It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The19Keys
You are obsessed with this Climate Crap. You are the cause of your wife's behavior to you. You talk complete BS. Any normal woman would just put her head in the oven with a person who keeps coming back saying "I just read another story about TV and its dangers to kids. STOP letting our kid watch TV"

Then....Mr sensible.....GOES AND BUYS HIS WIFE A TV!!!!

Brilliant!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
from 2000: www.independent.co.uk...

How can anyone believe they got it right? This isn't one storm or one winter to justify GW isn't real, this is over a decade. Every GW alarmist did jump on the Katrina bandwagon too btw!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
First off,
If there is a child involved You are a selfish sod.
Your post shouts ...Me, Me, Me, Me.
If You fathered the child, then YOUR priority is the child, not You.

Secondly,
The whole of universe is a cyclic based nature, all things change.

The main problem now is the selfishness, the I want now what I want brigade, and with no thought or comprehension of others or the results of the corperate lust for profit that this demand feeds.

I am UK based where it was -15 degrees last night with a foot of snow everywhere.
Gravitor

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mez353

Originally posted by The19Keys
You are obsessed with this Climate Crap. You are the cause of your wife's behavior to you. You talk complete BS. Any normal woman would just put her head in the oven with a person who keeps coming back saying "I just read another story about TV and its dangers to kids. STOP letting our kid watch TV"

Then....Mr sensible.....GOES AND BUYS HIS WIFE A TV!!!!

Brilliant!

Agreed! Haha, way to make your own problem worse buddy. But I suppose it only makes it worse if we are still thinking the wife exists and this wasn't a set up for a meaningless debate?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with "Climate Change", but more about a break down in communication and ideals.

Time to focus on your child, and don't be self-centered adults.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

I'd say climate change is probably the LEAST of the worries on your plate at the moment.

Their only goal is to be “right”, even if that means lying and distorting the evidence. They cherry pick one or 2 articles that back up their nonsense, and then ignore all other data.

I don't think her goal is to be "right" about anything. She seems like someone who just refuses to be happy, and takes everything in the worst possible way. If those exchanges are genuine, it sounds like she may need some more serious therapy than just couples counseling. You claimed a diagnosis, so perhaps she already is.

Seems there is a LOT going on here than just an argument about who is "right" about anything, and I wish you the best of luck in working it through.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor
First off,
If there is a child involved You are a selfish sod.
Your post shouts ...Me, Me, Me, Me.
If You fathered the child, then YOUR priority is the child, not You.

Secondly,
The whole of universe is a cyclic based nature, all things change.

The main problem now is the selfishness, the I want now what I want brigade, and with no thought or comprehension of others or the results of the corperate lust for profit that this demand feeds.

I am UK based where it was -15 degrees last night with a foot of snow everywhere.
Gravitor

I have to agree about the child. Most people don't develop problems overnight. If you knew she was someone you couldn't live with for long, then I think you should have really given more thought into bringing a child into the mix.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The19Keys

Not just any tv either. One made in China. I call Bull>SNIP< on the OP.

Mod Edit: Censor circumvention. Please review.

edit on 12/21/2010 by yeahright because: Staff edit for censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I hear ya! It’s an attempt to move away from his last thread where he enforced his purported knowledge on us all as fact with no scope for discussion. He just enjoys a wind up.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator

Yep, I have a knack for creating "blockbuster" threads! What can I say? hahaha

This speaks volumes. Your threads are simply a way to up your counts on this forum. Find something you know will get people going and then respond to each of them. In no time your posting count had skyrocketed. Gotta hand it to you....it works.

TFN

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Lol looks like someone wants an e-penis extension to me. Post count whores amuse me sometimes.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
*Bah doublepost*
edit on Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:38:30 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I cannot stand it when people lend credibility to spurious psychiatric diagnoses. They name it....then we catch it. Is there a medication for this so-called disorder - or does it just require years of therapy? Maybe you and your wife just weren't made for each other.

I would say that you appear to be rather obstinate and closed minded to any other view point presented to you.

I'm with the climate being in a constant state of flux brigade. I'm anti-pollution - for the sake of clean air, water and food. I'm pro manufacturing products that do not have built in obsolescence - that's to protect resources. Could someone tell the Chinese?

However - if the climate is warming to such a degree that it’s going to drastically alter the planet - we better start thinking where we can move to.

PS. I live in Scotland - probably one of the few countries who hoped 'global warming' was true. But- didn't happen - so they changed the name to 'climate change'. Our weather here in Scotland actually changes every twenty minutes...so we won't notice that either.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I had 50 matches on eHarmony until I answered "no" to "Do you believe in Global Warming?"

Then it dropped to zero.

Bummer.

As for my 2 cents; there are much bigger issues here than your theory on this being related to the Global Warming myth.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Greetings to you, The_Liberator. I feel for your situation, I had a similar one with my ex wife, Mother of my children. Everything was always my fault, even when it wasn't, and whatever she did and got caught at, I was actually doing. She would beat me, and then tell her friends I beat her, which I never laid a hand in anger on her. She slept around on me, then would say it was me sleeping around. Her friends all hated me, for obvious reasons.

She got really mad at me when I got hurt, and used to preach to me the pain was all in my head. she tried to poison me on two occasions, I got very sick. She finally left me, for another truck driver, then low and behold, Karma caught up and they were in a car wreck that disabled her. Now she is feeling the pain and suffering she used to make fun of me for having. I do not relish in this, but it is just deserts.
No one escapes to Law of Karma.

Thankfully I met and married a nice girl, and a good wife she is. She sees to my every need, and takes care of me better than I take care of myself. She is young, and pretty, and some days I just cannot stop looking at her, and wondering what I had to attract such a beautiful woman to be with. It will get better, friend, just have trust in yourself, and let things happen. And do not only look at those stereotype women, those little skinny girls, women come in all shapes and sizes.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Good luck, you are going to need it.

Hope you planned this out real carefully, you should have 1) gotten a really good lawyer and 2) If you want to have a relationship with your son, taken him away somewhere and than had divorce papers served on your wife instead of just running out (desertion).

You just up and leaving will be classified in court as abandoment and will assure your wife custody of your son.

In a court of law, marriage is a legally binding contract. When a child, or children are involved the woman usually always has the upper hand. The court will now award her custody of your child and 45% of your salary. She will alienate your child from you. If you are lucky, you might get to see your son for 48 hours every two weeks. Forget Christmas plays, helping him with school work, even being able to know where he lives at unless your wife will allow the aforementioned.

Your parents (the paternal grandparents) will also now be cut out of his life.

Why don't men think with the head on their shoulders.

You knew she was a spoiled princess and a narcissist when you put that ring on her finger and said I do.

Well now you are up feces creek without a paddle.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

Good luck to your son, he is going to need it.

Maybe I should reply to the post, should the state decide if a couple can have a baby.

Normally I am not for regulation by the state but when the divorce rate is 45% and most kids are key latch kids, raising themselves by age 9 maybe the state should regulate if and when a couple should bring a baby into a relationship.

People should live together for at least five years, than if they want a child make sure their relationship and financial status is stable THEN procreate.

Another poor innocent kid being dragged through divorce and living in a one parent household.

It is my personal opinion that many (not all) younger people today for the most part are spoiled, selfish and not capable of working through problems. They are use to instant gratification and having everything "their way".

Something is drastically wrong when the divorce rate is so high.

Why why why do people have children before they are sure their relationship and finances are stable?

Haven't any of you people heard of birth control and planning important stuff out.

And yes, I consider bringing another soul into this world one of the most important things one will do.

And all this for global warming?

My husband believes

-- If Fox News reports it, it must be the truth.

-- Our governments look out for their people's best interests

-- 911 was done by Osama bin Laden

-- Our votes count

-- Global warming is real

-- There is no alien presence here on the planet

-- JFK was shot by a lone gun man and the official investigation is the real story.

-- There was no crash at Roswell.

-- There may be "life out there" but they haven't come here yet.

-- Most important things just seem to happen and are not planned........in other words, most "conspiracies" are stupid.

-- A one NWO would be good because it would regulate people more and most people are too stupid to regulate their lives.

and on and on and on................but, I really love my husband with all my heart and soul and us being older (you get crankier as you age) we sort of just don't discuss things that we both know are going to aggrevate the other.

Pretty much he comments on the news (Fox, CNN, etc) and I just say oh that's interesting and go onto ATS.

Of all the reasons for leaving your wife and son, you chose global warming?

edit on 20-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

kix

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I wonder what will be in June 2011 after the death toll is calculated after this coming winter, what will the GW alarmists will say... I cant wait to hear the BS.

In the mean time I have my chains ready.

BTW, It takes a sane person to marry another sane person, the contrary applies. So look in the mirror get into therapy, and find yourself why you married a crazy woman.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm a man made climate change denier.. Glad i'm not your wife.
Bit selfish splitting up with her when you have a kid. Is the child young or older?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What a load of rubbish this thread is.

It's basically a round about way of saying that anyone who denies AGW or ACC is mentally ill.

I actually didn't know al gore posted here...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Love is a decision, not a feeling. Love is the theological virtue of wanting the best (eternal salvation) for that person. When you get married you take a vow, a lifelong promise, to love (want the best for) and honor (hold in esteem) the other person...in good times and bad.

If leaving is the best thing for HER then you can do it, otherwise you are obligated to help her and love her.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join