It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xzorter
You will find no justification for leaving your wife here.
Be a good( better) husband ,and get some different counseling.
It sounds like you love her and it will work !
In sickness and in health, unless you didn't mean it when you said it.

I haven't COMPLETELY given up hope yet.....just 99%.

If she is willing to accept that she has a major MAJOR problem, then I am willing to consider moving back in.

Furthermore, if climate deniers are willing to accept that they may be wrong, then I am willing to continue the debate.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by The_Liberator

One heavily biased side of the story which should be taken with a grain of salt given your wife is not here to defend the allegations you make against her.

Dude.. go on Jerry Springer if you want to air your dirty laundry... or grow up. Which ever comes first.

IRM

Grow up in what way? If you mean that my posting my "laundry" anonymously on this board is an indication that I need to grow up, I would disagree.

I am venting my frustrations about my wife and equating it to the fact that climate deniers here are irrational, and seeing as I have A LOT of free time on my hands, it beats reading CNN or going on Eharmony.com

Frankly, I'm just kind of killing time with this thread. If it offends you, then feel free to move on.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
You people givin him # for leaving her...I would love to make you move in with a narcissist for 3 months. That would be enough...you'd run out the door.

Thanks for the support man. They just have no idea.......

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
maybe al gore may put you up at his house for while. his house is the biggest on the street, the one with all those damn climate changing lights on outside. just check under the mat for the spare key, he may not be home. he is probably flying all over the world in his "CLIMATE CHANGING JET" the freaking hypocrite.

no.......i cant go on a date with you because guess what......I THINK ITS A CROCK OF CRAP TOO. you even say in your original post that "its happening and there is nothing we can do about it". if you believe that, then stop getting on your high horse.

i will never pay a single cent extra for what i dont believe that i had a hand in causing. i may have added to pollution, but not the change in climate. anyway, sounds to me that you are easily led.....someone says t.v bad, you wanna turn it off.

Do some research and then get back to me. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

On the off chance you guys get back together, I sure hope she gets wind of this thread. She will make your life Pure Hell!

And, you know what ... you will deserve it for posting this.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Lol after reading your entire post all I can say is...the sun is getting hotter. In fact all the planets in our solar system are heating up...Google it. Lol.

Btw I would leave my wife if she DID believe in Global Warming. Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator

Originally posted by Honor93

wait just a minute little boy ... YOU picked up and left and she's the demon ??? yeah sure.

Yes, that is correct.

Google narcissistic personality disorder and you will understand. You would have left too.

So you are saying that if a husband beats his wife and she leaves, it's her fault? My wife was abusing the sh!t out of me and I left. What is your point again?

i am familiar with the affliction. It is nothing new and your behavior is only increasing her instability (if it was even diagnosed ... or are we supposed to take your word for it?)
You did say your were actively engaged in therapy, right? Have you seen your therapist since you left? if not, why?
considering my medical exp ... if you are in America, you wouldn't have received her diagnosis unless you did so 'around' the rules. Does that make you a control freak or maybe anti-social or just depressed and suffering an episode of mania? just your comments do make one wonder.
physical abuse ?? who mentioned that? narcissistic ppl often use emotional rather physical tools. you claim your spouse was 'abusing' you, yet you were active in therapy and by law your therapist should have reported her. (u sure you're ok?)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

My title is not misleading. She is no different from climate deniers such as yourself.

Your title "I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)" is MISLEADING!!!! You said nothing about what your wife thinks about climate change. Saying my wife is LIKE a climate change denier would fix that mistake.

What makes me think that I am not the reason that she is unhappy? Hmmm.....maybe because she has a mental illness and I don't?

So your assessment is that she is crazy and you're perfect? That says it all.

I have studied the topic of global warming almost obsessively for 2 years now and I know more about the topic than I care to admit (that's just my personality). It's bad, it's getting worse, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

You seem confused again..Is it climate change or is it global warming? And is it man-made or is it out of our control as you suggest? If "there is nothing we can do to stop it" then what the hell is your purpose? Make us realize that it's "bad" and "getting worse" so we can end-up miserable like your wife?

What do you want to accomplish with this BS thread????

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You say your soon to be ex has NPD, but when I check the mayo clinic definition, your rants fit the description. Read it yourself, just google it and read googles description too.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I am venting my frustrations about my wife and equating it to the fact that climate deniers here are irrational, and seeing as I have A LOT of free time on my hands, it beats reading CNN or going on Eharmony.com

Frankly, I'm just kind of killing time with this thread. If it offends you, then feel free to move on.

You're not gunna find much sympathy here for pro global warming...this IS a conspiracy sight...again...just sayin'
edit on 20-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by freedish because: i cant spell

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
You people givin him # for leaving her...I would love to make you move in with a narcissist for 3 months. That would be enough...you'd run out the door.

been a victim of one for over 40yrs and counting (however, i learned coping skills) ... what don't i know about this???
some family you can't erase ... shame some parents don't agree.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Thanks for the kind words Gseven. Believe it or not, I haven't given up hope completely (yet).

The original post of this thread honestly only touches the tip of an iceberg.

Her family loves me.

My family hates her.

I can count on one hand the number of apologies I have recieved in the last 5 years of our relationship, and ALL of them were "I apologize for my part". If I dare ask her what her part was, she simply cannot tell me and usually becomes enraged.

She hits her daughter in anger.

I have NEVER ever hit.....not even spanked.

I could go on and on.

And as for ATS, I have a lot of time on my hands now that I am single so I figured I would put my "laundry" out anonymously for the hell of it. In the past week, I have posted once on my old thread. Once.

Her problems go far beyond the range of "normal". You really would have to know someone with NPD to understand what I am going through.

In any case, thank you for your supportive words.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

am i being serious ?? in some ways, sure ... should we have already done such with even a percentage of those removed, we'd be in far better shape today than we are. Why not do something other than complain?

Hypothetically, your ideas sound great. But realistically, there is nothing we can do. The game is over I'm afraid.

with a response like this, you are right ... from one trained narcissist to another. and if that doesn't grab ya, then how about the more simpler form --> "quitter".

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

One heavily biased side of the story which should be taken with a grain of salt given your wife is not here to defend the allegations you make against her.

Dude.. go on Jerry Springer if you want to air your dirty laundry... or grow up. Which ever comes first.

IRM

OP, you should read this post over a few times and get back to yourself!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Yes it is pathetic that counseling has done nothing, But counseling a couple where one partner is mentally ill is not easy. Therapists want to blame both partners equally, but this is not always the case.

I am 37, and my father lives 15 minutes from my house. And luckily, he and I haven't had a fight for over 10 years. I am lucky to have an amazing support system.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

On the off chance you guys get back together, I sure hope she gets wind of this thread. She will make your life Pure Hell!

And, you know what ... you will deserve it for posting this.

And how the hell would she ever know that this thread is about her? I am completely anonymous here.....and by the way, thanks for the support!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
maybe al gore may put you up at his house for while. his house is the biggest on the street, the one with all those damn climate changing lights on outside. just check under the mat for the spare key, he may not be home. he is probably flying all over the world in his "CLIMATE CHANGING JET" the freaking hypocrite.

no.......i cant go on a date with you because guess what......I THINK ITS A CROCK OF CRAP TOO. you even say in your original post that "its happening and there is nothing we can do about it". if you believe that, then stop getting on your high horse.

i will never pay a single cent extra for what i dont believe that i had a hand in causing. i may have added to pollution, but not the change in climate. anyway, sounds to me that you are easily led.....someone says t.v bad, you wanna turn it off.

she may have a medical condition, but you dont my friend.....your just a pig. and there aint no cure for a pig who wont listen to anyone else and thinks the sun just shines out his own *ss.
Do some research and then get back to me. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Lol after reading your entire post all I can say is...the sun is getting hotter. In fact all the planets in our solar system are heating up...Google it. Lol.

Btw I would leave my wife if she DID believe in Global Warming. Just sayin'.

There are many reasons to leave one's spouse. One should really know the mindset before carnally embracing the flesh. Anyone who can watch shows the zionists pump out, and with a straight 'don't interrupt me' look on their face, should be abandoned as quickly as possible. Will she one day interact with bono in his megalomaniacal saint quest? I found out, and this is the sole thing that makes me glad that I jetted. Even surgically, there's no undoing that sort of devil worship from even the sweetest of sweet meats. And yes, global warming tolerance is a deal breaker. Very likely, all american women are poisoned with the telescreen. They were brought up with it; they don't know any better.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

And by the way, your assertion that you hope my wife finds this thread is kind of sickening. What is wrong with you?
edit on 20-12-2010 by The_Liberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm not a climate change denier, I'm a "mankind causes climate change" denier.

However, you mention that climate change deniers cherry pick through the articles, when in fact, climate change supports heavily cherry pick through the articles and skew the data to show what they want.

In the 1970's, there were several documentaries made about global cooling, using data from the 1950's and 1960's showing that the Earth was going into a cooling trend. NONE of those documentaries can be found online, but there were several, made by good sources such as Panorama etc.

Now, all of the same data presented by climate change scientists mysteriously shows that the Earth was warming over that period, not cooling. I'm not denying that these scientists are wrong OR right, just trying to show that the data can be easily skewed to the needs of those presenting it.

Climate change supporters, especially those who used to be known as "global warming" supporters, are very big on using "all the available data on record" showing climate change happening since about the 1850's. However, they are ignoring billions of years of data available in mud and ice core samples showing that this is an ongoing cycle.

12,000 years ago, the ice age ended, apparently quite suddenly. Ice shelfs collapsed around the world, sea levels rose drastically, likely contributing to stories about a massive flood that probably was the inspiration for the story of Noah in the Bible. What caused the ice to melt? A global temperature increase ......

Mankind was certainly not around on the planet in large enough numbers to impact the climate for that event, nor for the hundreds (maybe thousands) of ice ages that preceeded this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join