It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

How might she catch you? Here at ats? Simply look for the pop up that bears your name on the monitor, saying 'welcome back'.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Fact: Earth is not the only planet is the Solar System that is heating up.

You claim that climate change deniers cherry pick and ignore facts, but I have yet to meet someone who believes that Co2 is causing the earth to heat and that Man is responsible for this explain how our carbon emissions are heating up other planets in the Solar System.

I'm sorry you left your Wife and things didn't work out, although I am a "climate change denier" I always leave room for the possibility that I may be wrong. There are many many things on Earth and in our Solar System that we do not yet understand. There are things we have never been able to explain. No matter what side of the issue you are on, I think it would be wise to leave room for the possibility that you may be wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I'm not a climate change denier, I'm a "mankind causes climate change" denier.

However, you mention that climate change deniers cherry pick through the articles, when in fact, climate change supports heavily cherry pick through the articles and skew the data to show what they want.

In the 1970's, there were several documentaries made about global cooling, using data from the 1950's and 1960's showing that the Earth was going into a cooling trend. NONE of those documentaries can be found online, but there were several, made by good sources such as Panorama etc.

Now, all of the same data presented by climate change scientists mysteriously shows that the Earth was warming over that period, not cooling. I'm not denying that these scientists are wrong OR right, just trying to show that the data can be easily skewed to the needs of those presenting it.

Climate change supporters, especially those who used to be known as "global warming" supporters, are very big on using "all the available data on record" showing climate change happening since about the 1850's. However, they are ignoring billions of years of data available in mud and ice core samples showing that this is an ongoing cycle.

12,000 years ago, the ice age ended, apparently quite suddenly. Ice shelfs collapsed around the world, sea levels rose drastically, likely contributing to stories about a massive flood that probably was the inspiration for the story of Noah in the Bible. What caused the ice to melt? A global temperature increase ......

Mankind was certainly not around on the planet in large enough numbers to impact the climate for that event, nor for the hundreds (maybe thousands) of ice ages that preceeded this.

There was a short period during which scientists saw a drop in temps and concluded that MAYBE particulate from emissions could block out enough sunlight to cause an ice age.

The scientists soon realized that this was not the case and that was the end of that.

Yes the earth has gone through ice ages and warm periods, but that is not what we are talking about. We are talking about what is happening NOW.

The Arctic is melting at a rate not seen for thousands of years, the permafrost is venting methane at a rate not seen for thousands of years, and the oceans are acidifying at a rate not seen for thousands or hundreds of thousands of years.

And all of the above is as a direct result of our CO2 emissions.

Those are facts.

So what is your point?
edit on 20-12-2010 by The_Liberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator

Originally posted by Frogs

Here is the part that I'm honestly not following. I've read your OP and you have so much going on in your life right now and much of its bad I don't see how some people on an internet message board disagreeing (or agreeing) with your views on climate change are of the same level of importance in your life as whats going on with your wife?

I'm sure there will still be people who agree and disagree with you on climate change here when you get what's going on in your life sorted out.

I am sitting at my father's house with nothing to do, so I'm posting here, lol.

It's not that this thread has the same importance as my life, of course it doesn't. But I'm not used to being single, and frankly I'm just kind of sitting around being bored

People who get bored are a 'stay away' signal, a strong one. Your wife is lucky you left her.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

How might she catch you? Here at ats? Simply look for the pop up that bears your name on the monitor, saying 'welcome back'.

a. I am at my fathers house

b. My side of the computer is locked at our house

c. If she does read this (which she won't), I don't give a flying rat's ass

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well said.

However, your idea that the solar system is heating up has been debunked.

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I'm not a climate change denier, I'm a "mankind causes climate change" denier.

However, you mention that climate change deniers cherry pick through the articles, when in fact, climate change supports heavily cherry pick through the articles and skew the data to show what they want.

In the 1970's, there were several documentaries made about global cooling, using data from the 1950's and 1960's showing that the Earth was going into a cooling trend. NONE of those documentaries can be found online, but there were several, made by good sources such as Panorama etc.

Now, all of the same data presented by climate change scientists mysteriously shows that the Earth was warming over that period, not cooling. I'm not denying that these scientists are wrong OR right, just trying to show that the data can be easily skewed to the needs of those presenting it.

Climate change supporters, especially those who used to be known as "global warming" supporters, are very big on using "all the available data on record" showing climate change happening since about the 1850's. However, they are ignoring billions of years of data available in mud and ice core samples showing that this is an ongoing cycle.

12,000 years ago, the ice age ended, apparently quite suddenly. Ice shelfs collapsed around the world, sea levels rose drastically, likely contributing to stories about a massive flood that probably was the inspiration for the story of Noah in the Bible. What caused the ice to melt? A global temperature increase ......

Mankind was certainly not around on the planet in large enough numbers to impact the climate for that event, nor for the hundreds (maybe thousands) of ice ages that preceeded this.

There was a short period during which scientists saw a drop in temps and concluded that MAYBE particulate from emissions could block out enough sunlight to cause an ice age.

The scientists soon realized that this was not the case and that was the end of that.

Yes the earth has gone through ice ages and warm periods, but that is not what we are talking about. We are talking about what is happening NOW.

The Arctic is melting at a rate not seen for thousands of years, the permafrost is venting methane at a rate not seen for thousands of years, and the oceans are acidifying at a rate not seen for thousands or hundreds of thousands of years.

And all of the above is as a direct result of our CO2 emissions.

Those are facts.

So what is your point?
edit on 20-12-2010 by The_Liberator because: (no reason given)

the real problem with your rant is that you seem to believe climate records were actually kept hundreds or thousands of yrs ago. Fortunately, that is not the case.
up until a few short yrs ago (a few hundred anyway) ... EVERYONE believed (including the scientists of the day) the earth was flat. So, given the obvious and the recent discoveries that have confounded the physics community (celestial activities that defy every known and accepted principle) -- solar flare effects on/to the magnetosphere for example, no scientific assumption is an absolute until proven ... it is being studied, period. And, since we are a long way from 'proof', could you reduce the rhetoric and increase the studies, please?
Perhaps both you, and your family could learn something new, together.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think any man who packs his bags and walks out on his son has serious problems.

Poor kid, and all because you can't hack it. Another messed up kid to add to the messed up future of the human race. Thanks!

Shouldn't you be asking yourself "did "I" make a mistake and marry the wrong woman"?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
First thing's first. Didn't you have and know and put up with this stuff before you were married?
Second thing: How did you put up with it for so long?
Thirdly: Didn't you know this was going to happen?
Fourthly: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how hard you try and convince them of what you consider truths. They may think you're the lunatic and can't see the truth. See below...

Can i just say that global warming is occurring on all planets in our solar system. It might not be the sun, but it IS occurring on ALL planets within our solar system.

But YES i do agree that CO2 is a greenhouse gas which warms the atmosphere. I do agree that more and more greenhouse gases are getting released, including methane from permafrosts and the ocean. Yes I also believe that the ocean is saturated with CO2, and it is bad. We are polluting our atmosphere with pollution and our oceans with pollution also. Yes we must do something about this pollution. But i'm not sure we must reduce our carbon emissions via some tax where the money will go no-where except into the governments hands to use on some other thing whilst only spending a little bit of that tax trying to reduce the carbon footprint, sort of like the money for speeding fines are meant to be put back into the construction of roads and safer roads at that, but does not, and instead is used for other things the councils or government needs. I'm not ready to support a carbon tax, that will reduce our economy and increase unemployment. I believe the world has cycles of warming and cycles of ice-ages.
edit on 20-12-2010 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

2 words....ice cores.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm gonna be real with you. I think you could handle this better. If she is the one that takes care of your child the most it wouldn't be a stretch for her to think you are implying she is doing this wrong letting him watch t.v.

And I don't believe in man made climate change much either. It's a possibility, but I think mostly it's natural. A lot of people do. If she has this disorder it's not her fault, but you can help how you decide to discuss things with her.

edit on 20-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I think any man who packs his bags and walks out on his son has serious problems.

Poor kid, and all because you can't hack it. Another messed up kid to add to the messed up future of the human race. Thanks!

Shouldn't you be asking yourself "did "I" make a mistake and marry the wrong woman"?

I am hoping to get custody. But thanks for the support! (not)

I married a crazy person. Sue me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I edited my post up above.

please re:read just the top 4 lines or so....

BTW, what does ice-cores have to do with anything? Please enlighten me?
Does it have something to do with carbon-dating? Because you know that sometimes carbon-dating can be proven wrong....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

what they hell are ice cores?
pretty sure you can't carbon date those haha ( i dont think he's talking about carbon dating).

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
First thing's first. Didn't you have and know and put up with this stuff before you were married?
Second thing: How did you put up with it for so long?
Thirdly: Didn't you know this was going to happen?
Fourthly: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how hard you try and convince them of what you consider truths. They may think you're the lunatic and can't see the truth. See below...

Can i just say that global warming is occurring on all planets in our solar system. It might not be the sun, but it IS occurring on ALL planets within our solar system.

But YES i do agree that CO2 is a greenhouse gas which warms the atmosphere. I do agree that more and more greenhouse gases are getting released, including methane from permafrosts and the ocean. Yes I also believe that the ocean is saturated with CO2, and it is bad. We are polluting our atmosphere with pollution and our oceans with pollution also. Yes we must do something about this pollution. But i'm not sure we must reduce our carbon emissions via some tax where the money will go no-where except into the governments hands to use on some other thing whilst only spending a little bit of that tax trying to reduce the carbon footprint, sort of like the money for speeding fines are meant to be put back into the construction of roads and safer roads at that, but does not, and instead is used for other things the councils or government needs. I'm not ready to support a carbon tax, that will reduce our economy and increase unemployment. I believe the world has cycles of warming and cycles of ice-ages.
edit on 20-12-2010 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

Yes I knew she had problems, but they have gotten progressively worse as time has gone by. I actually broke up with her 5 times prior to our marriage, but each time she would promise me the moon when I returned.

How did I get through it? Simple....I suffered.

And as for your position that all planets are heating up, that has been debunked over and over.

But yes, I did see it coming, and yes I should have never gotten myself into this position. I'm an idiot, sue me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I have studied the topic of global warming almost obsessively for 2 years now and I know more about the topic than I care to admit

Maybe you should of been obsessively working on your relationship instead or playing internet scientist???

I have a feeling...that you may be the one that has to always be right...just a hunch.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I believe climate change is real, global warming on the other hand not so much.... What I don't understand is why people do all this research listen to manbearpig and argue back and forth about something you have no control over.... If you can sit here and say tomorrow it's going to be 120 degrees and it actually happened then I would be impressed, can you manipulate the weather and the universe itself?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yep that's what I'm getting. Doesn't even see it, shame really.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I am hoping to get custody. But thanks for the support! (not)

Irrelevant, you (both) have changed your sons life forever, and not for the better.

I married a crazy person. Sue me.

What...for being stupid? It ALWAYS takes two to tango.

Me thinks you came here seeking approval to make yourself feel justified in your actions but maybe you're a little dissappointed?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Well, you should not be talking like this behind her back, even if it is anonymous - it's disgusting!

This happens to be my field (psychology) and although I have done very little couples therapy, I can tell you are extremely bothered by the break-up, especially with the complicating factor of having kids and the holidays coming down on you. This is a monumental moment in your life and you really shouldn't be hashing it out with anonymous Internet posters. Instead of venting your issues here, you should be doing some soul-searching. Give this pivotal time the introspection it deserves so that you can make the best decision for yourself and your family.

Good luck

edit on 20-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join