It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychohistory and the coming fall of the American Empire:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

For some Reason I have been having a hard time writing this threaad. Even now As I go about writing It I am expecting something to come up and stop me...

I am having a lot of unusual interference with this... A whole lot...

The origin starts while I was trying to write a definitive thread on Julian assange and wikileaks...
From there my mind was begining to wonder.... It came back to an old thread Idea...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You see I have been rereading the whole series and the books... The JA and wikileaks thread hit some note somewhere in my minds storage

Here is what little I have...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292814833&sr=1-1

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_1

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_2

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_3

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_4

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_5

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_6

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_15

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_1

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_16

Key words that stood out...

Weak/strong emperor- weak/strong general... conversation....

social dampers-

failing infrastructure-

transitions stages of ruling....

breaking up of government into regional powers

chaos worlds

response to failing technology ( nuclear plants)

brain fever....

Now add in what has been going on...

The battles between parties... (note responses to pelosicare)

arizona and texas (responses over healthcare and immigration)

Obama's responses....

This all ads up ... it is making asimov out to look like a profit....

swine flu

I have a few questions...

Has there been any construction of government facilities for data storage in off locations?

The bunkers and fema camps fit but not completely... they fall more in line with decaying government

Conspiracies that fit part of the bill...

We do have the one listed here on a supercomputer with psi applications...

The burying of psychic research....

The island in new york that is doing the germ warfare research...

Lupus and swine flu...

Am I missing something here... I am beginning to see the outline of a conspiracy

They know america is going down. They are play the parts directly into the numbers....
It seems to me that the shoe fits...

My advice is to start looking over ATS's survival threads....

An American Foundation the question is where.... Where is it... and how have they hid the funding and information
edit on 19-12-2010 by ripcontrol because: interruptions as perdicted

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I am also reading the Foundation Series. I used a lot of it as a basis for a quantum theory of mind, the individual has free will, the society is pre-destined sort of thing.
edit on 29-12-2010 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm in the middle of the second Foundation book.

The parallels between the science-fiction world of Nikolai Asimov and our own is astonishing to say the least, but history does repeat itself.

Thanks for bringing the correlation to people's attention who may not have known, although I suspect many of our members have read this series.

edit on 29-12-2010 by prepared4truth because: typos

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Its a cycle.

But does it truly ever fall though.

Sure the Roman Empire fell, but within a few centuries the Germans had picked up the mantle and other even greater European Empires like Spain, Portugal, France, and England all rose from it. Now the EU looks like it could pick up where Rome left off.

So even if one day the United States goes away. It won't really go away. There will always be American Empires.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

An American Foundation ....

Yes it is a possiblity and actually not too unlikely reality.

They have said that they are buying time.

Time for what?

I think we know the answer already.

Isaac Asimov (Russian: Айзек Азимов; born Isaak Yudovich Ozimov, Russian: Исаак Юдович Озимов)

Interesting artwork on the front cover.

... the question is where ... Where is it... and how have they hid the funding and information

Where?

It could be damn near anywhere.

Over the last 10 years we've been moving substantial assets around the entire globe on a continual basis. It's anyones guess and it's probably a secret they will die to protect.

How did they finance it?

You're kidding right?

The national debt doubled within the last 10 years and trillions of dollars literally disappeared in the chaos of the stock market and housing meltdown. It's completely untraceable.

The Foundation Series is a science fiction series by Isaac Asimov which covers a span of about 550 years.

The premise of the series is that mathematician Hari Seldon spent his life developing a branch of mathematics known as psychohistory, a concept of mathematical sociology (analogous to mathematical physics) devised by Asimov and his editor John W. Campbell. Using the law of mass action, it can predict the future, but only on a large scale; it is error-prone on a small scale. It works on the principle that the behaviour of a mass of people is predictable if the quantity of this mass is very large (equal to the population of the galaxy, which has a population of quadrillions of humans, inhabiting millions of star systems). The larger the number, the more predictable is the future.

Using these techniques, Seldon foresees the imminent fall of the Galactic Empire, which encompasses the entire Milky Way, and a dark age lasting thirty thousand years before a second great empire arises. Seldon's psychohistory also foresees an alternative where the intermittent period will only last one thousand years. To ensure Seldon's vision of a second great Empire comes to fruition, Seldon creates two Foundations — small, secluded havens of all human knowledge — at "opposite ends of the galaxy".

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 29-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If wouldnt mind... Please do expand I would love more information on your own thoughts and conclusions....

You seem to take the original approach of thats nice but I have to do my own experiments to verify it... I like that

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Your welcome....

If you dont mind me asking what correlations do you see I know I missed a few.... But I think I got the overall...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Cobra!!!!!!!

couldnt resist

I saw a few parallels in that as well.

The problem with the whole Idea is in fact that when america falls... will there be a foundation to cut through the dark ages....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Can you find that vid on the quote is would me appropriate....

As for funding... millions of ways to fund.... but the key point would be personnel.... whos missing....

I do not claim to be a great psychic... Reach out with the edge of your mind what do you see?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I think I have an evil idea... It is quite possible but will need some fleshing out....

I had a dream last night after reading and letting my mind wander over the evidence that this might be true...

I woke with a thought... Why not

turn about is fair play

leader with this instead of president of the us...

you will laugh

oh you want to know what I was rereading....

Shadow of the giant

The rest of the book deals with Peter Wiggin working to create a world government free of war through his Free People of Earth (FPE) alliance

Only your enemies here are different...

Skull and bones
b- group
Masons
illuminati
Catholic church

banking cartel
oil cartel
drug cartel

If you can convert them (some) you can use them to take out the rest...

well I am going on info searching for the rest of the evidence I dreamed was out there...

I'll be back....
The main advantage would be that Amuricans would follow an american if he was in charge of the UN....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The biggest line of BS I have seen so far is this...

Looking at obama care I realised what part of the effect was...

States have started challenging the authority of the federal government... (please note I am not weighing in on issues)

Part of the process of a fall of central authority is the weakening of its allowed actions....

So I looked for other instances I came across recently

Dallas morning news

EPA seizes permit power from Texas on greenhouse gas emissions

article

WASHINGTON – The Environmental Protection Agency said Thursday that it will seize authority from Texas to regulate major emitters of greenhouse gases because Gov. Rick Perry and state regulators refused to implement the rules.

Title gives the best explanation....

PRN

Virginia First State to Pass Health Care Freedom Act: 38 States Lining Up Against ObamaCare

WASHINGTON, March 4 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today Virginia became the first state in the nation to enact legislation to protect their citizens from being forced to purchase health insurance or participate in any health care system against their will. The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) has identified 37 other states that have similar bills pending or have announced that they will introduce this legislation. Already, at least one house of the legislatures in Idaho, Missouri, and Tennessee have also passed such legislation.

Summing it up.. The states have decided to make a rule made by the central authority illegal...

next

New York Times

Arizona Enacts Stringent Law on Immigration

PHOENIX — Gov. Jan Brewer of Arizona signed the nation’s toughest bill on illegal immigration into law on Friday. Its aim is to identify, prosecute and deport illegal immigrants.

summing it up...

Arizona got tired of the central authority not guarding the boarder and the cost to the citizen in arizona....

I am pretty sure you can see where this is going

Obama and his associates are viewed as weak and unable to rule... As head of the executive central authority he seems to have suffered from a lack of practical vision... ( its called paying dues)

You see he assumes that all elections will be peaceful and tradition will be followed... It is an error that has cost the democrats dearly... Issues of money are not the same as civil rights... same tool different job equals failure

Now on state rights that issue (excuse) was decided by lincoln and ended with grants help...

I do not remember where but recently there was an article over the civil war...

Something major got left out of the history books on the civil war....

The taxes and tariffs leveled on the souths major products... ( cotton)

It changes the full nature of the origin of the war. Yes slavery was the labor system used to expedite the system, but not to many southerners would have fought to defend the right to own another man.

Lee, longstreet, johnson....????

On the other hand they would fight over losing their major ability to survive because someone else decided they deserved a bigger cut. ( central authority )

States rights are a non-issue... THEY DO NOT EXIST

rallying call maybe but not cause to rebel...

Outcomes...

1) states may soon lose certain abilities to do certain things...

collect taxes may be one of them... It is a way to centralize authority ....

if this is part of the steps look for a lot more of this....

MSNBC

Yes a mainstream media source ?????

CHICAGO — Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich embarked on a "corruption crime spree" and tried to benefit from his ability to appoint President-elect Barack Obama's replacement in the U.S. Senate, federal officials said Tuesday.

a lot more states governments will fall... I see a year of STATE scandals......

In closing, the whole reason I am doing this is one small part of psychohistory that is overlooked by the manipulators. One of the axioms was

"that the population should remain in ignorance of the results of the application of psychohistorical analyses"

quote wikipedia of asimov

ATS's motto

Deny Ignorance....

remember knowledge is power, and now you know....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am the first to admit I am human... I am pursuing three things with multiple parts...

divorce
psychic warfare
psychohistorical mathematics

one of my earlier observations that apply but has not played out...

ats thread of mine

out of my seeming failure, something else has emerged....

a greater understanding of the interaction of external pressures interaction with internal pressures....

Timing issues are central....

going off topics slightly mods...

You see the powers that be have one issue they are not aware of... The hands they play respond to mathematics more then they will ever know. They have left big footprints.

You see they play the same numbers that the great tyrants played, but have forgotten the end results from those tyrants...

now how does this tie in... In the democtorship (democracy/dictatorship) of America (DoA), you suffer from something you do not see. I see it it clear as day.... Your timing will be thrown off because you missed this... Those fighting you know it too.... You suffer the same delusion that the fictional skynet suffered.... It something so basic and understood you missed it...

ATS use your superpower

in case it is not readable

well I am off this rant
my next part is to try and make some predictions on what leos will face in the next few years....

followed by what texans can expect...

remember ats, my fellow Texans and Floridians, the other 48 states, and my fellow humans

Together lets make this the best place to be...

ROCK ON

edit on 2-1-2011 by ripcontrol because: STATION

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Can you find that vid on the quote is would me appropriate....

Which quote?

but the key point would be personnel.... whos missing....

Excellent observation

Reach out with the edge of your mind what do you see?

I see the Dark Ages approaching.

If there is no Foundation already setup somewhere then I would probably despair.

However, I think that our leaders are quite a bit more resourceful and cunning than we would like to give them credit for.
edit on 2-1-2011 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Time for what?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Time for what?

For years, Congress has been buying time, and leaving the great challenge of entitlement reform for others to deal with.

- John McCain

But we were only buying time as problems multiplied, and demagogues stirred resentment, and the ideologies of violence took hold.

- Richard Cheney

Foreclosure Strategy

Will Obama's housing plan stem mortgage defaults or just buy time?

video.foxnews.com...

Obama buys time for zombie banks

www.csmonitor.com...

Obama and the U.S. Strategy of Buying Time

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

I know I've heard Obama and/or Bush say it as well.

Still seaching ...

------------------------------

Mind boggling quote

"We have no strategic plan. We never had one," a senior U.S. military commander said of the Bush years. Obama's first order of business, he said, will be to "explain to the American people what the mission is" in Afghanistan.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Empires and Grand Strategy

Obama and the U.S. Strategy of Buying Time

It is easy to confuse inaction with a lack of strategy. Of course, there may well be a lack of strategic thinking, but that does not mean there is a lack of strategy.

The U.S. economy is roughly 25 percent of the world's economy. The
American military controls the seas, not all at the same time, but anywhere it wishes at any
given time.

The United States also controls outer space.

Like that of Britain or Rome, U.S. grand strategy is driven by the sheer size of the national
enterprise, a size achieved less through planning than by geography and history.

www.vailhomeowners.com...

And an oldie but a goodie ..

A sophisticated investment banker paused in the middle of lunch last week and asked, "Was there a stock market crash last October?"

He was only half joking. Of course there was a crash--with U.S. stocks losing hundreds of billions of dollars in value and leading a drastic slide in stock markets around the world. The crash sparked concern that we were seeing a rerun of 1929 and that a 1930s-style Depression would follow.

Federal Reserve Board Governor H. Robert Heller acknowledged in a speech last week that foreign capital is meeting "the credit needs of the federal government." That's why there's enough money for consumers to buy houses at reasonable mortgage rates and for business to finance expansions.

April 13, 1988

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I dont know how clearer it can be

The only catch is there is more than just one group
edit on 2-1-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I hope the mods do not mind because I will from time to time also post links to threads that include information or ideas that apply.....

Today's inclusion

ATS china and us war inevitable

found this gem... it is in breaking alternative news.
interesting beginning on the idea

TedHodgson

and when I visited his name another thread of his caught my attention

game theory when starting a war saves lives

This is great...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It is my opinion that the Foundation series is the best space opera ever created...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

thank you.

I asked my girlfriend she says it was both... ( bush and oman )

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimaybliss

It is my opinion that the Foundation series is the best space opera ever created...

If war does come, American power is still decisive, if not in creating peace, then certainly in wreaking
havoc upon rising powers.

And that is the foundation of empire.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join