It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional engineer Jon Cole cuts steel columns with thermate, debunks Nat Geo & unexpectedly repr

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Did Myth Busters ever try to prove this? That show gets a lot of viewers and if they could prove it too, that would be another credible source for thermite burning through steel. But than again, would the powers that be let them?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, i do remember that mythbusters burned through an entire car with thermite. Cut the damned thing in half, they did! so, maybe that was their way of doing it, without really doing it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Great thread - and honestly I've been trying to stay away from 9/11 threads for the most part, mostly because I'm tired of the same arguments and the same BS OS believers spew out of their mouths.

However, theres not much you can really debunk about this video, it's done very well and I'm glad to see that there are people out there who are not only questioning the OS but doing so so much that they take their own time & money to prove that the OS is filled with a bunch of lies.

Keep it up people, and maybe just maybe, we will get the truth we are all looking for. Regardless, we all know that the truth is not what we've been told, and at this point [unfortunately] that is going to have to be good enough for us until we fight for more information and actually get it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Did Myth Busters ever try to prove this? That show gets a lot of viewers and if they could prove it too, that would be another credible source for thermite burning through steel. But than again, would the powers that be let them?

I'm pretty sure Mythbusters has been confronted by the government about airing sensitive stuff.. Adam said they were during some convention.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thank you sir for that excellent demonstration on the capabilities of thermite.

For the people inhere who seem unaware of the physical evidence of thermite in ground zero, here is your proof :

This video is of Danish scientist Niels Harrit, talking about the discovery of 10 - 100 TONS of Nano-Thermite in the rubble.

The evidence and the truth has been discovered long ago by scientists and they're just waiting for Americans to wake up and take action against this huge manipulative propaganda machine in the United States.

It's common psychology that positions of control and power will have a strong attraction on the worst control freaks and psychopaths. People who have no remorse in doing whatever must be done to sustain that position of power and control.

Good luck from here on out.
edit on 20-12-2010 by JustAThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

This is all I could find concerning 9/11 and mythbusters.

After watching this, I am not sure what side of the fence he is on, but after watching this response to them doing RFID on mythbusters, then I think that I know.

You decide?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by ommadawn
All the video shows is that thermite can melt steel.

That's known for at least 30yrs. Maybe Nat Geo got something wrong, but that is all this video demonstrates.

Please don't be disingeneous. It is not about thermite being able to cut steel as it is thermite and thermate being able to horizontally cut through a vertical steel column to sever it. Which the debunkers have said is impossible since day one. Only now to have to eat crow.

I guarantee I can find a post for every debunker here that has claimed as such.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

"Please don't be disingeneous"

Not trying to, appologies.
There's enough hate in the World for me to spend energy adding to that.

Just trying to look at the argument and comment on it.

Looks like pretty poor work on behalf of Nat Geo, but does not add support to the idea of use of this stuff on 9/11.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JustAThought

Dude....

That is such a good video that I must embed it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks i just figured out how to do it in the original post.

Better to have that video 2 times in 1 thread though so nobody misses it

The really interesting thing is that while he is a peer-reviewed respected scientist, he still thought there would have to have been conventional explosives involved aswell for it to be enough. But now Jon Cole proves without a doubt that no conventional explosives is needed.

Awesome work.
edit on 20-12-2010 by JustAThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Actually, BS, I was talking to those who confused themite and thermate. Many truthers seem to be confused and I was only pointing out that neither has been shown to be present, although Jones claimed thermite and Cole used thermate because it works better. Further, the Cole video has cycled several times. This must be a slow news day or the truthers' memories need to be refreshed every month or so to keep the rant level up. Maybe a mod will notice that this is the third Cole video thread, at least.
Jones paper was poorly done and couldn't be published in any primary journal. Harrit and Jones have an agenda and science doesn't enter into it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Jones paper was poorly done and couldn't be published in any primary journal. Harrit and Jones have an agenda and science doesn't enter into it.

You're right...
Truth is their agenda, unlike the Government that spends so much money hiding the truth..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

I hear it over and over again, truthers have an agenda truthers have an agenda, they are biased.

What is the agenda all these architects and engineers have? Are they looking to get their cut on investigate 911 coffee mugs
?

I think we showed who has an agenda and is therefore biased, or at least dependent to reproduce a paper with the desired outcome.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Fame and adulation from the technically challenged is their agenda. It is working, to some extent.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

Fame and adulation from the technically challenged is their agenda. It is working, to some extent.

What fame? I dont see much fame for any of the architects and engineers involved in the truth movement. Thats a pretty weak argument. So no, it is not working, not at all. Surely you will agree. On the other hand we have a very strong case on why the factions in question would stage the 911 attacks. Of course it was just a convenient coincidence that they occoured

Sooo just to sum it up the only people that can be trusted and are unbiased are those who get their money from the goverment and are defending the official version, ommitting any investigation that might point away from what we all believe in. The moment an educated man signs up for the truth movement, he becomes biased for some reason and is in it because he is crazy or looking for the attention he does not get in his career as an architect or engineer.

Did I get the 911 deniers take on reliable sources?
edit on 20-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
reply to post by JustAThought

Dude....

That is such a good video that I must embed it.

This thread gets better and better. Thanks for that clip and oh, let's put it up a third time in my quote.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

He is Danish, the Danks hat America and your freedom. Therefore he must be lying because he wants the terrorizers to win. Didnt you know? Seriously though there have been reports of shut off floors and construction work in the weeks leading up to the attack.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Actually, BS, I was talking to those who confused themite and thermate. Many truthers seem to be confused and I

Thermate, thermite, or termites. Who cares? Moot point anyway. The real point is the BS in the OS. Nice try to distract from the content of what really is going on here. And yes, nano-thermite was found so why do you keep saying there was no evidence of it?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

I hear it over and over again, truthers have an agenda truthers have an agenda, they are biased.

What is the agenda all these architects and engineers have? Are they looking to get their cut on investigate 911 coffee mugs
?

I think we showed who has an agenda and is therefore biased, or at least dependent to reproduce a paper with the desired outcome.

Agreed. When I was first exposed to the Truth movement, I remember thinking how crazy the 9/11 inside job thing sounded (that was before I actually looked at the evidence
). I can imagine most people felt/feel the same in the early stages of being exposed to the idea. A lot of people view Truthers as "crazy conspiracy theorists". I don't see why people like Jones would want to be known as such. Seriously, who would want to be famous for being crazy?
It doesn't make sense.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cLOUDDEAD

Well truthers arent seen as crazy no more, this isnt 2001. I still dont see the big phat trick that being a 911 truther is, that one would LIE to get on board.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Fame within the circle of their fellow travellers. That tightly-knit, mutual admiration society of CTer's who accept anything that supports their position and deny anything that questions their theories. Those who have predetermined their conclusions with nothing more than gut feelings that "things didn't look right." They have no idea of how things should look other than from what they see in disaster movies and you all know how accurate Hollywood is.Those technically astute individuals that speak of the laws of physics and tout a Doctor of Divinity degree. In short, people like you, Cassie.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join