It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My wife has something called narcissistic personality disorder (lucky me, I know!). This is a serious mental illness that can ruin marriages and destroy the mental health of children (and yes we have a son together).

One of the main problems with my wife is that she blames me for EVERYTHING and facts simply do not matter to her.

I say: “honey, I just read a study that said babies should not watch television so I think we should be careful not to let our son watch too much tv”

Her: “why don't you try coming home and saying something positive, all you do is criticize and tell me what I'm doing wrong”

Me: “I didn't say you did anything wrong”

Her: “yes you did, you just said that I shouldn't let him watch tv! So now you're changing your story?”

Me: “what are you talking about, I just pointed out a study that said babies should not watch tv! That's all I am saying”

Her: “no, I know you, you were blaming me for letting him watch television. It's all my fault right? I'm the bad guy RIGHT????!!! Why don't you try telling me a POSITIVE story that you have read?”

Me: “why does everything have to become a fight with you?”

Her: “because you treat me like crap and criticize everything I do! WHY DON'T YOU TRY BEING A REAL HUSBAND!”

(the above actually happened believe it or not)

I cannot discuss reality with her because everything is distorted and turned against me. She says something and then a few minutes later says “I didn't say that....I NEVER said that!!!”.

It's crazy making.

We have been in therapy for over a year and all I have seen is the abuse escalate.

Well last week was her birthday so I threw a surprise party for her and got her an Apple tv as a present.

When I asked if she liked the party, she said “(and this is literally word for word), oh I'll get you back on your birthday and it will be something you don't like!”

The next day I hooked up the Apple TV and asked if she liked it and she said, “well I don't know when I'm ever going to be able to watch movies but, I guess”

At that point I had had enough. I took the Apple tv, packed up some clothes and left. I returned the gift and have been staying at my fathers house for the past week.

Why is this relevant to this forum? Because in every way my wife reminds me of climate deniers.

Their only goal is to be “right”, even if that means lying and distorting the evidence. They cherry pick one or 2 articles that back up their nonsense, and then ignore all other data.

I left my wife because she operates exactly like a climate change denier. In her mind, I am the bad guy, and I'm sure any deniers reading this will think that THEY are right and that I am the one cherry picking. But just as it is obvious to you that my wife is crazy as a loon, it is equally obvious to me that you are just as irrational as she.

Here are a few links for those who are still on the fence about the reality of climate change.

2010 in review:

climateprogress.org...

UAF scientists find arctic seabed methane stores destabilizing, venting methane at rate not seen for millions of years (in other words, runaway global warming has arrived people.....positive feedbacks are kicking in HARD):

www.youtube.com...

In my last thread, “Global warming is not only NOT a hoax...”, here is what I heard:

It's the sun!

Medieval warm period was warmer!

It's the sun!

Al Gore is an idiot!

It's the sun!

CO2 lags temperature!

It's the sun!

Blah blah blah.

Oh, did I mention that a lot of fools on here think it's the sun? WELL IT'S NOT THE SUN!!!

www.skepticalscience.com...

I have studied the topic of global warming almost obsessively for 2 years now and I know more about the topic than I care to admit (that's just my personality). It's bad, it's getting worse, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

And the next time you read a post saying that global warming is a “hoax”, just remember my wife. In her mind, she is right even though any fool can see that she is mentally ill. Climate deniers also think they are right......but we know better.

+39 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I guess I'm wanna those, "its the sun" people.

Glad we're not married. lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

All I can tell you...My whole family has this disorder...they truly suck and it's good you left your wife.
edit on 19-12-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Good for her...

Try some internet dating, make sure the next one believes everything Al Gore says.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Sounds like you did your wife a favour , to me . She is probably on Facebook right now , chatting to her childhood sweetheart , while you obsessively carry on with your meglomanic life !

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No the real idiots are the ones that think the climate is stable.

There are only 2 possible choices to anyone who knows about the earths history..

(a) It is getting warmer.

(b) It is getting colder.

It is impossible for it not to be changing. The only constant in the universe is change.

If we are warming the place up with our pollution, we are only doing 1 of 2 things....

(a) We are speeding up a process that is already inevitable.

(b) We are slowing down the coming ice age.

Do you know Apple build their stuff in China that has ZERO pollution laws ?
edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

All I can tell you...my whole family has a narcissistic peronality disorder...they truly suck and it's good you left your wife.

Dude WOW!!! Sorry to hear that man! Yes they do suck, that is for sure. She has a daughter (not from me thank GOD), and her daughter also has it. I'll be DAMNED if I"m going to let me son get it! How did you end up not getting the disorder?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I guess I'm wanna those, "its the sun" people.

Glad we're not married. lol.

Amen to that! haha

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
"Their only goal is to be “right”, even if that means lying and distorting the evidence. They cherry pick one or 2 articles that back up their nonsense, and then ignore all other data."
This data comes from the powers that be, my friend. I hate to break it to ya, but you are on a conspiracy site. Anything the power's say is rigged,and I strongly think this. For you to bash conspiracy theories on a conspiracy website is absurd. Go join the National Geograpfic Society or something.
So take your 100% factual data to the bar and pick up a chick.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

This is not helping your argument about climate change. It tells me you are not mature enough to have been married anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ugh climate change deniers are so ignorant, it is sad sometimes.
that said, our politicians are using it as an excuse to make a buck
for themselves and their friends. If they really cared about us and our
environment they would perfect solar energy.

p.s. What makes me so mad at the deniers is that they don't care about
our environment. if they did, they would see that humans have been r@ping
our environment for the past 200 years. All the nasty stuff we have done
to this Earth is starting to catch up to us. But climate change deniers
forget that we've destroyed 90% of the forests. I love when they say
"but plants eat CO2, so more CO2 is better." They leave out the fact
that we've destroyed most of the plants on this planet.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Ghost374 because: addendum

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This has the makings of being the most entertaining thread of 2010. Dying to see where this leads lol

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Isn't there a thread somewhere that has links to scientific articles that our solar system is heating up as a whole, and not just Earth?
What are your thoughts on this?

link   

Originally posted by dude69

Good you left her...narcissists suck.
edit on 19-12-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

Sorry man, I read it before you decided to edit the personal stuff out.

We're all anonymous on here, so feel free to bitch (or send me a pm). I've actually never met anyone else with even a cursory knowledge of NPD, much less someone who was surrounded by them. It is truly a destructive and sickening disorder. And there is no cure...

I wouldn't wish my wife on my worst enemy. She is that bad.

+3 more 
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Climate change= religous cult

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Why didn't you just turn off the TV? Works both ways, no?

Narcissism may be leading you to ignore alternative answers that do not mesh with your outlook.

Man is incapable of altering the climate on a global scale.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I have no idea...I'm the youngest and I kinda remember thinking to myself at an early age...holy moly, what's wrong with them?...I am a bit messed up though, but not like narcissists. Always kept my distance and at age 18 got the hell out.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Sounds like you did your wife a favour , to me . She is probably on Facebook right now , chatting to her childhood sweetheart , while you obsessively carry on with your meglomanic life !

Sounds to me like you may have NPD and not realize it (just as she doesn't realize it).

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
All's well that ends well ...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Good for you!
As for those who are in a state of denial i.e. "It's just a couple of flakes....nothing to worry about", WAKE UP!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join