It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator
My wife has something called narcissistic personality disorder (lucky me, I know!). This is a serious mental illness that can ruin marriages and destroy the mental health of children (and yes we have a son together).

One of the main problems with my wife is that she blames me for EVERYTHING and facts simply do not matter to her.

I say: “honey, I just read a study that said babies should not watch television so I think we should be careful not to let our son watch too much tv”

Her: “why don't you try coming home and saying something positive, all you do is criticize and tell me what I'm doing wrong”

Me: “I didn't say you did anything wrong”

Her: “yes you did, you just said that I shouldn't let him watch tv! So now you're changing your story?”

Me: “what are you talking about, I just pointed out a study that said babies should not watch tv! That's all I am saying”

Her: “no, I know you, you were blaming me for letting him watch television. It's all my fault right? I'm the bad guy RIGHT????!!! Why don't you try telling me a POSITIVE story that you have read?”

Me: “why does everything have to become a fight with you?”

Her: “because you treat me like crap and criticize everything I do! WHY DON'T YOU TRY BEING A REAL HUSBAND!”

(the above actually happened believe it or not)

I cannot discuss reality with her because everything is distorted and turned against me. She says something and then a few minutes later says “I didn't say that....I NEVER said that!!!”.

It's crazy making.

We have been in therapy for over a year and all I have seen is the abuse escalate.

Well last week was her birthday so I threw a surprise party for her and got her an Apple tv as a present.

When I asked if she liked the party, she said “(and this is literally word for word), oh I'll get you back on your birthday and it will be something you don't like!”

The next day I hooked up the Apple TV and asked if she liked it and she said, “well I don't know when I'm ever going to be able to watch movies but, I guess”

At that point I had had enough. I took the Apple tv, packed up some clothes and left. I returned the gift and have been staying at my fathers house for the past week.

Why is this relevant to this forum? Because in every way my wife reminds me of climate deniers.

Their only goal is to be “right”, even if that means lying and distorting the evidence. They cherry pick one or 2 articles that back up their nonsense, and then ignore all other data.

I left my wife because she operates exactly like a climate change denier. In her mind, I am the bad guy, and I'm sure any deniers reading this will think that THEY are right and that I am the one cherry picking. But just as it is obvious to you that my wife is crazy as a loon, it is equally obvious to me that you are just as irrational as she.

Here are a few links for those who are still on the fence about the reality of climate change.

2010 in review:

climateprogress.org...

UAF scientists find arctic seabed methane stores destabilizing, venting methane at rate not seen for millions of years (in other words, runaway global warming has arrived people.....positive feedbacks are kicking in HARD):

www.youtube.com...

In my last thread, “Global warming is not only NOT a hoax...”, here is what I heard:

It's the sun!

Medieval warm period was warmer!

It's the sun!

Al Gore is an idiot!

It's the sun!

CO2 lags temperature!

It's the sun!

Blah blah blah.

Oh, did I mention that a lot of fools on here think it's the sun? WELL IT'S NOT THE SUN!!!

www.skepticalscience.com...

I have studied the topic of global warming almost obsessively for 2 years now and I know more about the topic than I care to admit (that's just my personality). It's bad, it's getting worse, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

And the next time you read a post saying that global warming is a “hoax”, just remember my wife. In her mind, she is right even though any fool can see that she is mentally ill. Climate deniers also think they are right......but we know better.

I know what you are talking about with this, I go through the same crap with my wife. As for the global warming I disagree. In Australia we are usually running around in shirts and shorts this time of the year, but for some reason it is frigging cold in the middle of summer. More like global cooling

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Actualy it is sad as you have a child, but from experience I can say you both are just wrong for each other and will never really understand what each other is saying...feeling, or thinking. My first husband and i were like that. I loved him a ton but we were not hearing each other..we just couldn't. Anyway as i was f8iling for divorce I happened upon his long and 21 yrs of our marriage affairs so regardless i did the right thing.
My husband now seems to either understand what I am trying to say or what i feel or if not ask until he does and it seems to go both ways, he lets me know him and has no secrets. It is the same ole thing if we fight, but after the first couple years we never had any fights anymore, as it will be with a good match!
GL to you it is hard and sad breaking up no matter what.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

Your wife like all weather and climates and wo men, is in the process of changing or has already changed, or wants to change you, or drive you away with the cold climate she is giving off, and like the climate, even control you with harsh weather and storms. If it's serious as you say and she is even more of a narcissist and vindictive and crazy then the average females out there, then find some way to take care of the kids, and get a new wife and move on, same as the others have done whatever that percentage is of divorce, over 70% im quesstimating it's at right now, of married couples have split.

Because as that ancient saying says, which ill make up right now, it says.... "Two people who always want to be right equals two wrong's always".
..... because there is no such thing as being right always.
edit on 21-12-2010 by galadofwarthethird because: OP bob marly once said... no women...no cry.... I know he was singing about something else, but in you case it's more like ..... have a woman...you cry. So no women...no cry.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

What about your child, your son?

Please consider his needs, his feelings.

Please.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
First of all, its good to see you kicked that B#### to the curb.

On topic: Climate change is a hoax. Have you noticed the unbelievable amount of COLD weather. There are some whom speculate on a small ice age ahead. Los Angeles received 12 inches of rain.

But that's ok, maybe you should find someone who believes that Al Gore was right, and all the scientists that debunked climate change are wrong.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
First of all, its good to see you kicked that B#### to the curb.

That's a terrible thing to say and what's even more terrible is how I can't stop laughing at it.

It's been one of those days and every thing is starting to be funny. Know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I'm gonna be real with you. I think you could handle this better. If she is the one that takes care of your child the most it wouldn't be a stretch for her to think you are implying she is doing this wrong letting him watch t.v.

And I don't believe in man made climate change much either. It's a possibility, but I think mostly it's natural. A lot of people do. If she has this disorder it's not her fault, but you can help how you decide to discuss things with her.

edit on 20-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

With all due respect, you don't believe in AGW because you have not done the research.

And I didn't say she was wrong, I said "I just read an article saying that babies should watch TV" and she exploded into a crazy rant.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I edited my post up above.

please re:read just the top 4 lines or so....

BTW, what does ice-cores have to do with anything? Please enlighten me?
Does it have something to do with carbon-dating? Because you know that sometimes carbon-dating can be proven wrong....

I am being lazy here and not rereading your older post, but I believe you said that we don't have reliable records of the climate when in fact we do. In those records it is shown that the earth shifts from one cold state to a hot state and back again.

Why?

Feedback mechanisms.

The same ones that are beginning to kick in HARD and the same ones that are going to fry us like a bunch of chicken Mcnuggets (damn those things are nasty aren't they?)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by DaRAGE

what they hell are ice cores?
pretty sure you can't carbon date those haha ( i dont think he's talking about carbon dating).

an ice core is a LOOOOONG tube of ice (often over a mile) that is cored out of Greenland and Antarctica.

They show the historical record of both temperature and the record of the composition of the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I believe climate change is real, global warming on the other hand not so much.... What I don't understand is why people do all this research listen to manbearpig and argue back and forth about something you have no control over.... If you can sit here and say tomorrow it's going to be 120 degrees and it actually happened then I would be impressed, can you manipulate the weather and the universe itself?

Thanks for your opinion. Please do some research and then get back to me. Have a nice day.

www.climateprogress.org

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

I am hoping to get custody. But thanks for the support! (not)

Irrelevant, you (both) have changed your sons life forever, and not for the better.

I married a crazy person. Sue me.

What...for being stupid? It ALWAYS takes two to tango.

Me thinks you came here seeking approval to make yourself feel justified in your actions but maybe you're a little dissappointed?

It does not take 2 to tango when 1 of the 2 is mentally ill.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
reply to post by The_Liberator

Well, you should not be talking like this behind her back, even if it is anonymous - it's disgusting!

This happens to be my field (psychology) and although I have done very little couples therapy, I can tell you are extremely bothered by the break-up, especially with the complicating factor of having kids and the holidays coming down on you. This is a monumental moment in your life and you really shouldn't be hashing it out with anonymous Internet posters. Instead of venting your issues here, you should be doing some soul-searching. Give this pivotal time the introspection it deserves so that you can make the best decision for yourself and your family.

Good luck

edit on 20-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your advice, but there is no soul searching I can do when it comes to a mentally ill person.

You are coming from the perspective that there is "my" side and "her" side, and I am coming on this silly forum to vent "my" side anonymously. That is simply not the case.

There is no "her" side.

She lies as easy as breathing, manipulates like crazy, distorts, and blames. That is what she does. '

If you are a psychology major, then certainly you have studied personality disorders at some point, have you not?

If so, then you realize that having a personality disorder is not only destructive but one of the most difficult things to treat. They abuse their spouses and their children and pretty much ruin life for everyone around them.

Please Google NPD and then get back to me. If you are going to be a psychologist, you really need to understand NPD and BPD because they are both more common than you have any idea, and they are both absolutely destructive.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge

I married a crazy person. Sue me.

It will be your wife who will be suing you for the next 18 years in the form of child support.

Self-realization is obviously not your area of strength. You need to look in the mirror and take responsibility for you own actions.

People like you should not be allowed to have children.
edit on 20-12-2010 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

And you base this on what? .

Google NPD and then get back to me. And when you DO, I expect an apology. I get enough abuse at home

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
I have a feeling that the OP will run away from this discussion just as he ran from his family.

HAHAHA.....wow, that's so funny! (not)

Thank you for your empathy and support. Much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
To late for relationship advice, but thank goodness you weren't my husband. I don't do emotionally abusive men.
Not that you were in this instance but I can tell by what you typed as her reply, and how you word things in posts, that you were.

I say: “honey, I just read a study that said babies should not watch television so I think we should be careful not to let our son watch too much tv” Her: “why don't you try coming home and saying something positive, all you do is criticize and tell me what I'm doing wrong” Me: “I didn't say you did anything wrong” Her: “yes you did, you just said that I shouldn't let him watch tv! So now you're changing your story?”

This is exactly how someone who has been emotionally would reply. Of course she is going to get defensive.
A better way to have said this is would have been to show her the study and asked her opinion.

You threw her a freaking surprise party, did you find out before hand if she liked surprise parties or hated them? Many people hate them.

Why am I waiting my time with this? Especially and emotionally abusive, immature enough to leave someone they "loved" over climate change type person ? Anyone?
edit on 20-12-2010 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

If you had an IQ above that of an avocado, you would realize that climate change had NOTHING to do with my leaving.

I left because she was abusive and irrational.

Climate change is a hobby of mine and I found parallels so I pointed them out in this thread.

My wife is impervious to reason and facts as are climate change deniars. They are the same.

I don't put you in that boat. You are just mean.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

Thanks Elzon. Maybe I should just try to be gay
lol

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
So, just so Im understanding this right... You just left your wife and kids, your marriage is basically over, and the your natural reaction is to come on ATS and tell the entire story and then tie it into the climate change controvesry? Dude, that has got to be one of the most effed up things I've seen on here period.

No, I left them, went to live with my father where I was bored as hell so I decided to post on this site.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mez353
This guy 'The Liberator' (Libby) is an irrational tool. The title of his Global warming thread screams for attention and this thread now takes the biscuit. Because there were a lot of people who stood up to him in his Global warming thread and his way over the top assessments and argued objectively against AGW WE are all mental and WE all have a problem. He will not discuss it further or take on board any of our opinions no matter what information we provide. Conversely, anything he posts is a fact, usually signing off with ‘The debate is over, the science is settled. Period. End of.’

Can anyone see any similarities here?

Libby, you are an attention seeking AGW whore who likes nothing better than to post on here to argue with people who don’t agree with you and drum up support from other likeminded and dim witted plebs.

(cue list after list of my posts in the global warming thread as response eh? You juvenile………)
She’s probably entertaining someone else by the way, that’s why she thinks you’re a bellend.

haha, I have to be honest Mez, I think you're pretty funny dude

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
So, just so Im understanding this right... You just left your wife and kids, your marriage is basically over, and the your natural reaction is to come on ATS and tell the entire story and then tie it into the climate change controvesry? Dude, that has got to be one of the most effed up things I've seen on here period.

you think this is effed up ?? --> just wait til the wifey gets a lawyer and a divorce ... then, the old soul (a whopping 37) will really find out what it's like to get 'shafted' shall we say? hmmmm, FB used in divorce proceedings, there is precedent ... wonder how long it'll be before ATS is used to declare 'mental instability' ??

Once again, how is she going to find this thread?

And even if she does, I DON'T GIVE A FLYING RATTS ASS!!!!! In fact I HOPE she finds this thread, the b@tch!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join