back the gift she was ok with... you have also have seperated from her... I wonder if you made any implications... what do you think you have implied to your father considering this event...

Why is this relevant to this forum?

Point- it really doesn't seem like it is...

Because in every way my wife reminds me of climate deniers.

Point- do they not recognize their implications to you... do you not recognize your implications to them...

Their only goal is to be “right”, even if that means lying and distorting the evidence. They cherry pick one or 2 articles that back up their nonsense, and then ignore all other data.

Point- neither one of you were attempting to be "right" in your example... you were trying to understand one another and seem to have failed to do so... I see no cherry picking in your example, only misunderstandings...

I left my wife because she operates exactly like a climate change denier.

Point- "The next day I hooked up the Apple TV and asked if she liked it and she said, “well I don't know when I'm ever going to be able to watch movies but, I guess”"

"At that point I had had enough. I took the Apple tv, packed up some clothes and left. I returned the gift and have been staying at my fathers house for the past week."...

you misunderstood her emotions... you didn't recognize the implications you made...

In her mind, I am the bad guy

Point- due to the implications you made... which you still do not see...

and I'm sure any deniers reading this will think that THEY are right and that I am the one cherry picking.

Point- I just point out what I can see from my perspective and attempt to have empathy for others... you are certainly not cherry picking, you layed it all out for everyone to see from their perspective... well done... you simply have difficulty in seeing the implications you make to your wife through your statements...

But just as it is obvious to you that my wife is crazy as a loon

Point- she in fact is not crazy as a loon
... she is acting like every typical women does
... I know its hard to understand women and their emotions... I've been there
... you just need to understand what you are saying to her and all it's implications...

it is equally obvious to me that you are just as irrational as she.

Point- Oh come now... she is not irrational... her emotions have very logical reasons to them... you just need to understand what effects you are having upon her... she also needs to do the same for you...

Glad to be of service

-elzon
edit on 20-12-2010 by Elzon because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

2 words....ice cores.

1 word - interpretation

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What a great story.

It took courage for you to leave your crazy old wife for having an opposing opinion and for being a climate change deniar (what a nutcase!).

Im sure you can explain that to your young son when he is raised up in an unstable single parent environment and grows up to be a drug addicted party clown or a male gymnast.

Don't worry, Im sure he will understand.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Some people just don't want to be corrected all the time.

It gets irritating after a while so even little provocations, turn into huge fights.

But then again, I think there's some mysterious affinity between women and TV! Just my observation, not generalizing, peace!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Sounds like you aren't in control, or just not well experienced in dealing with high pressure situations, that's okay, there are lots of people like that. Read more psychology books, on how to deal with people when they have a debate.
No one will ever consider your crying here or your delusional facts that have been proven to be FALSE about CO2.
You telling me that there is NO possibility that sun may heat up and that scientific data can't be modified for the personal interest of the gov? you need to realize, that not everything you read is TRUE! sometimes you need to rely on common sense, that it is POSSIBLE that there are some climate cycles exist that may eventually lead to a drastic changes on our mother earth planet, nevertheless, my gf hits me sometimes , but there are people like that, or they will go crazy eventually, because they need to release the anger, even throwing dishes against a wall and screaming on top of their lungs, it helps.

and you can stick your "get back at me " up in your ass.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Sorry about you and your wife. At any rate, it's perfectly obvious that climate change is happening. As it is, I'm still skeptical that humans are the main factor in it. Certainly we are contributing to it, but I don't know about being the main factor. It's a shame you consider people mentally ill simply because they pause and don't swallow every tiny little detail they're fed.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So, just so Im understanding this right... You just left your wife and kids, your marriage is basically over, and the your natural reaction is to come on ATS and tell the entire story and then tie it into the climate change controvesry? Dude, that has got to be one of the most effed up things I've seen on here period.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So, just so Im understanding this right... You just left your wife and kids, your marriage is basically over, and the your natural reaction is to come on ATS and tell the entire story and then tie it into the climate change controvesry? Dude, that has got to be one of the most effed up things I've seen on here period.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This guy 'The Liberator' (Libby) is an irrational tool. The title of his Global warming thread screams for attention and this thread now takes the biscuit. Because there were a lot of people who stood up to him in his Global warming thread and his way over the top assessments and argued objectively against AGW WE are all mental and WE all have a problem. He will not discuss it further or take on board any of our opinions no matter what information we provide. Conversely, anything he posts is a fact, usually signing off with ‘The debate is over, the science is settled. Period. End of.’

Can anyone see any similarities here?

Libby, you are an attention seeking AGW whore who likes nothing better than to post on here to argue with people who don’t agree with you and drum up support from other likeminded and dim witted plebs.

(cue list after list of my posts in the global warming thread as response eh? You juvenile………)
She’s probably entertaining someone else by the way, that’s why she thinks you’re a bellend.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

you think this is effed up ?? --> just wait til the wifey gets a lawyer and a divorce ... then, the old soul (a whopping 37) will really find out what it's like to get 'shafted' shall we say? hmmmm, FB used in divorce proceedings, there is precedent ... wonder how long it'll be before ATS is used to declare 'mental instability' ??

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I shuddered when I read your account of your wife.. sounds like a horrible ex-girlfriend of mine. Always looking to be the victim, over emotional, over thinks everything and jumps to the worst conclusions. Sometimes with violent reprecussions. I tried my best to help her through her problems, but ended up getting drawn into that kind of behaviour as well.

I am lucky I got out and a few years later married an awesome one (took me ages to deal with the mental scars).No emotional crap, lots of sh*tstirring, loads of laughs and deep discussions.

Also happen to agree with you on climate change.

However I don't really see the correlation between the two, but perhaps there is for you (fighting two battles), while in an emotional state. My advice is keep the two seperate, especially while feeling emotional. Lay low and get your head together.

Anyway goodluck, hope it all works out for the best.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
Ugh climate change deniers are so ignorant, it is sad sometimes.
that said, our politicians are using it as an excuse to make a buck
for themselves and their friends. If they really cared about us and our
environment they would perfect solar energy.

p.s. What makes me so mad at the deniers is that they don't care about
our environment. if they did, they would see that humans have been r@ping
our environment for the past 200 years. All the nasty stuff we have done
to this Earth is starting to catch up to us. But climate change deniers
forget that we've destroyed 90% of the forests. I love when they say
"but plants eat CO2, so more CO2 is better." They leave out the fact
that we've destroyed most of the plants on this planet.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Ghost374 because: addendum

Please stop regurgitating propaganda.. It really get's old when people get on their high horse acting like they have all the facts when in reality they're stuck in their own thick mind to what causes climate change.. Climate change is real but it's not caused by people, so please finish your opinion spewing and then stfu about it.
edit on 20-12-2010 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It makes me laugh sometimes when I see this ridiculous "climate change denier" tag thrown about.

Bottom line, everyone knows the climate changes globally, with temperatures going up or down over time across many regions of the earth, as it has done for hundreds of millions of years. However, this recent "denier" tag has been adopted to smear people who simply argue that it is not man-made but a natural cycle.
See, the bankers and politicians saw the opportunity to make a buck out of a natural cycle in climate by claiming that the weather changes anywhere in the world are caused by us and, somehow, they can save us all if we only pay them heaps of money.
The logical approach would have been for the UN IPCC etc, to look at ways of dealing with the changing climate, putting plans into action to shift food production and even, if necessary, population shifts, but they didn't do so. Everything they have done so far has been geared to making money for a very select few and doing nothing to address the problem. Even the problem itself, as presented seems to be geared towards scaring the populace of the planet into paying up rather than doing anything meaningful or helpful. Climate data has been skewed and misrepresented by the UN IPCC and many other groups, whose careers and grants make pursuing the official line lucrative to them personally but unhelpful and misleading to everyone else.

So, anyone using the "denier" tag just makes themselves look small-minded, bogged down in unproven and often unscientific theories and, in short, petty and vindictive. We all want to see pollution cut and cleaner options for fuel made available to everyone, but it should not be done in such an underhand, dishonest and criminal way. It should serve all mankind, NOT a bunch of suits who saw an opportunity to create a new tradeable commodity from thin air (carbon credits) and make themselves Billionaires!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mez353

Mez, shouldn't you be busy lying to the entire ATS community. You have been busted numerous times plagerizing material and claiming it as your own.

I see that you have jumped at the chance to spout vitriol when you have been absolutely schooled on the thread you mention.
And I mean schooled.
You posted material that actually supports AGW, when you intended to use it to argue against. This is what the OP is refering to when he related deniers to mentally ill people.
They don't actually ralize that their delusion unravel around them, as they squirm for anything to support the fantasy of denial.
It is quite sad that many members have witnessed you actually behave in this manner, not to mention your other thread where you pretend to write original short stories, only to be caught out. Again, in this instance you regressed into fantasy in order to dismiss the fact that you were caught lying.

It is sad how people dwell in delusion.
I think you should seek help Mez. Seriously, I think you may be presenting serious mental health issues. Fantastical thinking, Delusion, Denial, Multiple Personality Disorder with Schizophrenic or Shizotype affect. At times your posts are structured, functional, with hints of critical thinking. Others are aggressive personal attacks or simply insults that make little sense. Other times they are simply mashes of insane cut and paste jobs from ridiculous websites that seem to be desperate attempts at formalizing your delusions and fanatasies in order to present your denial as reality.
I have seen these posts come apart only for you to repeat the process over and over again like some kind of mentally ill version of Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man.

I think the OP gives an excellent example of someone opening up to this community. If you feel like you need to do the same concerning your own problems Mez, drop me a U2U so I can participate in similar fashion to your own post.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

My wife has something called narcissistic personality disorder (lucky me, I know!). This is a serious mental illness that can ruin marriages and destroy the mental health of children (and yes we have a son together).

One of the main problems with my wife is that she blames me for EVERYTHING and facts simply do not matter to her.

I say: “honey, I just read a study that said babies should not watch television so I think we should be careful not to let our son watch too much tv”

Her: “why don't you try coming home and saying something positive, all you do is criticize and tell me what I'm doing wrong”

Me: “I didn't say you did anything wrong”

Her: “yes you did, you just said that I shouldn't let him watch tv! So now you're changing your story?”

Me: “what are you talking about, I just pointed out a study that said babies should not watch tv! That's all I am saying”

Her: “no, I know you, you were blaming me for letting him watch television. It's all my fault right? I'm the bad guy RIGHT????!!! Why don't you try telling me a POSITIVE story that you have read?”

Me: “why does everything have to become a fight with you?”

Her: “because you treat me like crap and criticize everything I do! WHY DON'T YOU TRY BEING A REAL HUSBAND!”

(the above actually happened believe it or not)

I cannot discuss reality with her because everything is distorted and turned against me. She says something and then a few minutes later says “I didn't say that....I NEVER said that!!!”.

It's crazy making.

We have been in therapy for over a year and all I have seen is the abuse escalate.

Well last week was her birthday so I threw a surprise party for her and got her an Apple tv as a present.

When I asked if she liked the party, she said “(and this is literally word for word), oh I'll get you back on your birthday and it will be something you don't like!”

The next day I hooked up the Apple TV and asked if she liked it and she said, “well I don't know when I'm ever going to be able to watch movies but, I guess”

At that point I had had enough. I took the Apple tv, packed up some clothes and left. I returned the gift and have been staying at my fathers house for the past week.

Why is this relevant to this forum? Because in every way my wife reminds me of climate deniers.

Their only goal is to be “right”, even if that means lying and distorting the evidence. They cherry pick one or 2 articles that back up their nonsense, and then ignore all other data.

I left my wife because she operates exactly like a climate change denier. In her mind, I am the bad guy, and I'm sure any deniers reading this will think that THEY are right and that I am the one cherry picking. But just as it is obvious to you that my wife is crazy as a loon, it is equally obvious to me that you are just as irrational as she.

Here are a few links for those who are still on the fence about the reality of climate change.

2010 in review:

climateprogress.org...

UAF scientists find arctic seabed methane stores destabilizing, venting methane at rate not seen for millions of years (in other words, runaway global warming has arrived people.....positive feedbacks are kicking in HARD):

www.youtube.com...

In my last thread, “Global warming is not only NOT a hoax...”, here is what I heard:

It's the sun!

Medieval warm period was warmer!

It's the sun!

Al Gore is an idiot!

It's the sun!

CO2 lags temperature!

It's the sun!

Blah blah blah.

Oh, did I mention that a lot of fools on here think it's the sun? WELL IT'S NOT THE SUN!!!

www.skepticalscience.com...

I have studied the topic of global warming almost obsessively for 2 years now and I know more about the topic than I care to admit (that's just my personality). It's bad, it's getting worse, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

And the next time you read a post saying that global warming is a “hoax”, just remember my wife. In her mind, she is right even though any fool can see that she is mentally ill. Climate deniers also think they are right......but we know better.

I think you did her a favor by leaving. You remind me of someone who's batsh~t crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join